shape
carat
color
clarity

Saratoga Race Season Brides?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
So our hudson valley->catskill->wedding is now looking into the Saratoga/Scotia area of NY. We are nearly positive on our desired dates for 2010, and don''t yet have a venue. We are currently considering Glen Sanders, which is in Scotia NY, but also some pretty places that are still available in Saratoga Springs. One of the places insisted that hotels double in cost the month of August because of the race tracks and traffic is awful.

What''s a bride to do? Anyone have experience as a guest or bride in August in Saratoga? How did it go? Were the rooms all $300 a night? Is it really all booked a year and a half in advance?

We are concerned that when we get a venue, the hotels will already be booked.

AllieGator

Shiny_Rock
I haven''t been a bride up there, but I go to school near Saratoga, and it really is crazy there in the summer. What I would recommend would be staying someplace around Saratoga, like Clifton Park or even Albany, although that''s a bit of a drive at 45 minutes. You won''t have to pay the crazy Saratoga prices, but you''ll still be pretty close.

Saratoga is beautiful, I think that area would be lovely for a wedding. Good luck!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Alliegator. I have never lived in the area, but my parents retired up that way. So it is a little hard to get a handle on what the scene is like. It is useful to hear that you think the town is actually on the busier side.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
This is honestly the reason why we are having a September wedding after labor day. Not only are the prices insane but the traffic. Don''t forget coming from where we are it takes like 4 1/2 hours to get to Albany from the city sometimes because of the traffic. One time it took me 10 hours to get to lake placid but that was also on the fourth of July.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Good point EM1. Aiy. I think picking the venue has to be the most frustrating part. Especially since it isn''t completed for me
20.gif

dunkicks

Rough_Rock

I haven''t been a bride up there, but I go to school near Saratoga, and it really is crazy there in the summer. What I would recommend would be staying someplace around Saratoga, like Clifton Park or even Albany, although that''s a bit of a drive at 45 minutes. You won''t have to pay the crazy Saratoga prices, but you''ll still be pretty close.

Saratoga is beautiful, I think that area would be lovely for a wedding. Good luck!
41.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 12:24:50 PM
Author: dunkicks

41.gif

Uh, you may want to remove your signature file. I''m pretty sure unless you are a paid advertiser here you can''t post stuff like that You are bound to get reported and banned.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results