shape
carat
color
clarity

Satéur stone... What is it?

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
I got an ad for these Satéur stones and I'm just curious. They will not disclose what it actually is, but they say it's not CZ, not moissanite, not diamond. They say it's an 8.8 on the Mohs scale.

"Satéur Stone is specially formulated with rare minerals using our unique, exclusive formula in the Satéur™ laboratory."

Any thoughts what this actually is? My best guess is it's another type of moissanite like Amora Gem, or another type of CZ, and they are just bending the truth saying it's not because it's technically a new combination of elements or something.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I would guess it's cz with a coating of some sort. Or an additive. Cz is 8 to 8.5 normally. My guess is they coat or add something to it to be a little harder than traditional cz. Really unclear disclosures though.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's very likely a coated CZ, like diamond nexus. I don't think it's moissanite, and its refractive index is lower than both diamond and moissy, and with the hardness just *slightly* more than a regular cz, a coating makes sense.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results