shape
carat
color
clarity

Sarin info?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JasonL

Rough_Rock
Would I be able to call GIA and get the crown and pavilion angles of a diamond they have graded? Do they do a Sarin on all diamonds they grade?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Yes, they perform a Sarin on each diamond they grade, but they'll tell those results only to the person that sent the stone to the lab...

JasonL

Rough_Rock
They won't tell me even though I own the stone?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
No they won't. They will tell the data only to the person who originally submitted the diamond...
1.gif

Meraj

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know why that is the case that they only to the person who sent the stone in and NOT the stone owner????
8.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
The GIA measures the crown and pavilion angles for every diamond that is submitted to them for grading, however they consider the information to be "proprietory" and they will not release it to anybody but the person or company who submitted the stone... This is NOT necessarily who owns the stone! Perhaps they do this to avoid legal complications with the cutters who submit diamonds to them because those people might be upset to lose a sale three years down the road to a client who just learned that the diamond they purchased isn't all that and a bag of chips...

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Jason:

Although it would be nice to get the SARIN info from GIA, the fact that they do not release it should not be of any concern to you as you involve yourself in the diamond buying process. An increasing number of educated consumers are asking for SARIN reports as CUT becomes more important. Be sure to ask for this information from the company you are buying your diamond from. In most cases, a reputable company will be able to supply the numbers for you.

Good luck!

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Gosh everybody makes it sound so *impossible*...if you really want the info, open an account with the GIA and shell out the bucks (around $100 or so for the average stone) to get the report updated, and maybe an inscription while it's there. Problem solved.

Edited to add, if it's not obvious: you only get to do this after the stone is *yours*
1.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Why don't you simply shell out $5 or $10 and get a Sarin or Megascope report?
2.gif
1.gif

BTW, a GIA Diamond Grading Report for a
diamond 0.18 cts. to 0.22 cts. in size is $107.00 per stone.
1.gif
A 1ct should be about $170 plus inscription,if you want it. NOT so cheap.
eek.gif

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Agreed, Giangi, just wanted to point out that if someone specifically wanted the GIA numbers they could simply ante up and pay for them. It is interesting to me when I see 3rd party Sarin reports where the %s and measurements are different from the GIA report by a significant amount. The closer the diameter, depth, and table are to the actual report, the more confidence I have that the angles are close to what the GIA saw.

BTW the update fee is only 75% of the original report fee.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results