shape
carat
color
clarity

Second fitting!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
I have been feeling so much doubt about my dress, but after my fitting tonight I have absolutely none!! It looks so great now that it actually fits! The wedding isn''t until 8/9/08, but I went ahead and had most of the alterations done now since I''m moving out of the NYC area. I''ll have the final fittings in Calgary (after I hopefully lose about 5 pounds!)

Here it is...!!

Fitting 3 001 resized.jpg

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! How exciting and it looks fabulous on you...mind if I ask where you want to lose 5 pounds from? You look fab right now!

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
There will be crystal buttons and button loops down the back when I go back for my next fitting, so you won''t be able to see the zipper so much...
She also pinned it up to show what the bustle will look like, I really like it pinned up to the line of the dress on the back. Yay!!!

Fitting 3 003 resized.jpg

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
ang, thanks!! The side view with bustle...(this is where you can see the little pooch I want to lose!!)

Fitting 3 002 resized.jpg

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the birdcage veil she had sitting around. I''m really leaning toward a birdcage so I wanted to take some pics of it and get some opinions...I wouldn''t want the chenille dots, and I would want it to come down just to the tip of my nose, more like this one but what do you guys think of a birdcage with this dress?

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
it would help to attach the pic
19.gif

Fitting 3 005 resized.jpg

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Last pic...full shot of dress with birdcage...thanks for looking!!!
36.gif

Fitting 3 006 resized.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
The dress looks great on you! I like the birdcage veil with it, personally. It goes with the vintagey vibe the dress has.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your dress! I like the subtle bustling you''ve chosen... it''s like a stealth bustle! I think those crystal buttons will be a nice touch too... don''t forget to show us the finished product!

SeattleSweetheart

Shiny_Rock
Love your dress! You are going to be a beautiful bride! Congratulations!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
karasue,

I think your dress has turned out just beautifully! I agree the birdcage looks great, but think you are right to have one that stops at your nose...the one you have on looks just a bit too long for my liking.

Congratulations on your beautiful gown!
36.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
You look stunning and happy Karasue, just as a bride should! Congrats
2.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
You look amazing in your dress! And I adore your birdcage!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
You look stunning in that dress! The birdcage veil is perfect.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
The dress is just gorgeous on you!

your bird cage viel tries it in all nicely! I love it!

Where did you purchase your bird cage viel?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2007 8:15:15 PM
Author: karasue91
ang, thanks!! The side view with bustle...(this is where you can see the little pooch I want to lose!!)

Okay, you are already gorgeous. Just put a spanx on under that puppy, and you will look like a gazillion dollars!

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone!!! I''ll definitely get a different veil - Mustang I didn''t buy that veil, it was just one that my seamstress had made for someone else and I wanted to try it on to see how a birdcage would look with the dress.

One good site I found was this: http://www.artikal.com/bridal.htm

I remember seeing a girl who had a super cute birdcage made out of vintage fabric. She posted the website, but I can''t remember which forum I saw her on!! Brides, wedding bells, knot...they all run together after a little while!

chinglish

Rough_Rock
looooooving the birdcage veil, it really completes the look!! you definitely shouldn't have any more second thoughts!

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
oooh forgot to post the shoes!! Won them on ebay for $47!!

shoes!!.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

You look beautiful! Who will you use in Calgary for alterations?

cheers--Sharon

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 5:51:43 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

cheers--Sharon

Are you in Calgary too??? I''m moving in a month!!

I''ve gotten a couple of recommendations from girls on weddingbells.ca, first was Bik''s on 17th Ave, and then Natalia at Bellezza Bridal. I think I''ll probably give Natalia a call when the wedding gets closer.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
It''s so beautiful! You look so ephemeral! love it! and seriously, just try a spanx. I can''t see a pooch without you pointing it out!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/21/2007 5:57:11 PM
Author: karasue91

Date: 11/21/2007 5:51:43 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

cheers--Sharon

Are you in Calgary too??? I''m moving in a month!!

I''ve gotten a couple of recommendations from girls on weddingbells.ca, first was Bik''s on 17th Ave, and then Natalia at Bellezza Bridal. I think I''ll probably give Natalia a call when the wedding gets closer.
HI:

Yup! So, you''ll be here in time for Christmas? Cool. Glad you have recommendations from girls in the know..it''s been a few years since I shopped for bridal wear and last time I was in Ethos (also on 17th ave) I was looking for a wrap....

cheers--Sharon

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Karasue, I love your dress and the shoes you''ve won! Your dress is beautiful. I don''t think I''ve seen it before. I also love the birdcage veil. Gorgeous, just gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results