shape
carat
color
clarity

Second Fitting Pics!

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Finally the dress is starting to look like it fits me! Although the seamstress insisted that I had lost weight (not possible, I've been living on Chipotle, coffee and stress the last month) so the sides are still a little large and are pinned in all of these photos. She had the dress bustled when I tried it on, but when it's unbustled it has a short sweep train. I went with a bustle that folds up under the back (not sure what this is called, french?) and so when it's bustled you can't tell the train is even there.

I'm in love with the crumb-catcher neckline on the front and the back. I was attracted to the look of it when I chose the dress, but as I've tried it on for my fittings I've realized another benefit - it hides my blorpy back and armpit fat. Woot.

The style is Alvina Valenta 9954 in "Vanilla" and the fabric is silk shantung.

sndfitside258.jpg

sndfitfront963.jpg

sndfitback741.jpg

sndfitfull654.jpg

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
wow, ts! What a beautiful dress! You have a great figure!

You weren't at Catan's yesterday, were you?

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
It looks like it was made for you! The dress is gorgeous and looks fabulous on you.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Wow ts! It looks great on you, and that bustle really does look like there's no extra fabric hiding in there at all.

skye425

Rough_Rock
Wow, I LOVE that dress! It is so simple and yet so flattering. You look amazing.

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
What a cool dress! The shape is so flattering on you. You look great!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
your dress is gorg! love that neckline & shape on you!

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for the kind compliments! FI is just happy it has a zipper instead of a corset or buttons. :lol: I can't wait to get it on at my third fitting, when it's hemmed and finished. I'm getting married in August, and this dress is light as a feather - it almost feels like you're not wearing anything! Highly recommended for summer brides. It has the prettiest details too, even the inner lining fabric has lace edging on it, and NOBODY would ever see it but I know it's there, and it's nice.

I am still trying to figure out the name of the bustle style though. It's not quite French, but close - all the French bustles I see there's a pouf where the bustle is pulled up and tied. Modified French? The Pat Catan's Special? ;)) Jaylex - I was not there yesterday, this appointment was a couple of weeks ago. It took my MOH that long to get them off her camera!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its really lovely...and looks like its gonna fit like a glove. I like all the swirled seams. Very pretty!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your dress is gorgeous! It looks really amazing on you.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
It looks gorgeous ts44 :love: it really shows off your figure!

Should Be Studying

Shiny_Rock
Stunning. So classic and clean, but fun at the same time! It looks great on you.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry but I have no clue what your bustle is called. I do love the fact that it "disappears" into your dress! Fabulous!

Haha. When I was there weds to put the deposit down and order the dress, the woman that took my measurements had to go to the couture room to go over alterations with a bride there and I thought it would be pretty funny if that bride happened to be you! lol

But your dress is beautiful! Congrats!!!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Hey you have nothing to worry about flaws-wise, you have a great figure. The dress showcases it nicely.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely dress! :appl:

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow!!! You look marvelous!!! He's gonna be blown away when he sees you walking down the aisle!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful dress, and you look stunning in it, you FI is going to be blown away when he sees you for the first time in that beauty!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
That dress is gorgeous. I'm dying to know how she did your bustle!!

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
OUpeargirl, LtlFirecracker, Luckyeshe, Tuckins1, oddoneout, jaylex, Future Mrs. Sterling, Should Be Studying, Blackpaw, bee*, tyty333, lulu66, Yssie, lucyandroger, skye425, sandyandisaac, CurlySue, thank you so much for your kind words! I do feel gorgeous in it, it certainly makes me feel more glamorous and beautiful than any article of clothing I've ever worn, which I suppose is the point of it, amirite? :bigsmile:

At my third fitting when they show me how the bustle works, I'll be sure to report back.

So I had chosen a birdcage veil to go with this dress, with a feather fascinator, but now I'm wondering if I should try a long veil instead? A long, simple tulle veil with no beading or lace, that drapes over the head and almost goes to the floor in the front and trails a little in the back? Or should I stick with the birdcage option?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results