shape
carat
color
clarity

Secret Proposal: Part 1 of 2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

babycush

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I am happy to say that I am typing this post with a ring on my finger!! We are not ready to come out to our friends and family with the news (I needed to let the LIW know though!), as we are waiting for him to ask my dad and also we are getting the ring reset in a "perfect jazzy setting" as vc10um put it. FF/FI (kind of in between now!) said I will get a formal proposal after that happens, most likely around the holidays, so we are calling what happened our "Secret Proposal: Part 1 of 2."

I knew that he had bought a ring on Monday (on eBay... we got super lucky!!), and he told me it was coming either Thursday or Friday. I am always the one who checks the mail, so I was kind of disappointed yesterday and today when I saw that we just had a few letters and no packages. Today when I came home from class, we hadn''t really talked since Wednesday night since he had a weird work schedule this week. So we were just snuggling and talking, and then all of a sudden he pulled out the ring box! I of course started crying. He said "I am going to marry you." No question, just a statement. We both found that pretty funny and laughed for a while. It turns out that the ring came in the mail yesterday while I was at school, so he took the box out of our mailbox and left the letters in there to fool me! It totally worked, and he was especially psyched because it I am an extremely difficult person to surprise.

I decided to wait to wear the ring until it is reset (this one afternoon excluded... it''s just so pretty!!), and we decided to keep it a secret until permission is asked and final setting purchased. So I guess you could say we have a secret engagement. So old-school
5.gif

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!
36.gif

I hope you enjoy this time when it''s just about the two of you before all the hoopla of it being everyone''s bisness.

And you get two proposals, so lucky you!

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
Aw, I''m glad he was able to surprise you! Good job FI/FF! ;]
Congrats!
And, I wouldn''t mind seeing a picture of said ring.. *wink, wink*.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Oh yay babycush!!!
36.gif
I''m so glad you got surprised!!! Well done on your FF/FI''s part!!!

And I can''t wait to see the sparkly when you find that perfect jazzy setting!!!
2.gif
Though a couple in it''s temporary home couldn''t hurt
31.gif
31.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement!! I''m so happy for you!!

fuzzers

Shiny_Rock
That''s so sweet! Congrats!

babycush

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/20/2009 3:28:54 PM
Author: 4ever

I hope you enjoy this time when it''s just about the two of you before all the hoopla of it being everyone''s bisness.

That''s another reason we want to keep it quiet for a little while!

Ok, here are some pics (please excuse the gross fingernails)! It''s a 0.33 ct, G SI1 and it sparkles like crazy! I can''t wait to get it into its final setting, possibly this weekend. I am leaning towards a bezel setting, with or without a halo (depending on price). I need something that sits flat on my finger because I just know this prong setting will get caught on everything.

DSC_0500.JPG

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Aw, that''s awesome
36.gif
Can''t wait to see the final product!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Congratualtions babycush!!

Your diamond looks very elegant on your hand.

You have a darling man - I''m glad he was all sneaky and surprised you.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Oh yay!!! It''s such a lovely diamond! I know it will take well to whatever setting you choose!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats to you and your FF/FI!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!!

babycush

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Today we took a trip to the BB&B near us to check out their blowout sale. Let me tell you, it was AMAZING. We found an absolutely gorgeous setting that I am totally in love with, but is not what I would have originally picked... bezel-shmezel! This one had two round diamonds on either side of the center, and there was pave halfway down the shank, in platinum. Basically it''s a fancy three-stone look. This was also the first setting that FF/FI has had a strong "wow" reaction to. Usually he''s like "oh that''s nice" so it felt extra special for him to love it too! The most incredible part? $485. Yes, read it again. $485. Platinum setting, probably 0.3 ct of diamonds in it. All I can say is THANK YOU FOR GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!!
31.gif
31.gif

The only problem is...

FF/FI is what I like to call a "slow buyer." If something costs him a reasonable amount of money, he needs some time to think about the purchase. We are going back to the store next week, and if it is still there (fingers and toes and everything else crossed!!) then he''s buying it, or else I might just whip out my own credit card!! I kid, but maybe not.

Skychick

Rough_Rock
Congrats!!!!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! And good luck with that setting...I hope it''s still there next week! (Or maybe it''s your boyfrend''s way of psyching you out again, who knows?)

babycush

Shiny_Rock
Trade
We just got back from buying the setting. Here it is in all its glory! Both the original ring and the setting have now been hidden away, to be reset and resized in secret by M. Yay!!

ring0419.JPG

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful setting choice! It''s similar to my setting (with the stones onn each side and then the pave) .

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic setting!

Very dainty and eligant. Your stone will look marvelous in it''s new home.

I hope the sizing and setting is finished soon!!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yippee, I'm so glad the setting was still there, it was meant to be yours! It's stunning, and what a great price! Can't wait to see the final product, you must be SO excited!!! Heck, I'M excited!!
9.gif
36.gif
9.gif
36.gif

babycush

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/6/2009 12:31:04 AM
Author: DandiAndi
It''s stunning, and what a great price!

I forgot to mention... it had gone down another $100 in the time we were away from it!! $380 for 0.3 ct in platinum... once in a lifetime deal!
22.gif

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
I jsut noticed this thread - SO pretty! Congrats!

I lveo the setting and can''t wait to see the ring when its done!

WHAT A DEAL YOU GUYS GOT!!!
23.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
YAY for you, babycush! SUCH a lovely setting! I''m glad no one else snatched it up!!!

So happy you found your jazzy setting! Your BB&B must have been nicer than mine. I went in browsing the other day and not a single sales person gave me the time of day, even though there were definitely a few pieces I was interested in!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results