shape
carat
color
clarity

Selling 2.01 ct Pear Diamond and Platinum Engagement Ring

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, I've been more of a lurker here than a poster, admiring everyone's beautiful jewelry. I'm selling off some of my right hand rings to fund a new project. The pear is 2.01 cts and is GIA certified. It has approximately .40 cts in baguette diamonds. The pear does not fluoresce, but the right baguette has slight to medium fluorescence. It's currently listed on Loupe Troop and Diamond Bistro. I'm DAF here and DiamondsAreForever on ColoredDiamond.info.

img_1951.jpg

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Re: Selling 2.01 ct Pear Diamond and Platinum Engagement Rin

Pretty diamond.

Post the links from DB and LT so people can find it.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, very pretty. Here is hoping it sells quickly!

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Wow, had my first scammer already on this. Wanted me to send money to their insurance agent on their behalf so that they could insure it. Naturally, they would add the money to what they would send me through PayPal.

Since I'm new to selling large ticket items, can someone who has had experience selling on LT and DB offer some pointers for communication and payment methods?

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

If using paypal, ship to confirmed address only.

If you get an email saying payment has been sent, don't use the link to verify. Type www.paypal.com into your browser, so you know you're going to the actual paypal site.

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thanks for that PayPal reminder. I chose to not respond to the email and I removed my email address from the listing. They'll have to contact me via the radio button provided by the site. I had only included my email because I had seen in the past that there were emailing difficulties when using the site's "contact seller" button.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DAF|1455646887|3991657 said:
Wow, had my first scammer already on this. Wanted me to send money to their insurance agent on their behalf so that they could insure it. Naturally, they would add the money to what they would send me through PayPal.

Since I'm new to selling large ticket items, can someone who has had experience selling on LT and DB offer some pointers for communication and payment methods?

Wow, let me get this straight...you are trying to sell a ring but they want YOU to send THEM money? Seriously :evil: :oops: :evil: :angryfire:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

DAF|1455646887|3991657 said:

Unbelievable!!! I can't believe they would ask you to send money! How crazy is that!?! :angryfire: I'm glad you realized something was amiss. :doh:

Btw, your ring is very pretty! :appl:

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Yes, it was quite ridiculous. I guess they didn't realize that insurance would be my responsibility until it was hand-delivered to them. Anyway, I did a search for "Haley Pokorny scam" and found some CraigsList and PayPal scam stuff. I was sooooo excited when I first saw the email and I actually thought I sold the ring.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DAF|1456233672|3994367 said:
Yes, it was quite ridiculous. I guess they didn't realize that insurance would be my responsibility until it was hand-delivered to them. Anyway, I did a search for "Haley Pokorny scam" and found some CraigsList and PayPal scam stuff. I was sooooo excited when I first saw the email and I actually thought I sold the ring.

DAF: Is Haley Pokorny the name used by the scammer, or is that the name of a type of scam?

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

It's the name being used by the scammer. Here are some links:

https://www.facebook.com/Craigslist-list-of-scammers-info-1481202375479676/
It's the last entry for October 2014

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-702-753-5322
Another scam using that name

http://www.yourittoday.com/scammer_profile_data/profile_data1008000/1008545.html
This is probably the original of the one just above it.

http://dncl.website/phone/702-753-5322
Another one

What a joke!

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Price reduced by $ 500.00!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results