shape
carat
color
clarity

Secret Recipes

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Every year I make this cake that is generations old in my family and it''s really kinda a weird cake and this year during all of my birthday weirdoness I decided to try to turn it into a layer cake. So I made one and took it to that coffee meeting I mentioned before, and I had at least a dozen people come up to me and beg for the recipe. I was taken aback! I also have always thought secret recipes were silly but suddenly I felt like this weird family cake that I never shared with anyone before was something I needed to protect!

I don''t think I''m going to keep it secret but I did kinda brush it off at the time - I did tell one woman I wouldn''t give it to her until she came and made tamales with me!!! haha RANSOM!! EXTORTION!! hahahahaha :D If anyone comes up to me again for it I''ll give it out. But I don''t know what to call it - it''s called "fruit cake" on the card but it''s not "Fruit Cake" as in the loaf thing... this is mega moist and super tender and doesn''t have those weird things in it.

I also have a secret ingredient for potato salad I got from a caterer once (a friend of my mom''s who catered her funeral) and I''ll share that right now! Sprinkle a little ranch dressing powder in... not a whole packet, just to taste. Yummo! I made some potato salad last week also and got to the end and realized I don''t have any ranch packets!!! And the USA is too far to go to get some lol Booo!!!! I had to wing it from my spice cupboard!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results