shape
carat
color
clarity

Scroll through ALL pics in real estate ad

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
The house reminds me of an old Twilight Zone episode where store mannequins come to life at night. On the positive side, you'd never be lonely in there with a house full of fancifully clad folks who don't make much noise....

YES!!!! It reminded me of that episode too! Maybe halfway through the tour, you might realize you are actually a mannequin too... :lol:

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I looked again and does anyone else thing it is super odd that the door from the house to the garage is a sliding glass door?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked again and does anyone else thing it is super odd that the door from the house to the garage is a sliding glass door?

Yea, that's certainly not usual.
I don't recall seeing that before.

But it is a double lock, one on the sliding glass door and the second at the garage door itself.
If I lived where it snowed I think I would love to get into my car without stepping outside into the snow.

So, I'll give you that it is "super odd" ... but what's your point?

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Yea, that's certainly not usual.
I don't recall seeing that before.

But it is a double lock, one on the sliding glass door and the second at the garage door itself.
If I lived where it snowed I think I would love to get into my car without stepping outside into the snow.

So, I'll give you that it is "super odd" ... but what's your point?

Where I live it is code to have a fire rated door separating the house and the garage. I have an attached garage and go right into the house from my garage, but I have a metal fire door, not a sliding glass door. I just have never seen that before.

I have a sliding glass door in my family room that leads to my patio and backyard.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where I live it is code to have a fire rated door separating the house and the garage. I have an attached garage and go right into the house from my garage, but I have a metal fire door, not a sliding glass door. I just have never seen that before.

I have a sliding glass door in my family room that leads to my patio and backyard.

That safety code sounds wise.
Perhaps the sliding door was a modification later performed by the homeowner without permits.
I also have never seen a living room with a commanding view of the garage, or all the stiff playboy bunnies upstairs. :lol-2:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My guess on the sliding door is that the garage was added later. So the sliding door used to go out to some sort of carport or patio and that's since been enclosed as the garage, but the door and wall were never modified.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What the freakin heck!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
My guess on the sliding door is that the garage was added later. So the sliding door used to go out to some sort of carport or patio and that's since been enclosed as the garage, but the door and wall were never modified.

You beat me to it. I was going to say the same thing. Generally the purpose of a sliding glass door is to both enjoy the view to the outside and have it accessible.

I bet they Built the garage later but never modified the house/door. I only know the code for a fire door because years ago when I got divorced and we sold the marital house, we had a regular wood door leading from the house to the garage and when the buyer had the home inspected, the inspector said it was not to code. The buyer refused to just accept cash to fix it themselves and replace the door and threatened to pull out of the contract if we didn't replace the door to code. I had to arrange to have the door swapped out to one that met code.

Funny thing is when I bought my current home, it didn't have a code door either to the garage. The door that was in place was in bad shape so I replaced it with a door that met code to save me problems down the road when I sell.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results