shape
carat
color
clarity

Secret Admirer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
So my boyfriend recevied an anonymous email from Jane Doe. It says something along the lines of "I know you don''t know who this is, but I was wondering if you are in a relationship now." He dug into the email encryption a little and the email is only1guess through the gmail provider.

Does anybody know how to find out if this is spam or a real request? I think it''s awesome, mixed with a little curiosity and a healthy dose of jealousy
2.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would just delete it. At best it''s spam, at worst it''s a stalker.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I''d delete it. I dont know if it is spam or real... but it''s creepy not cool. I''d chalk it up to a little ego boost, and hit delete. Besides, he has you... and this girl OR BOY could be totally yuky!
emotion-41.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, delete it. If whoever it is wants to be less creepy, they can at least say something to prove they actually know your BF.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eh, sounds like spam, I wouldn''t worry about it. I get stuff like that in my gmail account all the time from other gmail addresses. Most of it goes straight to my spam box but every once in a while it pops up in my inbox.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like spam. Don''t go looking for things you don''t want to find. Delete it and move on.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Yup - sounds like spam. My BF has received stuff like that, too. But, it did make me do a double-take at first!

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 12:39:16 PM
Author: Madam Bijoux
DITTO!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Did it mention your BF by name?

Does his name appear in his e-mail address?

I would venture that if the first is true then so is the second. It sounds like spam.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve gotten similar emails before. It''s spam.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 12:39:16 PM
Author: Madam Bijoux
Agree!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have received emails like that in my yahoo account. It is always spam.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I agree that it''s spam. Don''t respond...they are looking to see if it''s a real email address and that confirms it if there is a response, so just delete it.
1.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
in this day of facebook et al, it''s easy enough to discreetly ask around, I would think, to find out this information, so I agree with everyone else that it seems strange.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that it''s spam too. I''ve received similar emails to that before.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Definitely spam, agree with the others - delete it.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Funny enough, our IT expert took a look at it and it''s not spam. Says it''s a local account. Now bf is convinced that I sent it just to keep him on his toes. We''re having a good laugh about it, but it''d be a whole lot funnier if I *were* the one who sent it. We agree, if we wanted to find out the status of someone, an anonymous email is about the last resort.

Oh well. He''s not going to respond and it makes for some good jokes.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I have never gotten a email like this before...only thing I get is for male enhancements...
20.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 11:35:14 PM
Author: mochi
I have never gotten a email like this before...only thing I get is for male enhancements...
20.gif

ha ha ha ha ha ha Mochi.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 11:35:14 PM
Author: mochi
20.gif
ROFL! I get these too! I tell you, if I was a man, I'd consider them a personal attack or something
9.gif

Oh, and I get these emails that notify me I've won one million ($, not enhancements! lol)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, sounds like a spamster.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
That is strange. If it were real it is creepy.

It would not hurt to be vigilant for a while. Some folks are one whisker short of a kitten.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it is real, sounds like a very creepy person is on the other end and I would completely ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results