shape
carat
color
clarity

Selling my Amazing Leons

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everybody!!! MissyDebby here!

I'm selling 3 of my Leon rings. Or rather, I'm having my friend sell them for me. You can find her on Instagram at
gildedlane
www.instagram.com/gildedlane

Last night she posted my 3 stone at //www.instagram.com/p/BxbUJPHnxS5/
and I believe tonight she is gonna make a post for the solitaire with frenchies and band.

I have always been a fan of high color crisp stones and Leon's timeless porportions and craftmanship. If you love that too, go check it out!

The 1st is a GIA greenish yellow .60 center oval with bright green florescence snuggled in between two .30 D ovals in platinum

green flor.jpg

The second is my engagement ring of amazingness: center stone is a 1.01 E VS2 antique cushion, side stones 6 french cut each side in platinum

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

Third is my Leon band... called the Antique Calibre band or Megasaurus

r4107_1-0335_wx.jpg

GildedLane has the ring and all the information. Please contact her for sizes, size ability, prices.

Many thanks! -Debs

AV_

Ideal_Rock

EC8

Shiny_Rock
Hi, can you provide details on the eternity band?

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You may want to post the details here yourself, or post the link to GildedLane’s listing as soon as she posts it. As of right now I haven’t been able to find the French cut band. You may have more interest if potential buyers new the stats, price, etc.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You may want to post the details here yourself, or post the link to GildedLane’s listing as soon as she posts it. As of right now I haven’t been able to find the French cut band. You may have more interest if potential buyers new the stats, price, etc.

Agreed. Sellers who market mainly on Instagram, I think, underappreciate how much of a hassle they make it to find out the price of items by having to constantly DM them or ask for a DM from them. I realize they think it gives them more of a chance to do a harder sell, therefore increasing their chances for a sale, but in reality they drive away even more potential buyers that are unwilling to go through all that hassle. I can't tell you how many times I've been really interested in an item, but if I have to go through all that just to find out something as basic as the price, I just won't. I always move on. Case in point: @missydebby's lovely antique cushion, which immediately caught my eye in a serious way and I wanted to know more about, but when I went to Instagram and found that I had to go through DM to find out pretty much anything, the door shut in my mind.

EDIT: @missydebby, this is not a criticism of you at all. This is aimed at the Instagram marketers such as GildedLane and various others. They often have lovely things and I would otherwise love to give them my business, but I won't if they make it that tough.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad I am not the only one who thinks it's irritating. Why do some vendors not post the prices? I HATE having to call or email. It's not just IG sellers either. VC comes to mind. I think sellers lose business by not posting prices.

@missydebby, this isn't directed at you at all! Just a bitty vent!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I actually hesitate to ask because I wonder how much it bugs sellers, especially when I’ve asked before and not bought. You hate to get labeled as the perennial window shopper who will never be serious.

prinsad

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I actually hesitate to ask because I wonder how much it bugs sellers, especially when I’ve asked before and not bought. You hate to get labeled as the perennial window shopper who will never be serious.
This!!! But for everyone, it looks like gildedlane posted the prices! And I think they are really good prices too!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I really hesitate to post this, but wasn't the ring with the yellow diamond available through Love Affair Diamonds for a price that was a good bit lower before? I could be wrong, but I seem to remember it, because I liked it and looked at it.

I hate having to DM for prices though too.

joelly

Ideal_Rock

Buying online is difficult enough without being labeled. I’m blessed to have met and dealt with very few helpful vendors. Plus I know I can always rely on the Psers.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don’t have an Instagram account even tho I am plenty interested in the megesaurus. Sigh.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are correct @elizat.

The reality is that there are thousands of PSers who may view a preloved listing, and a good number of those viewers may well take note of pricing history. And significant changes - upward or downward - are likely to be highlighted here, so @elizat don't feel you've erred in doing so.

Last edited:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
When it says dm for price, I scroll on by

Yes, me too. It’s a cover for unpleasant/unethical practices, as well as being off putting for many people.

