shape
carat
color
clarity

Seattle / Bellevue / Kirkland

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dvsone

Rough_Rock
What are some nice places for after dinner, ''go for a walk'', type proposals?

anyone live in the area have any ideas?

it won''t be during dinner.. so say we have dinner.. then i suggest we go for a walk (which happens).
what''s a good place to go? quiet, private etc?

also, contingency plan ideas? i.e. it''s Seattle which rains 300 days a year or something :)
what are nice indoor places? a lounge maybe?

heather318

Shiny_Rock
Hmm.. DEFINITELY depends on the weather. I''m from the Tacoma area, so I''m very familiar with the rain!

Here are some outdoor ideas..

Discovery Park
Carkeek Park
Woodland Park Zoo
One of the piers in Seattle
Bellevue Botanical Gardens

Rainy day ideas..

Space Needle
Seattle Aquarium

Ok, hopefully some of those ideas will help.. They were completely off the top of my head!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm if you''re willing to come out to the Issaquah Highlands (on the plateau) on a clear day you can see the whole Seattle skyline from up top and the Olympic Mtns. There''s a really great wine bar too called Sip at the bottom of the hill. I wouldn''t suggest walking up there (it''s more than I would walk after wine and dinner, and uphill) but the view is gorgeous!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Snoqualmie Falls, maybe?

It''s beautiful and the lovely Salish Lodge is right there so you should be able to have dinner there and be able to walk out to the gazebo overlooking the falls and propose there or somewhere right around there.

It would be great to maybe even get a room at the Salish Lodge for the night with a view overlooking the falls and a cozy fireplace and all the necessary romantic necessities and you can even just do it in the room??

katamari

Ideal_Rock
What about the San Juan islands? We just had a cabin out there for a weekend in October and it was breathtaking. Or somewhere in the Olympic National Park? Places in the city are nice for sure, but given all the natural beauty so close, it would seem much more picturesque and breathtaking in nature. This would be particularly true if you want the moment to be private, which you can''t get in the city.

Best luck!

elnino2783

Rough_Rock
Hey, I actually just got engaged on 4/25 at Kerry Park, which has a great view of the Space Needle any time of the day as long as weather is good. I live in Lynnwood so trips into the city are spaced out months at a time. If you've never been to it Kerry Park, it's on Queen Anne Hill, and depending on your knowledge of the area may be slightly hard to find because the road it is on changes names when you cross Queen Anne Blvd. Going uphill on the Blvd, the Park would be a left turn anything other than that, you can probably google the directions.

She didn't know I was gonna ask, so she basically set the night up for me, with my "suggestions" as to what we should do when we were there. We went to dinner at Serafina (Italian Restaurant not too far away from the park, but definitely a car ride away) because I "had to be in town" to go to a store in Seattle, and Serafina just happened to be the place we had our first Valentine's Day after having moved to Washington, and they were luckily having a Grand Re-opening from renovations.

So after dinner we headed to Kerry Park and under the guise of taking pictures of the city at night, to throw her off the scent of what was about to happen I took my time really focusing on the pictures, which was hard because the clear skies earlier that day had left the city really chilly at night. So basically she's freezing her nose off and finally asked to go back to the car when I pretended to want to look through the telescope they provide at the park (25 or 50 cents).

She became interested and I let her look through it first, but little did she know I would be down on one knee when she turned around.

Her jaw dropped and she was pretty speechless (that's out of the ordinary for her) and needless to say I got some good photos of the city that night.

The only problem with doing it at night was she couldn't really see the ring until she got in the car with the dome lights on.

Anyways, hope everything goes well, or that it already did.

elnino2783

Rough_Rock
Here a photo I tried to upload from that night. It''s heavily cropped, but the view is much larger than the photo shows.

Seattle_Panorama.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
How fantastic, El Nino! Sounds like it was a great night. Hopefully the engagement is going just as fantastically :)

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
There are a TON (i mean, a TON) of winerys and breweries in washington (woodinville area). Many of them, if you call them up, will help with the proposal as well! plus nothing is more fun than taking a wine tour to build some "courage". There is also the washington train wine tour which is pretty fun as well.

Other thoughts
Bellevue botanical gardens or the bellevue park (it has a long looping path to walk on)
SEA FAIR - last weekends of July this is the big festival known as Sea Fair - tons to do from the bellevue arts & crafts show (go to the kids section and create a piece of "art" asking her to marry you" or the boat races, etc.
Space Needle is always a good backup
PIKE PLACE MARKET - yes, over done but for a reason! it is so lovely there, and you can go to the pink door cafe (resturant) and ask for outdoor seating that over looks the market (of which i suggest their balinni drink and creme boule!). Plus watching guys throw fish around is funny and entertaining enough (Inn at the Market is a good hotel to stay at too).
Woodlin Park Zoo, Point Defiance Zoo, for the animal lover.
Day trip to Victoria, BC via the ferry is a great trip too - there are too many sites there to name!

good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results