shape
carat
color
clarity

Schooling

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I know a lot of the fellow LIW''s are in school or have FF''s in school. I was wondering, to those who are in school or have FF''s in school, what kind of program are you or FF in?
Just curious
9.gif

I''m in a criminal justice M.A. program.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
M.S. program in Organizational Development and Human Resources Management.

Cartwheel

Rough_Rock
I''m finishing my bachelor''s degree (ten years late!!!) and will graduate this May with a BA in Environmental Economics and Policy. Nine more weeks!
36.gif

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
FF went back to finish his bachelors last year...he''ll be graduating in may with a BS in Fire Science and a BS in Professional Security

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
I''m in a PhD program in Cell and Molecular Biology. I have no idea when I''ll graduate but I''ve been here for 3 years already
32.gif

adak

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 10:16:35 AM
Author: cartwheel
I''m finishing my bachelor''s degree (ten years late!!!) and will graduate this May with a BA in Environmental Economics and Policy. Nine more weeks!
36.gif

I''m pretty late with my Bachelor''s too.
3.gif

I''ll be graduating next May with a Bachelor''s of Business Administration in Management Information Systems. I''m considering a graduate certificate after that, but don''t think I could complete an actual graduate program. I have a lot of respect for those of you who are. Wow!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
M.S. in Software Engi-nerd-ing.
3.gif

all.of.the.above

Rough_Rock
I'm in a B.S. program for CJ and Forensics; graduating in May of 2010. I, too, am about 10 years behind.
20.gif
After I complete the B.S., it will be onward to a Masters in forensic science.

FF is applying to master's Programs in Environmental Engineering. Although, he is now contemplating Law School for Environmental Law. He is currently an Environmental Scientist.

ringless

Shiny_Rock
In school, and also working full time. Bf is done with school and in his career.

adhesive

Shiny_Rock
I am working toward my Bachelor of Science, majoring in Pre-Dental Chemistry. Then I''m on to dental school for 4 years, then on to specialize in orthodontics for another 4 years.

According to my calculations, I''ll be dead by the time I get out of school.

My life is as follows:
34.gif
34.gif
34.gif
24.gif
REPEAT

FF is finished with all of his school and has been in his career for about 3 years now.

Anyone else in Pre-Med? Medical school? Already doctor/dentist? Make it out alive?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
No longer a LIW, but I''m getting my BA in Psychology (should graduate at the ripe ol'' age of 27), and FI is working on his PhD in Sociology.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 1:54:40 PM
Author: adhesive
I am working toward my Bachelor of Science, majoring in Pre-Dental Chemistry. Then I''m on to dental school for 4 years, then on to specialize in orthodontics for another 4 years.

My life is as follows:

34.gif
34.gif
34.gif
24.gif
REPEAT

FF is finished with all of his school and has been in his career for about 3 years now.

Anyone else in Pre-Med? Medical school? Already doctor/dentist? Make it out alive?

I almost went the dental school route. Started applying and everything, and then had a change of heart. Sometimes, when I''m stressed out about my schoolwork, I wonder how I''d be feeling if I''d chosen that path instead, but I really am too much of a computer geek to commit to another career path. Have you taken the DAT yet?

adhesive

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 2:15:35 PM
Author: misskitty
Date: 3/18/2009 1:54:40 PM

My life is as follows:

34.gif
34.gif
34.gif
24.gif
REPEAT

I almost went the dental school route. Started applying and everything, and then had a change of heart. Sometimes, when I''m stressed out about my schoolwork, I wonder how I''d be feeling if I''d chosen that path instead, but I really am too much of a computer geek to commit to another career path. Have you taken the DAT yet?

I haven''t taken it yet. Actually, I''m just a second semester freshman so I''m pretty sure I CAN''T take it yet.

As far as academics go, from some, I hear that it gets easier from here on out. From others, I hear that it becomes a living hell. I''m not struggling too much with the coursework (I really don''t mind school), it''s just very time consuming. In your experience, did it get easier once you got past the initial "freshman phase"? I''m in school on two, full paid scholarships and still, my competition is fierce. The dental school I''m going to apply to only accepts 30 students per semester (only 12 of which can reside in this state), so I guess that could have something to do with it.

fuzzers

Shiny_Rock
I will start pharmacy school later this year, and SO plans to get his MS in mechanical engineering (the smarty-pants... I can hardly do simple algebra).

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 1:11:51 PM
Author: all.of.the.above
I''m in a B.S. program for CJ and Forensics; graduating in May of 2010. I, too, am about 10 years behind.
20.gif
After I complete the B.S., it will be onward to a Masters in forensic science.

FF is applying to master''s Programs in Environmental Engineering. Although, he is now contemplating Law School for Environmental Law. He is currently an Environmental Scientist.

I love forensics & forensic psych! I''m planning on going for a PsyD with a concentration in forensic psychology. Nice to see someone else interested in forensics here!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 2:35:09 PM
I haven''t taken it yet. Actually, I''m just a second semester freshman so I''m pretty sure I CAN''T take it yet.

