shape
carat
color
clarity

Screw back earrings. . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
How easy is it to strip the screws on platinum stud earrings? Does it cause less wear and tear just keeping them in all the time v. taking them out every night? Also, what about the pool? I go in twice a week. Which is more risky? Exposing my earrings to chlorine or taking them out and putting more wear on the earring backs?

Thanks,
Michelle

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
My screwbacks have been fine for the last 3 years. No wear on the threads or stripping or anything. However, I only wear them about once a week (in the winter more like 3 times a week). I don't know how often you wear yours...but replacing the backs on earrings should not be cost-prohibitive..maybe like $50 or less? So if you feel uncomfortable, I'd just have them switched out every few years or so. But again..I haven't had a problem. Not sure about chlorine etc and I never wear them while I sleep (they stab my head!!)

2.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Chlorine from pool water will have no effect on platinum and I haven't noticed any on my white gold studs. I wear my studs almost all the time and clean them once or twice a week. Yeah, Windex!

I don't have screw backs though. I have "locking" backs. Look like flat pieces of metal with a hole in the center and a pinch mechanism that opens the hole. Once the metal inside hits the notch in the stud, it locks there.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results