shape
carat
color
clarity

Searching for a single 4mm stone..

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone happen to have a pretty 4mm single stone lying around that they'd like to sell? :)) I am leaning towards a colored stone in the following colors (listed in order of preference) - blue-green, medium blue, medium green, hot pink, purple (color shift would be a bonus), red, diamond (H-I or better). I'm concerned about cut more than I am about clarity, but would like to stay eye clean if possible. The last detail to mention is that it's for a ring project, so it needs to be something fairly durable.

Thanks!! :bigsmile:

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Tammy, I do have a sapphire but its 5.1mm I'm afraid it may be too big for your project but thought I'd tell you about it just in case. It was originally an old stone from a ring I re-purposed. I had Jerry recut it so now its awesome :) He said it was nice color & clarity. If you think the size could work for you I'll be happy to post pics for you......

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Hello!

Hmm, it might work actually if you don't mind posting a picture. Apparently there's a bit of wiggle room in the setting. Thanks!!

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
here you go! Its the second stone from the left. Thanks!

stones_sept_2012_002.jpg

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I have a medium green tsavorite that might be around 5mm. I'll check when I get home later tonight and post pics if it ends up being the right size...

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that is a pretty stone, thank you for the picture! I like it, but I think I'm going to keep searching for a bit to try to find a little different shade (trying to go for a little brighter blue).

Star, I'd love to see the green tsavorite! That's one of my "want to add to my collection" stones. Hopefully it's at or below 5mm. :) Ideally, I think I'm going to try to keep it as close to 4-4.5 as possible. I feel like such a picky thing, sorry! :oops:

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
tammy77|1357589426|3349691 said:
Oh that is a pretty stone, thank you for the picture! I like it, but I think I'm going to keep searching for a bit to try to find a little different shade (trying to go for a little brighter blue).

No worries - have fun! The setting is beautiful!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 4.5mm greenish-blue zircon (very beautiful - actually I have a pair but I'm setting one stone so the other is available) and also a 4.5mm Tanzanite - but since you need the stone for a ring, probably these are not durable enough for you? [But if you are interested, let me know and when I get home from work tonight I'll snap a couple of pics... - do you have a WTB on DiamondBistro?]

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mary,

I'd really love to be able to set a green-blue zircon in it, but I just did a quick search and apparently they chip easily on the facets. I wonder if it'd be safe since the setting doesn't really leave the stone exposed? I'll have to pop over to the CS forum and ask! I'm 99% sure that the Tanzanite would be too soft though.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No worries! One last thought - have you seen the 4.5mm bluish-purple sapphire on Barry's site? I think it is paired with a 5mm trillion sapphire, and I don't think he cut either of them - but the color of the round looks gorgeous and you could ask him his opinion as to cut and performance. Not sure if he'd split the pair and sell you just the round but it's worth asking, if you like what you see!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
I did see it and you just reminded me to email and ask if he'd be willing to sell just the round. It's pretty!! I'm still drawn to blue-green though and just asked over on cs about using a zircon in the setting. :)) Thank you!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jbkhere|1357587303|3349653 said:
here you go! Its the second stone from the left. Thanks!

That sapphire is so pretty! :love:

Tammy - Sorry for interrupting, but I just had to comment! Hope you find your perfect stone. :))

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I have 5 blue sapphires that I got in a lot to make martini earrings, but the two brighter ones aren't the same color so I'd gladly sell one of them. I have attached a photo of the brightest stone. (center bottom) - it's a cell phone photo, so it's not the greatest. I can't comment on treatment. I didn't pay a bundle, so for earring studs that size I wasn't worried.

If you want, I can send you all 5 and you can see if any of them fit the bill. They aren't dull like the photo.

_2911.jpg

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Color, that center one might just work! Do you happen to have the size?

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
They were all sold to me as 4mm. Here's another quicky cell phone shot.

_2912.jpg

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!! :bigsmile:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
tammy77|1357589426|3349691 said:

Star, I'd love to see the green tsavorite! That's one of my "want to add to my collection" stones. Hopefully it's at or below 5mm. :) Ideally, I think I'm going to try to keep it as close to 4-4.5 as possible. I feel like such a picky thing, sorry! :oops:

Ok, so I was way off. It's actually closer to 5.75 mm. Sorry about that! Hopefully you find something that will work! Colorluvr's is a lovely color :love:

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for checking back with me, Star! Actually I am going with the one Colorlvr posted. She's extremely generous! 8) I can't wait to see it and get everything sent off to DanielM. :appl:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
tammy77|1357619863|3350051 said:
Thanks for checking back with me, Star! Actually I am going with the one Colorlvr posted. She's extremely generous! 8) I can't wait to see it and get everything sent off to DanielM. :appl:

No problem. Glad to hear you found a stone that works for your project! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results