As far as academics go, from some, I hear that it gets easier from here on out. From others, I hear that it becomes a living hell. I''m not struggling too much with the coursework (I really don''t mind school), it''s just very time consuming. In your experience, did it get easier once you got past the initial ''freshman phase''? I''m in school on two, full paid scholarships and still, my competition is fierce. The dental school I''m going to apply to only accepts 30 students per semester (only 12 of which can reside in this state), so I guess that could have something to do with it.

I think it got WAY easier after freshman year, because I started to enjoy what I was studying more -- prerequisites are annoying, and I hated how time-consuming they were. Plus, after a year of being there, you kinda get into a routine and know how you study/what you need/etc.

Also, wow. My top choice school was the total opposite -- instead of only X number of students from my state being admitted, preference was given to in-state candidates, and they explicitly said in the admissions packet that if you don''t live in my state or one that''s touching it, they pretty much wouldn''t look at your app.

Also, DAT-related: the perceptual ability section is the most fun part to practice. It''s totally like games.
3.gif

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
Me:
BA in Journalism in 2006
Master of Public Administration in Fall 2010

DB:
BS in Psychology in 2005
MS in Homeland Security in Summer 2010

He''s in the military and I''d like to work in government public affairs.
1.gif
I was a journalist for 3 years so I''m really looking forward to the career change.

mcseeinred

Rough_Rock
We''re both working towards a MS in Plant Pathology; he specializes in turf grass vs. me in soilborne fungi......sounds fun, right?

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I love reading some of the degrees you guys are working on! I''m amazed with how specific some of you ladies and FF''s are with your degrees.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Just graduated with a master''s of philosophy (in other words, research degree) in international perspectives on inclusive and special education.

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
BF finished his BS in Mechanical Engineering last December, and is working on his MS, also in Mechanical Engineering, now. He does a lot of robotics and controls stuff.

I am double majoring in Bioengineering and Computer Science and will graduate with two BSs next December. (And then I am done with school!) My concentration is in Bioinformatics and Artifical Intelligence.

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
... is there a way to delete double posts?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
My now-DH proposed and we got married while I was in (and still am - hopefully finishing up this summer) a PhD program in biomedical sciences.

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
I graduated with a Bachelor''s in Finance last year, he graduates with a Bachelor''s in Architectural/Electrical Engineering in less than two months
36.gif
I may shoot for my MBA someday (my company would pay for it) but I am definitely enjoying these free nights and weekends :)

audball

Ideal_Rock
I am graduating in 9 weeks with my BA in Communication Sciences and Disorders with concentration in Language, Speech, and Hearing and I''m graduating from the Honors College.

I''ve applied and been accepted to the Doctor of Audiology program (4 yr. clinical doctorate in hearing and balance disorders) and I''ve also applied to the Masters of Public Health in Epidemiology. The natural path from my BA would be to the AuD, but I don''t think I have the heart for it, hence the application to the MPH, still waiting to hear about a fall acceptance *fingers crossed*

FF is also in the Honors College and is doubling majoring in Mechanical Engineering and Business Administration/Marketing/Management. He should finish in ~2 more years and plans on pursuing a masters in either Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Management through the Industrial Engineering department.

We both began our BAs in Fall of 05, I''m graduating on time, he''s a bit behind, doesn''t take summer courses and has chosen to double in two of the highest credit majors (132 credits for Mech and an additional 83 for business) so he''s doing great for no summers, he also works full time for the Honors college as the webmaster.

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
I think I''m the only one so far who is getting my teaching certificate for elementary education with my major being Language Arts. My BF is getting his BS in finance/business. We will both finish in 2011.

NCSUchick27

Shiny_Rock
I will be finishing up my BS in Accounting with a concentration in Financial Analysis this May(52 days till graduation!!!), and I am already thinking about going back for my masters within the next year or so. I haven't applied anywhere yet, but I will start doing that in the fall and hopefully I will be able to start next summer. My masters in accounting should only take me one year of full time classes.

SO is in his 4th year of a PhD program in Materials Science and Engineering. He is hoping to have his thesis written and defended by sometime in the fall.

NCSUchick27

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 5:15:55 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
My now-DH proposed and we got married while I was in (and still am - hopefully finishing up this summer) a PhD program in biomedical sciences.
That''s cool. My roommate is finishing up her BS in Biomedical Engineering this May. She loves it and is thinking about possibly going to med school in the future.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 4:47:32 PM
Author: somegirl932
BF finished his BS in Mechanical Engineering last December, and is working on his MS, also in Mechanical Engineering, now. He does a lot of robotics and controls stuff.

I am double majoring in Bioengineering and Computer Science and will graduate with two BSs next December. (And then I am done with school!) My concentration is in Bioinformatics and Artifical Intelligence.

Way cool! AI is one of my areas of focus :)

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I never realized how many LIW''s are currently in school!!!! This semester is almost over, ladies!!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results