I sent a DM to a vendor (not often mentioned on PS) who was selling a necklace she’d just found at an antique fair. The price she quoted was ludicrous (two/three thousands over what I was expecting) so I didn’t take it any further - I did query the price and suggest comparables that were openly priced at much less. She then messaged me a few days later to say she’d been confused, had quoted the wrong price to me and it was actually much less. I didn’t buy it as the process had left such bad taste, especially after I’d queried the original price and she’d attempted to justify it (so less ‘confusion’ and more ‘second hand car dealer practice’ me thinks). She then listed it on her site for a few hundred less than the second price she’d quoted!

It was clearly a blatant profiteering attempt. We’ve all got to eat, but shouldn’t treat others as mugs in the process! So never again would I DM for a price.

A long-winded way to say, if you want my money have the transparency to quote the price for all to see. That way we’re all working together to create an ethical, fair market, rather than a shady, grubby one.

Apologies for the threadjack. Maybe the mods can move these posts into a new thread. That way any IG sellers that view the site can see how many people they put off by not posting prices transparently, and the preloved thread isn’t derailed.

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not everyone is on IG, I am one of those people. So the DM for price is an instant "not going to buy". It would be much more helpful to list the price AND provide a website or means of contact outside of IG but it's cool I still have Etsy and RubyLane :cool2:

Clunkygirl

Shiny_Rock
That's why I love Loupetroop and Diamond Bistro!

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yes, me too. It’s a cover for unpleasant/unethical practices, as well as being off putting for many people.

I sent a DM to a vendor (not often mentioned on PS) who was selling a necklace she’d just found at an antique fair. The price she quoted was ludicrous (two/three thousands over what I was expecting) so I didn’t take it any further - I did query the price and suggest comparables that were openly priced at much less. She then messaged me a few days later to say she’d been confused, had quoted the wrong price to me and it was actually much less. I didn’t buy it as the process had left such bad taste, especially after I’d queried the original price and she’d attempted to justify it (so less ‘confusion’ and more ‘second hand car dealer practice’ me thinks). She then listed it on her site for a few hundred less than the second price she’d quoted!

It was clearly a blatant profiteering attempt. We’ve all got to eat, but shouldn’t treat others as mugs in the process! So never again would I DM for a price.

A long-winded way to say, if you want my money have the transparency to quote the price for all to see. That way we’re all working together to create an ethical, fair market, rather than a shady, grubby one.

Apologies for the threadjack. Maybe the mods can move these posts into a new thread. That way any IG sellers that view the site can see how many people they put off by not posting prices transparently, and the preloved thread isn’t derailed.

Yeah I agree, i once had a really odd, kind of rude interaction with a vendor on IG. i asked him for a price and a size of a gemstone. he gave me a size and a price and i said i would think on it. then he came back and said that the size was actually smaller, about 2mm smaller, but the price stayed the same. i told him that i was no longer interested, because it was the size that he originally listed that drew me. and he got kind of... argumentative? like telling me "this is a REALLY GOOD price and you wont find anything this color, this price, this size" like okay? i just said i am not interested. it was bizarre and i've not dealt with IG sellers since then.

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
Just adding that I also will not DM for items with no price listed.
Maybe I am out of touch and older , but just list a price and state if it is firm or if you accept offers.
If there is no price--I never pursue the item. I can afford anything but I abhor wasting time.
Give me a ball park and I will inquire or not.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes, this. And sonetines I will peruse a site and check on things for months/years before I decide to buy. Impossible to do if you have to ping the seller every time.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post here since I'm trade, but I'm the one selling Debbie's rings for her. Debbie is one of my dearest friends so I'm helping her out with the sales. I'm sorry if it's caused confusion. I'll post them on LT too. I typically don't because I personally want to keep LT open to just PSers reselling and feel weird posting anything GildedLane, but since this is for Debbie I shouldn't feel so bad about it so you're all right - I'll post on LT too. (Sorry to the mods if this isn't allowed)

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post here since I'm trade, but I'm the one selling Debbie's rings for her. Debbie is one of my dearest friends so I'm helping her out with the sales. I'm sorry if it's caused confusion. I'll post them on LT too. I typically don't because I personally want to keep LT open to just PSers reselling and feel weird posting anything GildedLane, but since this is for Debbie I shouldn't feel so bad about it so you're all right - I'll post on LT too. (Sorry to the mods if this isn't allowed)
The more the merrier on LT if you ask me.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So is the eternity not on the market at all or??

JmeeMrie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I agree with all of the above, I have asked a few times and how hard would it be to post details like size , price etc..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results