shape
carat
color
clarity

Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

thegreattriscuit

Rough_Rock
hmmm... Trying to pin down a good location for a proposal here in the seattle area... This is going to be in march... I keep hearing about the various water fronts as being good places... and I certainly intent to take her to one of them but am leary of going for an actual proposal there, given the iffy weather...

Originally I was thinking of sticking to a relatively simple affair, especially given our currently long-distance situation (generally speaking, we make big plans for our visits, and never follow through because generally speaking, time spent getting ready, driving, waiting around, eating, getting lost in downtown seattle on the way back, etc... is time NOT spent cuddling... :razz:). But the more I think about it, I wonder if it''ll look like I just didn''t bother to arrange something more elaborate.... should I be worried here at all?

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
There are a lot of beautiful places in Seattle, and yes, many of them are on the various waterfronts, whether that''s Lake Washington, Lake Union, or Puget Sound.

Having said that, it is cold, cloudly and just plain icky here during most of March, so I think you are smart in not planning something outside.

However I don''t think someone will care if a proposal is elaborate as long as it is thoughtful. Just think about the things that she likes and that you enjoy together and try to incorporate that. If the best thing about being in Seattle to you both is just being with eachother, then a nice quiet proposal might be just the right thing.

If you decide you do want to do something involving the city, there are a lot of fantastic restaurants that could involve the beauty of Seattle''s water views, there is also a very cool butterfly room at the Pacific Science Center that could be fun (and is the most tropical place in the city during the winter.)

Again, as long as it is thoughtful and heart-felt, I don''t think you can go wrong . Plus, if you are making the gesture to travel to her in the first place, that''s a pretty nice gesture in itself.

thegreattriscuit

Rough_Rock
hehe... well... actually she''s coming out here (seattle)... so I loose points in that regard... :razz:

but in any case... good points... and I might have to really check that butterfly room out... though... probably not for the proposal itself... but in any case...

right now the official plan for when she gets her is that we''re going to head down to see my mother by Portland... 3 hr drive give or take... after I get off work on Friday (between 3 and 5pm).

I found out about Snoqualmie Falls... and really like the idea of "getting lost on the way to mothers house" and proposing there, but don''t know how crowded it would be. Also, she has previously mentioned a dire need of massage. That lodge right at snoqualmie would be great, but it is regrettibly beyond my budget. Unless someone wants to paypal me a couple grand that is
2.gif

I still really like the idea of the falls, but that lodge is out, and I''ve sold myself with the idea of spending that night in a nice hote/lodge/B&B/whathaveyou and taking some time to go to a spa either that night, or the next day.

www.theheron.com <--- that place looks absolutely fantastic... but it''s a long way out of the way, and I would MUCH prefer somewhere closer. Barring that, if I could find a nice proposal spot that was in some form of viscinity to the heron, that would be fine aswell... but I''m at a loss... I know the town there is supposed to be really nice, you can ferry to the San Juan islands, there''s a couple nice bridges (one is called ''desperation pass'' I believe), etc... but I really don''t want to wind up wandering around looking for a spot, and time is precious short, and I don''t see being able to properly recon the area... anyone have any ideas? comments? suggestions?

any input much appreciated..

ebmolldrem

Rough_Rock
You could do it on the Space Needle. I''m generally opposed to proposing in a restaurant, but it''s a classic icon and symbolizes Seattle. You could set it up ahead of time with the wait staff and do it any number of ways. You could excuse yourself to the restroom and then tape a will you marry me sign on the window, and wait until it rotates around. That would be a huge surprise and you''d probably get the whole restaurant to clap after she says yes. They also have a dessert there they bring out on dry ice, so the platter is really foggy and you have to wait until it clears. You could have the ring on the platter (obscured by fog) and wait until she sees it. I was thinking of all these ideas but ended up proposing on the beach in Costa Rica.

Good luck. Seattle is a cool place.

Eric
21.gif

AlexJL5

Rough_Rock
I recently proposed to my gf in Seattle at a Spanish Tapas restaurant called the Harvest Vine. It is located in Madison Park. I called a couple weeks in advance to set something up. The manager called her friend who is a pastry chef to produce a small jewelry box cake. They gave us free champagne and desert wine and gave us a fantastic table in the special wine cellar room. A few hours before arriving I dropped off the engagement ring to add to the cake.

I was so nervous I could barely eat! The manager played spanish guitar at the bar near our table. They also put roses on our table. When we were done eating they brought in the cake that was holding the diamond ring. I waited until she noticed the ring and I dropped down on my knee to ask her.
The whole restaurant was clapping :) She was soo happy and surprised she started crying. She said "yes"!

We will never forget this experience.
30.gif

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results