shape
carat
color
clarity

Scarlett & Ryan Engaged!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Just read it..........

The star is expected to show off her sparkler at Monday night''s Metropolitan Museum Costume Institute Gala in New York. Sources say Johansson is eager to "show off her rock" with her Dolce & Gabbana gown.

oooooooh, can''t wait!!

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Wonder what her ER will look like? I picture her as having a vintage style ring.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
I''m kinda hoping she''ll go for something classic and simple, maybe buck the trend and not have a halo.

I like her, and I like him, so good luck to them both.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2008 3:14:37 PM
Author: Po10472
I''m kinda hoping she''ll go for something classic and simple, maybe buck the trend and not have a halo.

I like them both too! He''s one of my big crushes.

It was funny when him and Reece were still married, whenever she''d be interviewed (like at the Academy Awards), he would look SO annoyed with her. Hopefully Scarlett proves to be more down-to-earth and less self-absorbed.

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
OMG, this is my favorite photo of him...HOT YUMMY! photo link

I think its just a publicity stunt for her upcoming album release.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2008 4:16:47 PM
Author: MC
I'm kinda hoping she'll go for something classic and simple, maybe buck the trend and not have a halo.

I like them both too! He's one of my big crushes.

It was funny when him and Reece were still married, whenever she'd be interviewed (like at the Academy Awards), he would look SO annoyed with her. Hopefully Scarlett proves to be more down-to-earth and less self-absorbed.
Oh no no no, I'm sorry... I know it's a different Ryan, but I had to say, it saddens me to see Reese Witherspoon described as being self-absorbed--especially as compared to Scarlett Johansson. She (RW) is one of the kindest people in the business.

Again, sorry, I wasn't going to comment in here, but I had to.
38.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
He was engaged to Alannis Morrisette for a long time. They broke up and got back together at least once. He is adorable. Rent "Just Friends" if you want a painful but funny look at growing up and not being hot but being best buddies with the hot girl in school...it was hard to watch sometimes but I love him and enjoyed it immensely.

I like her, not sure this will last but I guess it has the same odds as any Hollywood relationship...

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2008 5:58:07 PM
Author: musey

Date: 5/5/2008 4:16:47 PM

I like them both too! He''s one of my big crushes.

It was funny when him and Reece were still married, whenever she''d be interviewed (like at the Academy Awards), he would look SO annoyed with her. Hopefully Scarlett proves to be more down-to-earth and less self-absorbed.
Oh no no no, I''m sorry... I know it''s a different Ryan, but I had to say, it saddens me to see Reese Witherspoon described as being self-absorbed--especially as compared to Scarlett Johansson. She (RW) is one of the kindest people in the business.

Again, sorry, I wasn''t going to comment in here, but I had to.
38.gif

I love Reese Witherspoon. Ever since I saw "Man in the Moon." She''s definitely one of my very favorites, and she does seem really sweet.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh no no no, I'm sorry... I know it's a different Ryan, but I had to say, it saddens me to see Reese Witherspoon described as being self-absorbed--especially as compared to Scarlett Johansson. She (RW) is one of the kindest people in the business.

38.gif
hahaha!!!! Well, you can see where my heart lays.

Sorry to have offended about Reece. In reality, I LOVE her movies, but from what I've seen of her in LIMITED venues, she comes across self absorbed. But, really I will drop out of this conversation as I do not want to be stuck in a debate or become the focus of flaming.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2008 7:44:26 PM

38.gif

Sorry to have offended about Reece. In reality, I LOVE her movies, but from what I've seen of her in LIMITED venues, she comes across self absorbed. But, really I will drop out of this conversation as I do not want to be stuck in a debate or become the focus of flaming.
I can't imagine why there would be debate or flaming over perceptions of celebrities. The only reason I felt compelled to comment is that I have met and worked with both, and had a very different impression of Reese than you seem to, so it seemed a shame that she could be perceived that way. My 'defense' of her does not stem from my perception of her public persona (I would never presume to draw a conclusion about her nature as a person from such), but rather her direct treatment of me as well as her other colleagues.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2008 4:51:11 PM
Author: piccolascimmia
OMG, this is my favorite photo of him...HOT YUMMY! photo link

I think its just a publicity stunt for her upcoming album release.

23.gif
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2008 8:10:38 PM

Date: 5/5/2008 7:44:26 PM

Oh no no no, I''m sorry... I know it''s a different Ryan, but I had to say, it saddens me to see Reese Witherspoon described as being self-absorbed--especially as compared to Scarlett Johansson. She (RW) is one of the kindest people in the business.

