shape
carat
color
clarity

Scroll through ALL pics in real estate ad

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The house reminds me of an old Twilight Zone episode where store mannequins come to life at night. On the positive side, you'd never be lonely in there with a house full of fancifully clad folks who don't make much noise....

Thank you very much, Matata!

I remember that episode on Twilight Zone.
I couldn't place why the ad was so disturbing; that must be why.
It was on Netflix, but I can't find it there now, maybe because season 4 is missing.

Anyway, YT has this short condensed video of it.
Someone did a good job editing the episode down to the essential 6 minutes.

So many of those original B&W 1960s TZ episodes were so very well made!

Last edited:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is from ZillowGoneWild on Instagram! There are some crazy listings out there!

lindy520

Rough_Rock
OMG @kenny, thank you for sharing. That was my best laugh of the day!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey now, they're just getting creative with their Covid-times company. Shame their Covid-safe company can't help them tidy up though....

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... I have washed many a dish, made an ungodly number of beds, cleared a mountain of lotion bottles and extraneous "stuff" off of bathroom vanities, stashed a Petco worth of dog beds and food bowls for listing pictures. ...

Dee-Jay our house is really looking like a pigsty.

Would it be okay if I lied to realtors, telling them I want them to take listing pics of my house while I drink beer and watch football with my hairy gut bursting out of the bottom of my T-shirt, just to get a free maid for the day?

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved the Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits and The Alfred Hitchcock Hour!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee-Jay our house is really looking like a pigsty.

Would it be okay if I lied to realtors, telling them I want them to take listing pics of my house while I drink beer and watch football with my hairy gut bursting out of the bottom of my T-shirt, just to get a free maid for the day?

Well... you might get someone like me... or you might get someone like whoever this realtor is. In which case your house won't look any better -- and might end up looking worse somehow!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well... you might get someone like me... or you might get someone like whoever this realtor is. In which case your house won't look any better -- and might end up looking worse somehow!

LOL - you could bring your skeletons over. ;))
You could position two of them embracing on the bed. :eek-2:
... or just hang them in the closet.

Last edited:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At least the realtor got a good picture of the license plate in the first photo...just in case :oops2:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At least the realtor got a good picture of the license plate in the first photo...just in case :oops2:

Huh?
Just in case, what, exactly?

People vary.
Some fill their homes with AK-47s.
Others, with mannequins draped in evening gowns.
Others with alter boys.

Honestly, I'd be more worried about the former ... that is, unless I was a pious virgin Christian mannequin, or an alter boy.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Huh?
Just in case, what, exactly?

People vary.
Some fill their homes with AK-47s.
Others, with mannequins draped in evening gowns.
Others with alter boys.

Honestly, I'd be more worried about the former ... that is, unless I was a pious virgin Christian mannequin, or an alter boy.

You are absolutely right Kenny, people vary in all ways imaginable. Shame on me for inferring anything possibly nefarious or unseemly. Maybe an aspiring Bob Mackie style gown designer who’s hoping his/her career will get a boost with the real estate exposure.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ya just never know .... except when ya do. ;))

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They had me at “lime green living room curtains!”

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very cozy.

cheers--Sharon

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha! That was great!

But seriously-- what was the listing agent thinking?????

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Reminded me of a Dr who episode a while back
not in a good way
two thoughts
Jezz - tidy the bed before you take pictures
and this week in Dunedin a large dept store is quitting town and they are auctioning off 100 mannequins

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wouldn't change a thing.

Except the Arts & Crafts bed made out of pine?!?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As someone with an enquiring mind, I just wanted to know if they mannequins belong to a man ie he keeps them as company or a woman ie she uses them to display all of the dresses she has worn possibly on them?

MjK1

Shiny_Rock

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
My eyeballs hurt & I feel a tiny bit traumatized !:eek2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would be a great marketing tool if the house wasn't kept abysmally IMO. It looks (to my eyes) to be filthy. Who would show their house like that? The mannequins are fun and whimsical but the house in its unkempt state is scary. :errrr:

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
As someone with an enquiring mind, I just wanted to know if they mannequins belong to a man ie he keeps them as company or a woman ie she uses them to display all of the dresses she has worn possibly on them?

A man may use them to display all the dresses he has worn too. Or perhaps in memory of a beloved mom/sister/friend.

Whether the tenants have moved or passed away, I wish them peace and serenity.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
That is hilarious and super weird and CREEPY.

Am I the only one who noticed that the house got a LOT cleaner once the mannequins came out? Coincidence? Hmmm haha!!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
I thought the car seat sitting inside the sliding doors to the ‘garage’ was bad - until I swiped left

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would be a great marketing tool if the house wasn't kept abysmally IMO. It looks (to my eyes) to be filthy. Who would show their house like that? The mannequins are fun and whimsical but the house in its unkempt state is scary. :errrr:

Personally I agree with you about the filth and the mannequins possibly qualifying as being nothing more than fun to some.
But RE transactions are big bucks to most of us and this is not the way to maximize the return on your investment.

But perhaps the owner is an absent and distant landlord/lady (is landperson used now?) and couldn't force the renters of the lower unit to clean it up OR get the renters of the upper unit to remove the stiffs.
Maybe the owner lives in the lower unit and that's just how they live and is clueless about how it appears to many/most others.

Also, if I was the landperson I certainly wouldn't approve of the agent using those pics but perhaps another landperson didn't have the usual care and emotional attachment to thier rental property as one would towards their own home - and many assume the buyer would also be just renting out the units.
Unlikely perhaps, but not implausible.

Maybe the landlord died and the distant heirs cared even less and just wanted to force a quick sale at a "bargain" price of $650,000.
I assume that part of Lake Tahoe is crazy expensive, as is lots of California.
Perhaps a duplex rental in turn-key condition would be worth much more but getting stubborn uncooperative tenants is a huge pain with California's rental laws.
I'm admit I for one detest and try to avoid emotionally charged conflict with people.

Another possibility, the owner is not terribly savy or mentally stable.
Even nutty slobs can own and sell property.
Or, perhaps it's all a big joke to a very very wealthy owner.

Property owners can vary too.:wacko:
At least (s)he and the agent gave the world a good laugh. :lol-2:

Last edited:

collier

Shiny_Rock
So what gets me (other than the obvious) is the fireplace or alter in the living room area.

What an ingenious solution to having too many brass bed frames. I would never have thought that they could serve as a monumental fireplace screen.

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
Everything about this is so bizarre.
I feel like I would need to wear a hazmat suit just to do a walk through... and then need therapy because of the "friends".

I remember when we were house hunting about a decade ago. We came across a few doozies, but nothing like this!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results