shape
carat
color
clarity

Searching for a setting similar to this...

Thebishop07

Rough_Rock
Hi all

In a few months I will be purchasing an engagement ring for my girlfriend. We searched through numerous websites and the ring that stood out the most was from ebay. Just the setting a lone was $3800 which I thought was a bit much so I am trying to find one similar or possibly the same but at a lower cost. I don't trust buying such a beautiful ring off of ebay. The diamonds that the seller have are GRA certified which I am also not comfortable about. I prefer a GIA, AGS or possible EGL LA or NY diamond. Anyways, if anyone knows of a company who has a similar or can replicate this setting, please let me know.

DSC_0087.JPG

Ring.JPG

slg47

Ideal_Rock
is this for you or for a gf? the setting looks rather chunky to me personally, i think the center diamond gets lost in it.

I much prefer the one ds posted

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad you found PS and didn't go for the one on ebay. That price is insane for the setting and you were smart to wary. I haven't seen anything exactly like that setting but I'm certain there are things that are close. I've also seen Whiteflash custom make something similar. I'll try to hunt down a picture. Custom isn't always cheaper but I think WF could make something close for a lot less than $3800..

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
I found some that look kind of the same from Adiamor, I think there has been other gals who have gotten settings from there. I purchased a white gold band for my husband from there it was great quality , and they have great customer service, very honest. If that was the setting your girlfriend wanted then you should get one like it. It is not for anyone else to decide what her taste is. What is important is that she will get a ring from you that she will love. There are a lot of woman who like the more sturdy, chunkier look. :appl:

http://www.adiamor.com/R-694-R1967-1.htm

http://www.adiamor.com/R-1157-R2354-1.htm

http://www.adiamor.com/R-1030-R2205-1.htm

Thebishop07

Rough_Rock
Well Farmer Gal, thanks for the information and guess what... the ring that my girlfriend loves is on that site so i assume Adaimor and the seller on ebay must have some type of connection:

http://www.adiamor.com/R-18-R1666-1.htm

Luminous-MB

Rough_Rock
Trade
farmer gal|1303571130|2903366 said:
It is not for anyone else to decide what her taste is. What is important is that she will get a ring from you that she will love. There are a lot of woman who like the more sturdy, chunkier look. :appl:

This is true, but also being able to listen to other people's experiences and opinions will help the OP compare and discern if that really is the best choice for them, solidifying it even more in the end!

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
Huh, good catch I didn't even see it! I see the price is still up there, another idea is maybe contacting ID jewelery and getting a quote on a setting like that, I know their prices always seem really reasonable. www.idjewelryonline.com
Oh, I didn't mean to sound snotty either, I just think if she has been admiring that setting and researching for months, she must have her heart set on that, and I would just hate for her to be disappointed if she got something else that wasn't her taste. :twirl:

stci

Ideal_Rock
I think you will find exactly what you want on the click of this link plus, the corresponding wedding band. Absolutely gorgeous!

You just need to change the center stone!

**edited by moderator. please do not link to other forums per the policies**

Thebishop07

Rough_Rock
Thanks all. So what is interesting is that the platinum setting my girlfriend wants is $3800 per the ebay seller when I spoke to them over the phone. Now I looked through their other auctions I found that setting with a .5ct diamond for $3000 or so. And that website http://www.adiamor.com/R-18-R1666-1.htm sells it for $3750. The rings are very similar but the website Adiamor states its 1.75 CT while the auction is 1.55CT. I am wondering if they are exactly alike or the difference is the .2 CTs. Is it possible for me to purchase the setting on ebay, sell the rock and upgrade it to a larger certified rock that my girlfriend would love? That would be a $800 savings on the setting that I can put towards the Rock. What do yall think?

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
stci|1303610505|2903789 said:
I think you will find exactly what you want on the click of this link plus, the corresponding wedding band. Absolutely gorgeous!

You just need to change the center stone!

**edited by moderator. please do not link to other forums per the policies**

Just and FYI, we aren't supposed to link to **edited**. Gets a slap on the wrist...

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Thebishop07|1303648909|2903962 said:
Thanks all. So what is interesting is that the platinum setting my girlfriend wants is $3800 per the ebay seller when I spoke to them over the phone. Now I looked through their other auctions I found that setting with a .5ct diamond for $3000 or so. And that website http://www.adiamor.com/R-18-R1666-1.htm sells it for $3750. The rings are very similar but the website Adiamor states its 1.75 CT while the auction is 1.55CT. I am wondering if they are exactly alike or the difference is the .2 CTs. Is it possible for me to purchase the setting on ebay, sell the rock and upgrade it to a larger certified rock that my girlfriend would love? That would be a $800 savings on the setting that I can put towards the Rock. What do yall think?

is the setting the correct size?

stci

Ideal_Rock
Modo will remove it if it's not allowed. I'm sorry but I did not know.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results