shape
carat
color
clarity

Searching on EBay for OECs

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those of you who have found OECs utilizing the search engine on ebay, what terms do you recommend using to search for them? I don't seem to ever have much luck finding many.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi bright ice. I"ll be honest... I would search Ruby Lane as well. Better quality listings and vendors and pics... and goods.

My usual search term is "European diamond" or "old diamond _______" Ring/necklace/pendant/broach

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1316404107|3020476 said:
Hi bright ice. I"ll be honest... I would search Ruby Lane as well. Better quality listings and vendors and pics... and goods.

My usual search term is "European diamond" or "old diamond _______" Ring/necklace/pendant/broach
Ditto. Or troll the slush-pile of soon to end listings in the various antique jewelry categories. Frequently the good deals lack key words, hence the difficulty of finding them and the reason they're still good deals...

"Deco" is a good key word if you are looking for jewelry, not just loose stones. Surprisingly, *any* type of nicer antique jewelry from any era can be "Deco", who knew? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh and I almost always look at a seller's other stuff if I find something that is a good deal and a well-done listing with nice pics, a good return policy etc., even if the original auction is not exactly what I'm looking for.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LGK|1316405646|3020487 said:
Gypsy|1316404107|3020476 said:

Ditto. Or troll the slush-pile of soon to end listings in the various antique jewelry categories. Frequently the good deals lack key words, hence the difficulty of finding them and the reason they're still good deals...

"Deco" is a good key word if you are looking for jewelry, not just loose stones. Surprisingly, *any* type of nicer antique jewelry from any era can be "Deco", who knew? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh and I almost always look at a seller's other stuff if I find something that is a good deal and a well-done listing with nice pics, a good return policy etc., even if the original auction is not exactly what I'm looking for.

Deco is totally true. LOL! You get the MOST AMAZING things labelled deco. And it's a good search term... but it can be frustrating to weed through the crap.

And I do ALWAYS click on the stock of any seller that has nice pics and items I like.

Oh... and I often just do "diamond" and click "pre-owned" on the left hand side.

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
So funny that I've used those same terms LGK and Gypsy used, especially the "old diamond" one lol.

I also used the words estate, antique diamond, vintage diamond, old european, european diamond, heirloom diamond, retro diamond, and mine diamond. I usually filter it after I search bc there is tons and tons of stuff, so I choose jewelry and watches, then click vintage & antique jewelry, then also click fine. Thats when the fun begins of looking, and looking, .... and looking.

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
Also, victorian diamond and edwardian diamond work well. So does old cut diamond, filigree diamond, euro, and art nouveau diamond.

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
**please comply with our policies**

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
**please comply with our policies**

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, did not mean to overstep any policy boundries ;(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results