shape
carat
color
clarity

Secret stash...Do you have money stashed away from your SO?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My grandmother used to call this a "running away purse" & advised every woman to have one :lol:

We have a joint bank account that both of our salaries get paid into, then we each have a direct debit into our pocket money accounts, that is ours to spend as we will. Mr T doesn't ever spend his, but I took number one daughter on a shopping spree yesterday with mine.

I don't worry about it. Mr T has opened several investment accounts in my name that I have full access too, so if push came to shove, I'd be fine.

But today is our 14th Wedding Anniversary & we are still pigs in poop, still weird & still very much together ❤

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My grandmother used to call this a "running away purse" & advised every woman to have one :lol:

We have a joint bank account that both of our salaries get paid into, then we each have a direct debit into our pocket money accounts, that is ours to spend as we will. Mr T doesn't ever spend his, but I took number one daughter on a shopping spree yesterday with mine.

I don't worry about it. Mr T has opened several investment accounts in my name that I have full access too, so if push came to shove, I'd be fine.

But today is our 14th Wedding Anniversary & we are still pigs in poop, still weird & still very much together ❤

Happy Anniversary! Ours in next week!!! (I forgot and my BIL reminded my DH LOL)

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Anniversary! Ours in next week!!! (I forgot and my BIL reminded my DH LOL)

That's so funny!

But thank you, my darling Sharon! We walked round to our little village pub & had a scrummy dinner with the girls. Sadly I'm in school at 8am (what kind of evil Head does 8am training during Summer break???!!) for Safeguarding refresh before the children return next week, so only a couple of G&T's for me - the fancy Champers will keep until tomorrow x

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember when I was getting married, my Dad encouraged me to have a separate bank account just in case things went sour. I think he would have died if he knew my DH and I had a joint bank account less than 6 months into dating. :-o

No secret funds here. I‘m the primary caretaker of our finances. We have joint bank accounts and we talk out any purchases over a set amount. I have a separate bling fund and a couple of “secret” cash spots around the house for a rainy day. DH knows about both. He likes to call me a squirrel because I store cash away.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No secret funds here. I‘m the primary caretaker of our finances. We have joint bank accounts and we talk out any purchases over a set amount. I have a separate bling fund and a couple of “secret” cash spots around the house for a rainy day. DH knows about both. He likes to call me a squirrel because I store cash away.
How can you call it a "secret stash" if he knew where it is? :lol:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How can you call it a "secret stash" if he knew where it is? :lol:

It used to be secret as in he didn’t know it existed. However, I used it to take us on a surprise trip for our 5th anniversary…so the cat‘s out of the bag so to speak. That was 10 years ago but he still refers to it as my “secret” stash. :D

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn’t but frankly I should have. :wall:I got nothing in the divorce and it was incredibly painful starting from scratch.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Nope. We're adults who trust each other. We keep our finances separate, but are highly transparent, and are each the beneficiaries of each other's accounts.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I didn’t but frankly I should have. :wall:I got nothing in the divorce and it was incredibly painful starting from scratch.

So sorry to hear this. Thankfully I got to keep my little stash but of coarse in exchange for a loss elsewhere. He wanted everything he could get. It was awful. Keep moving forward and not looking back.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He has money I can't touch. I have money he can't touch. it works.

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
No stash here. Although I keep hoping to find a pile of money I've secretly hidden and forgotten about. Very unlikely since I've probably spent the money before I could stash it. Hmmm, maybe I need to have a stash from myself! Not too long ago I did find $20 in a jacket that I haven't worn in a few years, so that was a nice surprise (and who knows what happened to that since I don't remember spending it).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's so funny!

But thank you, my darling Sharon! We walked round to our little village pub & had a scrummy dinner with the girls. Sadly I'm in school at 8am (what kind of evil Head does 8am training during Summer break???!!) for Safeguarding refresh before the children return next week, so only a couple of G&T's for me - the fancy Champers will keep until tomorrow x

Hello lovely: please tell me what you all ate for your scrummy supper. I know this seems nosey but I love to see what people order to eat. Is the food in your local pub known for certain dishes? I love "homemade" food.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovely: please tell me what you all ate for your scrummy supper. I know this seems nosey but I love to see what people order to eat. Is the food in your local pub known for certain dishes? I love "homemade" food.

Our little local pub (our village is too tiny for even a shop - it's farmland, a cluster of houses & the pub) is amazing. People travel far & wide to visit. It is 200 years old & now owned by 5 of the villagers & the most important thing was an amazing Chef. People won't visit if your food is bad. That guy gets paid more than the owners :lol:

The menu is limited because he only makes 10 main courses, all made by hand on the site, but he makes them WELL. I won't list what we all had, but I had a homemade chicken, bacon & mushroom pie in a hot crust, crispy pastry, with chunky chips (fries) & a gravy made with the dripping & juices he saves from roasting beef on Sundays. The pie was full of chunks of delicious, lean meat, carrots & potatoes. The gravy could be a dish all by itself.

I also had sticky toffee pudding with homemade vanilla custard.

I am SO desperate to stay in this little world of loveliness, but I know a move to the dream home means a different village. But we won't be too far away due to the girls' schools, and we will be welcomed with open arms to eat or drink here anytime.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our little local pub (our village is too tiny for even a shop - it's farmland, a cluster of houses & the pub) is amazing. People travel far & wide to visit. It is 200 years old & now owned by 5 of the villagers & the most important thing was an amazing Chef. People won't visit if your food is bad. That guy gets paid more than the owners :lol:

The menu is limited because he only makes 10 main courses, all made by hand on the site, but he makes them WELL. I won't list what we all had, but I had a homemade chicken, bacon & mushroom pie in a hot crust, crispy pastry, with chunky chips (fries) & a gravy made with the dripping & juices he saves from roasting beef on Sundays. The pie was full of chunks of delicious, lean meat, carrots & potatoes. The gravy could be a dish all by itself.

I also had sticky toffee pudding with homemade vanilla custard.

I am SO desperate to stay in this little world of loveliness, but I know a move to the dream home means a different village. But we won't be too far away due to the girls' schools, and we will be welcomed with open arms to eat or drink here anytime.

OH SUPER YUM! I died. That IS MY FOOD! Thank you for sharing--but now I know my own supper was wanting!

I loved your story. I am a long way from you but I felt like I could have been there. So wonderful to have a local place that exemplifies what community means. Well, you might move, but always come "home". :wavey:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH SUPER YUM! I died. That IS MY FOOD! Thank you for sharing--but now I know my own supper was wanting!

I loved your story. I am a long way from you but I felt like I could have been there. So wonderful to have a local place that exemplifies what community means. Well, you might move, but always come "home". :wavey:

I couldn't have said that better myself. When you come to visit, I shall take you there for dinner. You just can't beat delicious homemade food in the middle of nowhere, with the horses neighing & the sun setting across the fields :kiss2:

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think like a few others I am the primary caretaker of my households finances -- mostly out of necessity as outcomes are never good unless I keep track of where all the money is.

I don't have secret stashes, instead I have piles of cash in foreign currency which he brings home from overseas bank accounts and forgets about (usually lying buried in a collection of old receipts and paper. This is a small nightmare as I don't clear our house; and some of the receipts also need reimbursing so you could be looking at an ostensible pile of trash that is worth >15 k. We used to travel almost once a month, so I actually had the forgotten piles of cash scenario going on pretty constantly. It is less fun/funny than you'd think.).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results