shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire Ring Picked Up!

jbell14

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all the great advice on purchasing my sapphire, I dropped it off to be set two weeks ago. As a recap, it’s a right hand ring for our 10 yr. wedding anniversary.

Just picked it up today and am in love with the proportions, but am on the fence about the double prongs. Haven’t had it for more than 3 hours, so no time to get great shots of it. It’s such a pretty stone, bright an velvety in real life (tough to capture on phone) and the sides are really lovely with it. Just curious about whether or not the prongs on the sapphire stand out to anyone else?

DCC17E39-C079-4CAB-BAA4-1BD7D2916B5E.jpeg
D2C2A006-4797-4895-84E9-E3B1BF492350.jpeg

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, they do look a bit chunky imo, but you do you! Pretty sapphire!

jbell14

Rough_Rock
Yeah, they do look a bit chunky imo, but you do you! Pretty sapphire!

Thank you! I’m so picky about prongs, so of course I can’t stop wondering if I just should have done a single claw...

ean

Brilliant_Rock
I feel like the prongs stick out a little bit too much. But I love this nonetheless!

Laurainthesky

Shiny_Rock
Your sapphire is very well protected! That's not a bad thing especially if you plan on wearing it regularly.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
I think the double prong looks good, maybe get them reshaped to point? I don't know what the name of the style of prong is...

jbell14

Rough_Rock
Your sapphire is very well protected! That's not a bad thing especially if you plan on wearing it regularly.

I did think the same thing. I hope to wear it most days and for that reason appreciated that o won’t have to worry about the corners!

jbell14

Rough_Rock
So, I guess mine is not unlike many of the others I’ve seen online, and maybe the prongs are just jumping out at me bc it’s a colored stone and the prongs tend to disappear more on a white diamond?

These were all rings I liked and I’m noticing they have bigger prongs too?

3589F766-CEAE-4434-92F3-3CC8875FE3EC.png 9B332B73-7A22-41A9-9A8E-E32DDB495790.png
DD76EC30-298B-4E08-8468-060724A23ECA.png

jbell14

Rough_Rock
I think the double prong looks good, maybe get them reshaped to point? I don't know what the name of the style of prong is...

I thought about this too. Maybe if they were more claw-like I’d not notice it as much.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a gorgeous ring, perhaps ask them to shape the claws a bit more pointy claw like?

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I would ask them to shave down the prongs a bit. You don’t have to make them claws if you like the rounded look.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It has a vintage vibe for an otherwise tailored-looking center stone (very crisp and geometric). I think it helps tie the stones together; your examples after did not show round diamond side stones and I think it can be challenge to get them to not fight with a N/S emerald-cut.

jbell14

Rough_Rock
I would ask them to shave down the prongs a bit. You don’t have to make them claws if you like the rounded look.

This is a great idea. I like the claws, and I wonder if they could do that without removing the stone?

jbell14

Rough_Rock
It has a vintage vibe for an otherwise tailored-looking center stone (very crisp and geometric). I think it helps tie the stones together; your examples after did not show round diamond side stones and I think it can be challenge to get them to not fight with a N/S emerald-cut.

Great point! I didn’t realize that I wasn’t grabbing pictures of round sides.

What does N/S mean?? ;-)

They do stand out but in a good way to me! Adds a vintage vibe, which I adore. But is that the look you were going for?

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
Personally I really love the double prongs. Keep in mind the bright-shiny brand-new look will take on a more subtle brushed look with wear and be less noticeable.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results