shape
carat
color
clarity

Second thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

v!v!

Shiny_Rock
Ok, so some of you might remember that I thought I had found the bridesmaids dresses for my girls. Now I''m having second thoughts and I''m leaning towards this dress. I know that all the bridesmaids (and me) were kind of leaning towards this one in the first place, but the designer didn''t make it in the color I thought I wanted. Now I''m thinking that I''d love to have chocolate colored bridesmaid dresses. What do you guys think?

img0_chocolate.jpg

v!v!

Shiny_Rock
And here''s the first bridesmaid dress that I posted about:

stefanibmdress1.JPG

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Hi there! Let''s see. You haven''t already ordered the other dresses, right? If not, then I say go for it. I accidentally read what you said as chocolate covered bridesmaids. I must be hungry.

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the "new" dress!

v!v!

Shiny_Rock
sarahlovesjs, the part about chocolate covered bridesmaids made me laugh! :) i''m pretty hungry too. i haven''t ordered the dresses yet...

thanks nclrgirl!

when i told my mom that i''d like to do chocolate as the color she said it wouldn''t go with the black tuxes, but it totally does! i spent a good two hours browsing through weddings where bridesmaids wore brown and the groomsmen wore black and it looks so pretty!

LegalGal

Rough_Rock
Personally, I prefer the first dress that you posted about. I LOVE the style of that one and it''s not something that I''ve seen for bridesmaids before so I like how it is more unique. The second dress is pretty and I really like the chocolate brown color, but I''m not crazy about the bottom of it. Just my opinion of course!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the original dress better, personally. But if the color isn''t there... then what are you going to do. I wouldn''t do a big poofy pick up skirt dress for them though, personally. I''d pick something more tailored and universally flattering like the original dress.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
If there is still time, I would go with the new one.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I think the new ones are a bad idea. They are SO close in style to your own dress that you would not stand out and frankly it seems a little wierd to have them look so much alike.
A definite vote for the copper dresses.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I would rather wear the first dress, but it just fits more with what I feel comfortable in.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I''m just happy that the topic of your thread is in reference to BM dresses and NOT the entire wedding. For a second there I was like, "Oh No!"

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2008 7:57:26 PM
Author: Gypsy
I like the original dress better, personally. But if the color isn''t there... then what are you going to do. I wouldn''t do a big poofy pick up skirt dress for them though, personally. I''d pick something more tailored and universally flattering like the original dress.

Ditto.

Neveah

Shiny_Rock
Honest opinions right?

The first dress you wanted, I LOVE it! I actually found this after I had already ordered my BM dresses. I would have loved to have them wear that dress! I couldn''t change it. Bummer for me.

My advice to you is to really think about the latest dress you chose. Pick ups are a trend and will be "dated" by next year. If that doesn''t bother you and you like it better I say go for it!! I was just thinking of all the 80''s brides who chose the "puffy sleeves stuffed with tissue" that cringe when they look at their wedding pictures! My Aunt does!

Good Luck!
21.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I prefer the original dress also-I think that it''s beautiful and classic. The pick up skirt of the new dress I''m not fond of at all.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results