shape
carat
color
clarity

Scopes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peterchristopher

Rough_Rock
I am pretty new to this process but have done some extensive internet research in the last 2 weeks. I'm intrigued by the better cuts such as H+A and EightStar.

I believe that I have a pretty good understanding of the difference between the Hearts & Arrows viewer (which is limited to the crown facets) that you might get from WhiteFlash and the FireScope (which to my knowledge is not available to consumers).

What I am not sure of, however, is where the Ideal Scope fits into the picture. How does the it compare to the other two Scopes? Does it measure all the facets like the FireScope?

Thanks for your input.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
H&A viewer can be used to assess the symmetry from the crown as well as pavilion. This way you can see the arrows (crown) and hearts (pavilion)

Firescope is used to visualize light return/leakage from the crown and asses the symmetry (arrows) as well.

IdealScope has the same principle as the Firescope.

peterchristopher

Rough_Rock
Thanks Leonid.

Does this mean that you can't see hearts in the FireScope or IdealScope? Is there a disadvantage to that?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
No you can't, Peterchristopher.

To see the hearts you should use the Heartc&Arrows viewer.

IdealScope and Firescope are only used to examine the diamonds from the crown side. I.e. you only can see arrows.

Keep in mind, i-scope and f-scope are used to assess the light return (or light leakage).

peterchristopher

Rough_Rock
I think I understand the light leakage issue. But can the H&A viewer be used to assess the symmetry of the pavilion, and in this respect does it have an advantage over the other two?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results