shape
carat
color
clarity

Seattle!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!
I just posted a new topic in the Family section but I know some people don''t visit there so wanted to post here also. We just decided to go to Seattle for our honeymoon and I''m excited! I know it''s not your typical place but I think it will be perfect for us.
If you live there or have been, can you visit my thread in the other section Please!

Thanks!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
We LOVE Seattle and we hope to move there someday! I'm sure you will have a wonderful time there. May I suggest you go to the San Juan Islands if only for a night or two? We went to Orcas last summer and are considering getting married there on top of Mt. Constitution because it's just divine...If you dont get to the islands, at the very least, take the ferry to Bainbridge Island one morning and have breakfast over there. You can walk into town from the ferry landing on Bainbridge and there is a fabulous little breakfast place on the left side of the street as you get into town...A little divey looking but terrific b/fast food! Also, I recommend renting a car so you can get around more quickly. A great day or half day trip is to drive out to Snoqualamie Falls. The falls are gorgeous and the Lodge right there at the Falls is amazing...very perfect for a romantic dinner or a romantic overnight! I think it's under an hour's drive. We also enjoyed going over to the university area. And there's a quirky but lovely park - i think its called the Iron Works or something like that, on Lake Union. Lots of pipes and stuff in the ground...great view of the houseboats and a great picnic location. If funds permit, you can take a seaplane flight from Lake Union around/over the San Juan Islands which is also wonderful and romantic. Just keep asking me questions and I'll keep thinking of great things to do up there. I love Seattle! Oh, and if you're going to do Pike Place Market (and you know you are), do it during the week as the weekend is insanity there.

Oh yeah, also worth a little drive is going over to West Seattle, which is accessed by bridge and has its own charm. There's a great seafood place there, I forget the name. You can also take a day drive down to the quaint town of Olympia, or up to Pt. Townsend, which is a Victorian town.

Where are you staying? I recommend the Edgewater, right on the piers. Lovely. You can sit on your balcony and watch the ferries coming and going...Ask for a newly renovated room though...

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Surfgirl, thanks so much for the info.!!
We were thinking of going to the San Juan Islands too. In fact, I think my FI would just go there but I really want to go to Seattle too. We''ll be there for a week total. Do you think a few days in each would be best or split it a different way? Is Orcas the island that you would recommend staying at?
The Falls sound great and so does taking the ferry to Bainbridge Island. Is that stuff we would do when staying in the Seattle area (vs. the islands)?
I definitely want to go to the Pike Place Market. It looks wonderful and amazing! Since we''re leaving on a Tuesday, do you think it would be better to go to Seattle first and then stay the weekend on the Islands? That way the Seattle stuff wouldn''t be as crowded.
Visiting the towns of Olympia and Pt. Townsend sound fun. That''s the sort of thing I love to do. I know my FI doesn''t want too much activity during the week but it seems like there is so much to do. I knew nothing about Seattle until I started researching it recently (thanks to a fellow PSer) and now it just sounds great.

I have no idea where we are staying and will look into the Edgewater.

Thank you so much for your help!!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dixie -

Seattle native - see my reply in the other Family section. You''''ll love coming to Seattle for your honeymoon.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Dixie, you could go to Bainbridge for b/fast, then go back into Seattle and drive to the Falls in the afternoon. Both can be worked into one day, IMO.

As for the islands...it depends on what you''re into. If you prefer very earthy, organic, not much to do but enjoy nature, then I''d recommend Orcas. If you prefer a more social environment, with more shopping and restaurant options, then I''d suggest Friday Harbor. You could totally do 3 days in Seattle and 3 on an island to have a nice mix.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
SDL and Rainwood, thank you for your post on the other thread. I''m heading that way shortly!

Surfgirl, thanks! Hmmm, still not sure about which island but I do like the idea of 3-4 days in each. Then both my FI and I get what we want.

I have so many ideas now that I need to make a list and start planning! I''m excited!

Any suggestions on where to stay on any of the islands?

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Depends on your budget for lodging. Search for Orcas Lodging and San Juan Islands Lodging and you should get a big list for both. Or get a book at the store and check out all the options!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, Dixie, on booking your honeymoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is a fantastic feeling :)

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Surfgirl, I checked out the islands and there seems to be a good variety of places to stay. I don''t think we''ll have a problem finding something and hopefully it will fit into our budget!

So Happy, thanks! It does feel good and FI bought the tickets this weekend. I''m so excited and ready to go NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results