shape
carat
color
clarity

Saturday Night Live

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump has fulfilled his campaign promise of making America great again. From hosting while campaigning, to providing so much material for the cast by being a candidate and then president, selecting cabinet members, and Tweeting negative things about it and individuals on it, SNL is in the "midst of a rating renaissance". http://tvline.com/2017/02/07/saturday-night-live-ratings-donald-trump-season-42/

Here's an all female skit casting someone made up. Looks like it would be hilarious. Kate McKinnon could still do the role of Kellyanne Conway.
http://imgur.com/3y6Nuo1

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I've been a fan my entire life. I think the last epi was particularly solid. Love the show!! (I was planning on adding Trump's SNL tweets to my thread tomorrow, lol. I have to look them up).

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump and his cast of HYOOOGE THE BEST TOTAL 10s! people are making SNL Great Again!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1486572932|4126013 said:
Trump and his cast of HYOOOGE THE BEST TOTAL 10s! people are making SNL Great Again!

I posted a clip of Melissa McCarthy as Sean Spicer here on Pricescope, which you may have seen. I hope that the show makes her a regular.

Deb :wavey:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump reportedly got mad that Spicer was parodied by a woman, hence Trump and Trump-related males ideal cast of comediennes. Bummer the link to imgur didn't work. It was supposed to be a link to a group picture. I just looked it up and found it came from a HuffPo article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/snl-women-trump-administration_us_5899c922e4b040613138f6f9 Would Trump blow a gasket if Meryl Streep played his role? And Ellen DeGeneres, a gay woman as Mike Pence!

Another that could be added is Leslie Jones as Ben Carson.

Katharath, last Saturday's episode had me in stitches. So funny.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1486576028|4126042 said:
azstonie|1486572932|4126013 said:

I posted a clip of Melissa McCarthy as Sean Spicer here on Pricescope, which you may have seen. I hope that the show makes her a regular.

Deb :wavey:

I watch it every.day. :lol: :lol: :lol: :appl: :appl: :appl:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mary poppins|1486582031|4126108 said:
Trump reportedly got mad that Spicer was parodied by a woman, hence Trump and Trump-related males ideal cast of comediennes. Bummer the link to imgur didn't work. It was supposed to be a link to a group picture. I just looked it up and found it came from a HuffPo article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/snl-women-trump-administration_us_5899c922e4b040613138f6f9 Would Trump blow a gasket if Meryl Streep played his role? And Ellen DeGeneres, a gay woman as Mike Pence!

Thank you for linking that Huff Po article! I love impersonations and those actors/comedians are PERFECT fits for the recommended roles. I used to do a mean Sarah Palin back in the day...one of my friends went to a Christmas party this past season as Donald Trump and caused quite a stir. (He handed out Chipotle burritos and $15 gift cards) We are both libs as are many of our friends and let me tell you it takes some ballz to be "that guy" in such a tough crowd. One woman wanted to hire him to do her Christmas party the next weekend, though! :lol:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like Rosie O'Donnell as Bannon is a good possibility. She changed her Twitter picture to look like him. Some makeup for ruddy nose and cheeks, plus red eyelid areas would perfect the look. I have seen some say those are features of an alcoholic. The picture is in this article: http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/10/entertainment/rosie-odonnell-steve-bannon/

Azstonie, they are making it great again. This season is highest ratings in 22 years!

AGBF, I saw in another thread somewhere you thought people had you on ignore because nobody was saying a word to you. So, word! I love the Melissa McCarthy as Spicer skit. So many funny components. Spicer commented about it after and I think he took some of it to heart as during his first press con after the episode he toned it down a bit.

Monarch, I thought the proposed comediennes were perfect for the roles, too! Your friend was very brave to go to a lib party as Trump! If he's really good, he could probably make some good money doing impersonations at events as a side gig.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1486590158|4126192 said:
mary poppins|1486582031|4126108 said:

Thank you for linking that Huff Po article! I love impersonations and those actors/comedians are PERFECT fits for the recommended roles. I used to do a mean Sarah Palin back in the day...one of my friends went to a Christmas party this past season as Donald Trump and caused quite a stir. (He handed out Chipotle burritos and $15 gift cards) We are both libs as are many of our friends and let me tell you it takes some ballz to be "that guy" in such a tough crowd. One woman wanted to hire him to do her Christmas party the next weekend, though! :lol:

Omg that's hilarious!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is one I'm planning on recording. Trump gave them lots of material this past week.

