shape
carat
color
clarity

SARIN report

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Apocalypse

Rough_Rock
Where can I get a Sarin report in Canada??? Also does the diamond have to be loose?? Or can it be in a setting?? I would really like to get one of these done to my stone since there aren''t any inclusions that can be seen to identify it.

Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Tracy

Apocalypse

Rough_Rock
Thanks John! Very interesting :) I am still interested in finding out the percentages on my diamond, any idea where abouts in Canada I can get a Sarin report done???

Thanks again!
Tracy

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 10:59:26 PM
Author: Apocalypse

Thanks John! Very interesting :) I am still interested in finding out the percentages on my diamond, any idea where abouts in Canada I can get a Sarin report done???

Thanks again!
Tracy
Sure thing Tracy. I'm not familiar with Canadian retailers and appraisers who are so-equipped but someone else may be.

Sarin is one type of non-contact scanner. Ogi is another. GIA's new "Facetscan" (produced with Ogi components) is a third. The OctoNus Helium scanner is the latest and greatest. You won't find them on every corner. In fact, generally only gemological labs, some diamond supply houses and extremely well-equipped appraisers and retailers have these devices. You'll find it's common to expect all of the measurements when purchasing on the internet but not so much in 'real life,' therefore most jewelers don't need one. They may have access to one, though (we who own them become popular when those 'pesky internet clients' come around).
2.gif

I looked at the Sarin customer page for you but found no listings in Canada (the list is by no means all-inclusive though).

By the way, to answer another q from your original post; the diamond must be unmounted to be scanned.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results