shape
carat
color
clarity

Second hand jewelry

Razz

Rough_Rock
Would you suggest buying 'pre-loved' jewelry if it's not for a wedding? I am looking for a special ring for everyday wear, and I'm wondering if I should look for a second hand stone. What are your suggestions?

Luxxy

Rough_Rock
I'm not an expert, but judging from all the great advice that I have gotten on this forum over the past couple of months, I'd say go with what you love, whether it's new or pre-loved. If it looks and feels good to you, then you can't go wrong.

tionnasmith

Rough_Rock
Second hand jewelry is not granted so i suggest you to buy new one what you love.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
My wedding band is a vintage estate piece so obviously I don't have an issue with it for any case really. My engagement main stone belonged to my husband's grandmother... I am all about 2nd hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most of my jewellery is second hand! I'm much happier getting value for my money ie no extra retail markup, no taxes and buying pre loved. Nothing wrong with it. I can get two pieces pre loved for the price of 1 brand new. I don't need a fancy box or a carry bag to make me happy! And then if I decide to sell it because I want a different style, I don't lose an extra heap of money. The person who bought it new took that hit!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course, some of my favorite piece are second-hand pieces I found!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have a problem buying preloved. I got my friend her new engagement ring at an auction. Got it for a great price, she got an excellent appraisal on it so was very happy with it.

jadesilver

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Second hand is of really good value, I’d definitely buy secondhand if it’s a piece/stone you love. I have some vintage rings and they are really cheap on Etsy, I search “vintage estate ring” or “Estate ruby ring” and driftwoodstorm is one of my favorite sellers!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results