shape
carat
color
clarity

Selling stuff on PS?....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I'm just wondering moderators and I guess PS....would it ever be possible to allow people with a certain amount of posts to sell stuff on PS...or is that just a whole can of worms you'd rather not open.....I think there used to be a sale thread and maybe the moderators decided it wans't someplace PS wanted to go since
it can lead to bad stuff...I totally understand that but am wondering what everyone thinks...and most importantly LOL the moderators...It sure would be nice to be able to swap around with other PSers since there are so many scams on ebay.....?

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve seen something similar on The Purse Forum, they have a marketplace that only moderator approved posters could participate (and you need to have at least 500 posts to even think of pinging the moderator to ask for access)

I believe it has been successful for them, but then again I imagine that their average purchase is in the low thousands, while jewelry transactions are likely to be higher (with higher liability, risk, etc).

Of course, I haven''t been on Pricescope long enough to know the reasoning behind why such a forum doesn''t exist or if it did, why it was done away with.

Ali

Shiny_Rock
We can always be contacted directly for comments, suggestions, ideas, etc. and would prefer that you do so instead posting on the boards since the forums are for public education/information.

Feel free to use the "Report Post" button to send a message at any time.
You may also use the "Msg Admin" button to contact us. We welcome any comments or suggestions you may have.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We are always looking into providing new and improved features for our community. This has definitely been on our list and is still in consideration. We are currently working on the best way to approach and maintain such a feature. Once we feel we have a good approach it will be a pleasure to make it available for everyone here. We want to continue to make Pricescope an educational, fun and safe place to be.

Andrey

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/18/2008 3:50:20 AM
Author: somehowcollide
I''ve seen something similar on The Purse Forum, they have a marketplace that only moderator approved posters could participate (and you need to have at least 500 posts to even think of pinging the moderator to ask for access)

I believe it has been successful for them, but then again I imagine that their average purchase is in the low thousands, while jewelry transactions are likely to be higher (with higher liability, risk, etc).

Of course, I haven''t been on Pricescope long enough to know the reasoning behind why such a forum doesn''t exist or if it did, why it was done away with.
what is the link to the purse forum?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just google "The Purse Forum"

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the response! Very cool....

Yeah, I can see how this is a very delicate thing to approach bc it can get messy...the next thing you know, you have people with one post that aren't really geniune and trying to pass of fakes and junk, etc....but on the other hand, there are a lot of regular posters who for sure have some nice deals to sell and trade....

Well, thanks for considering it!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i think it would work if the seller sends the item to an PS appraiser for a inspection. the appraiser then contacts the buyer giving he/she a full report. if the two parties agrees on a price then the buyer pays the seller with a cashier check,after the seller recieves the money the seller then contacts the appraiser to ship the item to the buyer.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2008 2:12:02 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
i think it would work if the seller sends the item to an PS appraiser for a inspection. the appraiser then contacts the buyer giving he/she a full report. if the two parties agrees on a price then the buyer pays the seller with a cashier check,after the seller recieves the money the seller then contacts the appraiser to ship the item to the buyer.
Going through an appraiser is a great idea. On another website/forum I post on, we do trades/selling and I've done quite a few of those transactions and have had good luck so far. Many members have had items stolen (and we're talking little stuff, like $10 items - which is just perplexing) so a middle man is necessary. On that site, the owners created databases for trades, but will not let members discuss trades in threads because they do not want liability. That mainly is where the problems could begin! PS needs to be sure not to be liable if fraud/theft is involved.

Also, in addition, by having a middle man, the addresses of both the parties are not revealed. Many would feel awkward having a person know personal information.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2008 2:12:02 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
I think that''s a great idea!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i wouldn''t mind buying a diamond from another PS member if everything matches according to the lab report. we need independant appraisers like Richard,Neil or Dave to be the middle man,for a fee of course.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure if an appraiser is going to want to be essentially an escrow agent..but maybe so DF....it depends if they want to be troubled with a mess like this for a pretty small fee...maybe... :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results