Has anyone seen the photos of Rosie disguised as Bannon? So good!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1486917409|4127788 said:
I missed "Saturday Night Live" last night so I have been watching it in bits and pieces. I was very impressed with this skit that was obviously a spoof of "Fatal Attraction" with a caricature of Kellyanne Conway in its center.

Link...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pRt4dFBkCA
By the way, the skit was in response to this...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_n4CVpkTGc

AGBF

I watched this and I have to say it was pretty disgusting. They would never do that to a liberal. I get Melissa McCarthy and that one was funny. This was very mean spirited.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1486933807|4127872 said:
AGBF|1486917409|4127788 said:
I missed "Saturday Night Live" last night so I have been watching it in bits and pieces. I was very impressed with this skit that was obviously a spoof of "Fatal Attraction" with a caricature of Kellyanne Conway in its center.

Link...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pRt4dFBkCA
By the way, the skit was in response to this...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_n4CVpkTGc

AGBF

I watched this and I have to say it was pretty disgusting. They would never do that to a liberal. I get Melissa McCarthy and that one was funny. This was very mean spirited.

I guess you and I have different world views. I feel that there are very few things on this earth as mean as Kellyanne Conway. She is as mean as they come. Meaner. I didn't find this skit very mean at all. And If someone as beautiful as the actress portraying her portrayed me, I wouldn't protest.

Deb

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
New SNL episode airing tonight. So much Trump and cabinet material to choose from since the most recent new episode!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mary poppins|1488652714|4136457 said:
New SNL episode airing tonight. So much Trump and cabinet material to choose from since the most recent new episode!

My SO as a TV but I rarely set foot into that room except to serve food and vacuum
(I was his slave/maid/bitch long before he broke his back.)
I catch SNL skits on Youtube.

I have not actually sat down to watch TV since 9-11.
Tonight I will.
I'll hold the remote so I can zap the ads. :knockout:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear about your SO's back, Kenny. I hope his recovery is going well.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alec Baldwin says he might give up his Trump impression on 'SNL'

By Chloe Melas, CNN
Updated 12:33 PM ET, Tue March 7, 2017

(CNN)Alec Baldwin might be hanging up his fake tan and red tie.

The actor tells "Extra" he thinks viewers may tire of his portrayal of President Trump on "Saturday Night Live."

"His policies aside, which you can hate, I thought he would have just relaxed," Baldwin says. "The maliciousness of this White House has people worried. ... That's why I'm not going to do it much longer, the impersonation, I don't know how much more people can take it."
Baldwin adds: "Trump just overwhelmingly lacks any sportsmanship, he remains bitter and angry, and you just want to look at him and go, 'You won!'"

It's not clear how long 'SNL' plans to have Baldwin play Trump. The gig was originally supposed to last through the election.

Baldwin may irritate the president, but he has given "SNL" a ratings bump. NBC's sketch comedy show averages 10.6 million viewers an episode if you include people who watch within the week, according to NBC -- the show's biggest audience in 22 years.

Baldwin's representatives and NBC did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

As for whether Baldwin plans to impersonate Trump at the White House Correspondents Dinner, he says he's up for it, although it's unlikely. Trump has said he's skipping the event.

"I don't know what kind of program they're going to have," Baldwin said. "If they wanted me to do it, I would probably do it, but I'm not quite sure they'll do. I think they may have a whole other idea."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/07/celebrities/alec-baldwin-trump-impression-snl/index.html

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Mary poppins - I don't always post in this thread but I enjoy it, thanks for keeping up with it.

I thought the Jeff Sessions sketch last week was pretty great.

And re: your earlier post - I adore Christine Baranski, she would be great as DeVos! That might not be timely enough at this point, but who knows what the future will bring - I hope they'll keep her in mind just in case.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved the Jeff Sessions sketch. Kate McKinnon is so versatile and good at all the figures she portrays. Whenever shirtless Vlad Putin appears on the screen I laugh so much I have to pause the show.

