shape
carat
color
clarity

Save the Date opinions please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

So I''ve been working on our save the date''s all day and I needed opinions before I print them off. I bought some magnet sheets and they were kinda spendy, so I''d like others'' thoughts on them before I print. I''m not very computer saavy so these took a while to figure out. I attempted the whole "photo booth strip" look and I think they turned out okay. But I''d like your opinions on it first... do you like the poses, the layout, etc.? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
1.gif
Thanks so much!!

So I loved this pic, but decided not to use it for the photo strip because I wanted it to look like we are in a booth. (It''d be kinda hard to get behind someone in one of those small booths!
5.gif
) So this will be on the front of the save the date card (in color). I''m still working on this one and deciding on what I''d like the sign to say...

savethedates057marriedsxr9.jpg

And here''s the photo strip save the date. It''ll be a magnet. I don''t know why it posted so fuzzy looking? The pictures are much clearer in person.

stdphotostripii9.jpg

happygal

Rough_Rock
I saw that in a magazine and thought it was the cutest STD idea! Yours turned out very well!

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Thanks happygal! They''re not turning out as well as I thought they would though... I tried to print some and the magnet sheet keeps jamming in my printer. Go figure.
20.gif
I''m not sure what to do now, but I hope to figure out something soon! I spent all day on these darn things.
7.gif

kimberlina13

Shiny_Rock
Your save the dates look super cute! I think they will come out great!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
ohhh WAY cute idea!!! I wish I would have seen that earlier and we could have done the same!! what a great idea!!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
That is cute! And I love the date (It''s mine too!)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That. Is. The. Most. Adorable. Thing. EVER!!!!

Can''t even begin to say HOW MUCH I love them!!!!!!!!!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Very cute ChelleBelle!!! Robbie did almost the exact same thing and they were ADORABLE!!!! I don''t know how to help re: the magnet sheet issue, but good luck!

budgetbride

Shiny_Rock
there are sheets of magnets that you can purchase and stick to anything. they sell them at office max and such. that way you can print out the pics on paper.

PS I think the pics are very cute

Sujuann

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE THEM!!! They look so awesome!!! And it really does look like a photo booth pic!

On a side note, I bought magnetic paper (sticky on one side and magnet on the other) at The Dollar Tree! It sold on 8x5 for $1. So if you are still interested in doing the magnets, you may want to check your local Dollar Tree. I live in Orlando and found it two stores. Now I know they don't always sell the same products in every store, but it's worth checking. I am sure you can fit quite a few on one page!

I love them either way! What a great idea tha tcame to life so well!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Chelle- I was just thinking... if the magnets don''t work when you print them, why don''t you print them on photo paper- like an actual photo strip thing... and then glue a small piece o the magnet to the back? So they can still be magnets, but with just the top able to stick? I think if I got one of those in the mail, it would be cooler to look like one of the actual booth picture strips, ya know?

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
Oh they are so cute
36.gif
I love them!! Great idea!!

honeybee

Rough_Rock
I love the photo booth look, very cute idea !!!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Adorable!!! There are quite a few places that sell magnet paper online a little cheaper than Staples or OfficeMax, etc. I was planning on making my magnets myself, but decided it wasn''t worth the possible hassle with my crappy printer. There are also a few magnet printing companies that make custom sizes, so if you are interested, search around.

Here are some places with the paper:

http://www.custom-magnets.com/ink-jet-magnet-sheets.htm
http://printonit.zoovy.com/category/inkjetpapers.inkjetmagnet/
http://www.dickblick.com/zz614/13e/

One thing to check on...I think all of these work better on printers that load from the top and feed straight down. If the paper has to curve around, you might have problems, but I am not sure.

I used this company for my STD magnets. They are a little pricier than others, but they make a greater variety of shapes/sizes, which worked for me because I had some specific dimensions in mind. And they were great to work with, too!

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! Thanks for the replies. Well this project hasn''t been as easy as I thought it''d be... my printer just sucks! So I had to try something different.

kimberlina, rosebud, firegoddess, irishangel, officers girl, and honeybee~ Thank you! I''m glad you like them!

fancy~ That''s so exciting! 7-7-07 is such a fun date!

fatafelice~ Oh I wish I would''ve known about those places! They look great! I''m on a time crunch though (such a procrastinator with the save the dates) and I decided to go a different route. They should be here soon! Thank you so much for you help though! Oh and it was definitely my printer that was causing all the problems... it''s the kind that feeds through the bottom and curves up and the magnet paper jammed every time. Oh well!

budgetbride, sujuann, and amberwaves~ The magnet sheets are a great idea! I actually already purchased them! The magnet paper wasn''t working (my printer didn''t like it) so I had bought the magnet strips and photo paper after I realized "plan A" wouldn''t work. But my printer is just old and crappy and the pictures didn''t look good. Something with the blacks and whites... some pictures in the strip looked vivid and the other pics looked dull. Urrgghhhh. I could have had them printed at a photo lab but that would''ve gotten kinda spendy.
Oh and I thought the same thing amberwaves... a save the date that looked like an actual photo strip would be so cool! I was planning on purchasing vertical tri-fold invitations and inserting the photo strip in the middle with the wedding info on the other side. But it was just starting to be too much work, I''d have to print those and I just don''t have any more time (these were supposed to be sent out a long time ago!).
40.gif
So just completely frustrated with everything, I looked up robbie''s save the dates (i think irishangel mentioned them) and saw that she went through VistaPrint. It looked affordable and easy so I went that route.

And robbie, I really hope you don''t mind that I used your idea.
7.gif
I used the same format and everything. I''ve just been so busy and need to send these out asap and couldn''t waste any more time trying to figure out how to make the actual strips. And I like the idea that there''s the photo strip plus the wedding information on the side. That way the guests can look at it and remember the wedding website, etc. in case they forget. Your save the dates were so adorable (and I have to say your poses were so much cuter!) and I feel so bad for bummin off your idea.
15.gif
I was a desperate bride! But I really hope you''re okay with that and thank you for providing such great inspiration. I''d post a pic, but I feel like such a big fat copycat!
38.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Very cute!!! Such an original way to let others know!!
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Chelle, that is sooooo cute, love it!!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOOOOvvveeee IT!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results