shape
carat
color
clarity

Seamstress help

KA

Shiny_Rock
I just bought my dress online, and it is beautiful. But it doesn't quite fit in the bust area, I don't even know how to describe the problem. The pictures are weird, since there are straps that are too short, and so they are under my arms. But you may be able to see that the bust area comes down too low. So I suspect that it needs to be taken in a little bit, and the little satin strap has to be moved up. Unfortunately, the satin strap is under the appliques. I suspect that I need a really good seamstress to do this properly. Do you all have any suggestions of seamstresses in the St. Louis area? I know nothing about sewing, so I need someone I can trust to do the right thing and not ruin the dress.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
KA|1319168604|3044635 said:
I just bought my dress online, and it is beautiful. But it doesn't quite fit in the bust area, I don't even know how to describe the problem. The pictures are weird, since there are straps that are too short, and so they are under my arms. But you may be able to see that the bust area comes down too low. So I suspect that it needs to be taken in a little bit, and the little satin strap has to be moved up. Unfortunately, the satin strap is under the appliques. I suspect that I need a really good seamstress to do this properly. Do you all have any suggestions of seamstresses in the St. Louis area? I know nothing about sewing, so I need someone I can trust to do the right thing and not ruin the dress.

Hi honey, post on your local theknot.com message board for seamstress suggestions. They are very good for that.

KA

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Gypsy, I'll do that. I never thought about them.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
KA, also check sites like weddingwire.com and mywedding.com. They often have vendor lists and reviews from other brides. Please post pictures of your dress, it sounds beautiful!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
A local bridal boutique I went to has a seamstress that is affiliated with the store, but doesn't actually work for them. I didn't buy my dress at that store, but I did call up the seamstress and she is doing my alterations. So you could try calling a few dress shops and finding one that doesn't have an in-house seamstress, and see what they recommend.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results