I'm not familiar with Christine Baranski's work, but she does look similar to DeVos. DeVos' beliefs and gaffes are a good source of material for the SNL, but her position isn't really prominent so maybe that's why they are leaving it alone.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Clinton left scene, but McKinnon still center stage at 'SNL'
by Bill Carter @CNNMoney

In the fall of 2012, with the election between Barack Obama and Mitt Romney down to just a few remaining weeks, and the first of the year's scheduled debates looming, I spent a week around the production offices at "Saturday Night Live," preparing to write a piece for The New York Times about the show's iconic place in American politics during presidential years.

Lorne Michaels, the creator and executive producer of "SNL," had kindly assented to my doing an article about the show's political humor, but he had asked me to wait until the week of the first debate because he believed that was when the nation most paid attention to "SNL's" take on the race and the candidates.

Most of that week I spoke with Michaels and Seth Meyers, then the head writer, about the pressure the show team felt because of all the previous smash sketches based on presidential debates ("Strategery" et al.). Michaels decided to reach up his sleeve for a familiar ace, Jim Downey, who had composed many of those well-remembered debate sketches, to work his magic again.'

As it happened, the debate proved to be a dull slog, utterly devoid of obvious comedy hooks. (Obama turned in his worst performance ever as a debater and Romney was wonky to a fault.) Downey struggled mightily to find the theme for a comic take. He told me it was by far the hardest political sketch he had ever undertaken to write.

In the midst of all the fretting over the signature piece, I watched the rehearsal of some of the other bits that night, and noticed one performer whom, to that point, I taken little notice of. I didn't really know her name off the top of my head, because she had joined the show very late the previous season and had not yet forced her way into my consciousness as any particular character.

But during the rehearsal of the Weekend Update segment, Meyers introduced her as a woman in the news, Cecilia Gimenez, an 82-year-old amateur artist who had taken it upon herself to "fix" a centuries-old fresco of Christ called "Ecce Homo." The segment was so spectacularly funny -- and spectacularly performed -- I asked Seth immediately afterward who the heck was that cast member.
"Isn't she fabulous?" he told me. "That's Kate McKinnon. Keep your eye on her."

It has been almost impossible for fans of "SNL" to take their eyes off McKinnon ever since. This season, with the show enjoying yet another renaissance, as ratings have soared to 12-year highs, McKinnon has elevated herself to rarefied status as one of those classic performers who dominate the peak eras of NBC's storied late-night franchise.

"Kate McKinnon is a breakout star for 'SNL,'" said Rick Ludwin, who spent decades as the NBC executive supervising the show. "I think she has that rock-solid ability to commit to the bit, whether she's doing a celebrity or political impression, or an original character. Even before she says anything, you see her body language and facial expressions. She sells the bit before she even speaks." He noted that those abilities were the same in previous breakout stars from the show "like Amy Poehler, Will Ferrell, Kristen Wiig."

Nobody foresaw that for McKinnon when she joined the show in April, 2012, but then stars on "SNL" have always burst from obscurity (except for the one season when established performers like Billy Crystal and Martin Short filled in as cast members). Michaels felt under the gun that season to replace a recent exodus that had included Wiig, Jason Sudekis, Bill Hader and others. He told me, "I absolutely think about who I am replacing," but added, "One thing you can't do is look for another Kristen Wiig."
They just happen.

Even though she already won an Emmy for her work on the show last season, this season has seen McKinnon climb to new heights of recognition, even as fates threw her a massive, unexpected twist. Having put her own indelible stamp on the show's Hillary Clinton impression one that she somehow made distinct from the equally memorable turn Poehler had done on Clinton -- McKinnon and just about everyone else associated with the show expected her to take on regular duty as the new President in whatever sketches touched on the ongoing political situation.

Obviously, that did not turn out. McKinnon, who is passing on commenting on her SNL work while the current season is in production, had many reasons to be disappointed, including her own support for Mrs. Clinton as a candidate. When asked by Rolling Stone before the start of this season how she would feel getting to portray the first woman elected President of the United States, McKinnon said, "I had not thought about it in those terms until this moment. Not my involvement in it, but just -- what's that moment gonna be like? How hard are we gonna cry? I could cry just thinking about how hard we're gonna cry when it happens."

She may have cried in private. On the air, she performed what amounted to a valedictory -- or perhaps elegy -- for Clinton's campaign (and the recently deceased Leonard Cohen), singing "Hallelujah" in full Hillary make up the first show after the election. She seemed to barely hold it together on the words: "I told the truth, I didn't come to fool ya." And it was either she or Hillary, or both, who ended the song by telling the audience "I'm not giving up and neither should you."

