shape
carat
color
clarity

Season finale Grey''s Anatomy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there :)

I just watched the finale last night on my DVR. However, DVR only recorded 1hr 15min and I though it was a 2hr episode?

I don''t want to spoil anything for those who have not watched it yet, so don''t read on if you don''t want any spoilers...........

My recorded episode ended with Derek "giving" the job back to the chief and then there was a shot of I believe the chief, in sillhouette (sp?) standing at the banister looking over the hospital. That was it. It also introduced Meredith''s sister to the show! But that was it...........I didn''t get any resolution on the Alex and Ava/Rebecca storyline, the Callie/Izzie line, nor the Derek/Meredith line.

Was that simply because they are cliffhangers or did my DVR mess up????

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
mine did the same thing (dvr) but i found a second recording which was the end of the show. did you check to make sure there wasn''t another recording?

brgirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi- I watched it when it was on, and it was only an hour and 15 minutes. There was a Lost special that was on after it that started at 10:15.
There wasn''t anything else that happened with ava/alex, meredith/derek, or izzie/callie!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep, 1 hr, 15 min. No resolution to any of the story lines. Gotta have the season finale cliffhangers...
20.gif
2.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
.............spoiler..............

They didn't explain why Dr. Bailey wasn't chosen to be Chief Resident. Or did I miss that part?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2007 12:48:44 PM
Author: Madam Bijoux
.............spoiler..............

They didn't explain why Dr. Bailey wasn't chosen to be Chief Resident. Or did I miss that part?
They didn't. I was peeved by that. It seemed she was the clear frontrunner - I mean sheesh, she opened a clinic! A friend suggested that maybe she was passed up because running the clinic would take a lot of time and she wouldn't have time to be CR. I think that's a lame excuse though...

And where is Burke?!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
And whats the deal with that Lexi Grey chick? Will George be back next season? I sure hope so.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
BOOOOO.....Will NO ONE BE HAPPY?!!?! Arggg....I did not like it at all! The Lexi Grey thing
20.gif
Of course she HAD to be the one that got McDreamy''s eye. Only in a written script.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yeh, i was so p!ssed about the whole episode! i mean meredith JUST lost her mother & step mother & derrick goes and makes that crappy remark about flirting with that girl.

and yeh, no one can have a happy relationship? no one?
i''m about to give up on this show.

i have heard that george & burke don''t return to the show next season... don''t know if it''s true.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree about Derek making the stupid remark about the girl - that was uncalled for and dumb, but it was also dumb that after basically telling her that ''she''s the one'' and waiting for her to answer, Meredith was more worried about getting Christina down the aisle than answering. Stop being stupid! Christina going down the aisle doesn''t predict whether your relationship will work, you being IN it will. I was irritated.

And my friend and I were trying to do the math - it doesn''t make sense. If Meredith and the interns were there for a year, and the new bunch is coming in now...that would make Meredith''s stepsister (Lexi) only a year younger than her? Doesn''t make sense...her father was still with her mother longer than that. Unless there are no blood ties between this chick and Meredith''s dad.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just read the writers blog on Grey''s website where they explain some of the finale. I too was so sad at Mer/der and that Christina didn''t get married. reading that blog *helped* but I''m still not happy. The only highlight for me was the Chief and Adele...so happy to see them back together..

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I didn't see the part where Derek was talking to the girl in the bar, but are we sure the new intern is Meredith's sister? Couldn't they just have the same last name? (Or did I miss something?)

I was a bit disappointed too...Burke just takes off, Meredith acts weird, George failed his exam(!)...not to mention Addison's new show is starting in the fall...I wonder how they're going to wrap this all up.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2007 5:00:45 PM
Author: IrishAngel
Ok, I didn''t see the part where Derek was talking to the girl in the bar, but are we sure the new intern is Meredith''s sister? Couldn''t they just have the same last name? (Or did I miss something?)

yes, if you read the writer''s blog they make a big deal about how it''s Lexie grey..

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll have to read the blog and see if they have a podcast - the podcast sometimes makes me more *okay* with what happens. Will check that out.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I love reading the writers blog. The writers are awesome.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
FG- I thought they were interns for 2 years. Regardless I guess one of them could have taken longer or shorter in med school (time off, undergrad) I just thought how unrealistic SHE was the girl in the bar.

Jcrow- I agree. I am not sure how they can redeem themselves.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
And what was going on with Christina? Ok, maybe it was just me, but I couldn't decide if she was elated to tears or heartbroken to tears when she got back home. She wanted the wedding dress off right now and was crying hysterically but was she breaking down from all the pressure to get married when she really didn't want to...or was she devastated that Burke was gone and having a meltdown. I was torn! Guess I should read the blog for some insight, huh?

ETA...can someone post the link to the blog? Thanks!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2007 8:27:21 PM
Author: dianne
And what was going on with Christina? Ok, maybe it was just me, but I couldn''t decide if she was elated to tears or heartbroken to tears when she got back home. She wanted the wedding dress off right now and was crying hysterically but was she breaking down from all the pressure to get married when she really didn''t want to...or was she devastated that Burke was gone and having a meltdown. I was torn! Guess I should read the blog for some insight, huh?
I still need to read the blog....

But I too was confused. First she said, "I''m free....I''m free!" and seemed....happy?! And then freaked out to get the dress off and started hysterically crying. Confusing.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I think Christina felt relieved, terrified, and heartbroken all at once.

dianne, here's the link.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2007 8:49:27 PM
Author: snlee
I think Christina felt relieved, terrified, and heartbroken all at once.

dianne, here''s the link.
I think Christina was relieved... I always felt like Burke kept pushing her every step of the relationship, and she didn''t want to get married.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, so it seems it was a little hard to interpret since there are varying opinions.

snlee--thanks for the link. I'll read up on it and see if I get any insight.

ETA---Well, just read it. It is all the things together, a combination of freedom and heartbreak....bottom line, it was meant to be just as confusing as it was....lol

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, great, I didn''t miss anything. Just some cliffhangers that didn''t quite feel cliff-hanger-y enough. Or should I say that since EACH individual cast member had a "cliff hanger" that it felt like perhaps the show should''ve continued it''s advertised 45 minutes.
20.gif

Oh well. I''ll still watch. I''m addicted. I watch Lost, too although it''s pretty much beyond reason anymore lol.

I LOVED the Burke/Xstina ending. Sure, it was devastating in one way, but I felt the same for her that she felt herself a segment later. I felt pure relief. Funny, until he said what he did to her, I never thought of it quite the eloquent way he put it. I just don''t understand how his vows (said aloud in the operating room and SO made me cry lol) seemed so dead-on real.........yet only moments later lead to an epiphany that contradicts them.

I think George HAS to come back as they started that "lets have a baby to hide our insecurities" plot line.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I think Christina was relieved with her line of "I''m free". I think the breakdown was just her pure emotion of stress release.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m wondering about the whole George thing...he fails the test while Callie makes chief resident? Doesn''t seem like that''s going to go well...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results