Again, sorry, I wasn''t going to comment in here, but I had to.
38.gif

Sorry to have offended about Reece. In reality, I LOVE her movies, but from what I''ve seen of her in LIMITED venues, she comes across self absorbed. But, really I will drop out of this conversation as I do not want to be stuck in a debate or become the focus of flaming.
I can''t imagine why there would be debate or flaming over perceptions of celebrities. The only reason I felt compelled to comment is that I have met and worked with both, and had a very different impression of Reese than you seem to, so it seemed a shame that she could be perceived that way. My ''defense'' of her does not stem from my perception of her public persona (I would never presume to draw a conclusion about her nature as a person from such), but rather her direct treatment of me as well as her other colleagues.
Good to know, I have always liked her. I think she comes across as the real deal, but what do I know. You''ve worked with her, so you KNOW.
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Musey (said in a whiny tone) since you get to work with all of the fab celebs, could you start harassing them for pics of their jewelry?? I mean, can you imagine getting macro shots of some of those Hollywood e-rings?! Because that would be awesome!!!

Just kidding. Well, kind of...

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2008 9:14:50 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Musey (said in a whiny tone) since you get to work with all of the fab celebs, could you start harassing them for pics of their jewelry?? I mean, can you imagine getting macro shots of some of those Hollywood e-rings?! Because that would be awesome!!!

LOL I love it! Can you imagine?

"Ms. Paltrow, may I... no, not an autograph, could I just take a few pictures of your lovely ring?"

rofl.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2008 9:33:56 PM

'Ms. Paltrow, may I... no, not an autograph, could I just take a few pictures of your lovely ring?'

rofl.gif
That would awesome!!!Can you imagine, "Well Jay, the most interesting thing about being on the set was this weird girl-no she wasn't a stalker- she was an actress in the movie, and she kept following me around with a camera wanting to take pictures of my rings. Isn't that weird? Finally I had to have my bodyguard talk to her..."

QueenG

Shiny_Rock
The ring (and two amazing designers)!

gabbana_johansson_dolce_ring.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2008 9:59:12 PM
Date: 5/5/2008 9:33:56 PM

'Ms. Paltrow, may I... no, not an autograph, could I just take a few pictures of your lovely ring?'

rofl.gif
That would awesome!!!Can you imagine, 'Well Jay, the most interesting thing about being on the set was this weird girl-no she wasn't a stalker- she was an actress in the movie, and she kept following me around with a camera wanting to take pictures of my rings. Isn't that weird? Finally I had to have my bodyguard talk to her...'
bahahaha!!
lol.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Yet another photo. ETA:more pics though none of them are very good. Definitely yellow or rose gold; anyone want to guess the shape?

80997420.preview.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It has a cushion or OEC look to me, soft edged.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2008 8:10:38 PM

I can''t imagine why there would be debate or flaming over perceptions of celebrities. The only reason I felt compelled to comment is that I have met and worked with both, and had a very different impression of Reese than you seem to, so it seemed a shame that she could be perceived that way. My ''defense'' of her does not stem from my perception of her public persona (I would never presume to draw a conclusion about her nature as a person from such), but rather her direct treatment of me as well as her other colleagues.
Musey - movie stars are in the public eye and it would be ridiculous for us not to have our own impressions of them. I feel most movie stars put on an act in from of the photographic camera - as in at the Academy Awards - (isn''t that what they''re good at?), so they ARE creating the image & perception that most of us have of them and there is no reason we shouldn''t partially evaluate them based on that. I cannot imagine watering down my opinion of a public person based on not knowing him/her in person, since pictures are plastered all over magazines and it''s impossible to excape from articles telling only small slices of lives of these people. They, themselves, are THE ONES who must take *partical* responsibility for situations like that where that average people will decide what kind of person they are based on these slivers of information.

Oh and a perfectly good example of the fact that MOST Americans think it''s okay to judge a book by it''s cover is voting for presidents based ONLY on what they say and do. That is part of life and regardless of who are why a person is in the public eye, they WILL be superficially judged.
2.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC, you say that you can't imagine 'watering down' your opinion of a person based on not knowing him/her in person, and I can't imagine NOT 'watering down' my opinion of a person based upon not knowing them personally. There just isn't enough information available, for me, to form an opinion about someone's character without having met and interacted with them myself, or at least speaking with someone who has.

You happen to not know Reese Witherspoon in person, yet formed a strong opinion of her. Since I was lucky enough to work with her and see her treat others with great respect and kindness (even me, as a 'peon' extra at the time), I figured that it was worth my mentioning that she is, in fact, a very kind person--much more so than the vast majority of other 'known' actors that I have worked with (including Scarlett, for what it's worth).

If you're willing to make character judgments based upon tabloids and sound bytes, it seems that you may also be willing to adjust those judgments based upon others' first-hand experience with this type of person. That was the only motivation for my first post.

I'm painfully aware that celebrities will be superficially judged, but I think it's more than fair to attempt to counteract that when and where I can.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I have to agree with Musey. I used to work in the industry and there were quite a few stars that I admired prior to having dealt with them in person.
Some of them were really popular with the media and public, and absolute horrors in real life
23.gif

BTW, I''m a Reece fan also.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Musey,

That is great that you met, worked with, and like Reese! She does sound like a nice person from your view point.
2.gif

Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results