For SNL, Donald Trump's victory was a transformative in virtually every way except in foreclosing a potential showcase for its biggest current star. McKinnon quickly pivoted to another dead-on impression, KellyAnne Conway, which she performed to devastating effect. But, perhaps partly because McKinnon has filleted Conway so effectively, the formerly ubiquitous White House apologist has largely gone to ground in recent weeks, reducing McKinnon's opportunities for skewering her further. (Last week McKinnon was limited to doing Conway as a sort of potted plant in other sketches, kneeling mutely in her much-commented-on Oval Office couch pose, iPhone in hand.)
Naturally KcKinnon only summoned up another trick in her bag, taking on Jeff Sessions as a mock Forrest Gump. Presumably she will have those two go-to moves for the foreseeable Trump era, along with Betsy DeVos, Elizabeth Warren and a host of others, female or male, to come as needed.

As Rick Ludwin put it: "Kate has that sense of danger. You're watching because you never know what could happen. John Belushi, Bill Murray, Farley, Sandler, Poehler, Wiig all had it. So does Leslie Jones. Having observed how Lorne puts the cast together, it's vital to have a few who are dangerous."

And if all else fails Germany has its own election coming up later this year. Nobody does a better Angela Merkel.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/10/media/mckinnon-snl/index.html

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was looking through SNL clips on YouTube, I saw this one for the first time. I kept thinking about it. I think it is one of the funniest skits I have seen on the show for a lot a reasons, so I thought I would share it here:

Eric and Donald Trump, Jr....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OBiSNOumtU

AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
part gypsy|1489354844|4139524 said:

This was superb! The part about how Trump would allow our browsing histories to be sold reminded me of something else. I heard on the radio (as I have written here before, I listen to a lot of political radio-different stations-on Sirius radio) that there is a gem hidden in the proposed Republican health care bill. Apparently, the Republicans put it there to satisfy their friends in the business world who like to make money off health care. The new bill will allow employers to test the DNA of their employees and sell their DNA and other medical information unless the employee pays a high fee. It will, effectively void the current law that makes it illegal for anyone to discriminate based on genetic information, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act.

Link...http://fortune.com/2017/03/10/genetic-testing-workplace-wellness-bill/

AGBF

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF, the Trump sons sketch was funny. I'm not familiar enough with either of them to know whether anything portrayed reflects their personalities. Wow, the Trumpcare provision regarding DNA is horrifying. I didn't know that existed. :nono:

That was a cute piece from last night, redwood.

Loved the Trevor Noah song, part gypsy.

Here's a trip down memory lane from Rolling Stone, "'Saturday Night Live': All 145 Cast Members Ranked".
http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/lists/saturday-night-live-all-141-cast-members-ranked-20150211?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=mithc&utm_content=kwp

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For The First Time Ever, "Saturday Night Live" Will Actually Be Live Across The Entire US

For the first time in the show’s history, four consecutive episodes Saturday Night Live are going to air live in all four US time zones, the chairman of NBC Entertainment announced Thursday.

It gets better: the guest hosts of the next four episodes will be: Jimmy Fallon, Chris Pine, Melissa McCarthy, and Dwayne Johnson. (Musical guests are yet to be announced).

The first show of the special finale series will begin on Apr. 15.

In an emailed statement to BuzzFeed News, NBC Entertainment Chairman Robert Greenblatt wrote, “SNL — enjoying its most popular season in two decades — is part of the national conversation, and we thought it would be a great idea to broadcast to the west and mountain time zones live at the same time it’s being seen in the east and central time zones.”
“That way, everyone is in on the joke at the same time,” he said.

SNL usually tapes live in its New York City studio on the East coast, and replays of the broadcast then air in later time zones.
Under this new arrangement, the show will air live at 11:30 p.m. ET, 10:30 p.m. CT, 9:30 p.m. MT, and 8:30 p.m. PT. The episodes will also be repeated at 11:30 p.m. for those in the Mountain and Pacific time zones.

There was no word from NBC whether the cross-country live broadcast will continue next season if it proves successful.
People were stoked to hear the news, especially given the stellar lineup of guest hosts.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tamerragriffin/for-the-first-time-ever-saturday-night-live-will-actually?bffbmain&utm_term=.ch3DN7QNz#.ebW7XN3X8

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results