shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire ring but was told it’s a Tanzanite

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry:( that's dissapointing that it might be BE treated.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a pretty ring and to get an idea of it's selling value search Ebay for similar rings that have been sold. Just keep in mind that a jeweler will give you scrap gold price if he/she just doesn't want to buy the ring. A lot of brick and mortar stores keep a low inventory so they are not in the market to buy rings to resell unless it is an item that they know they can sell fast at a nice profit. As an example I had a jeweler offer me $700 for a diamond ring. The next jeweler offered me $3500. One jeweler wanted the ring, the other did not.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
It's a pretty ring and to get an idea of it's selling value search Ebay for similar rings that have been sold. Just keep in mind that a jeweler will give you scrap gold price if he/she just doesn't want to buy the ring. A lot of brick and mortar stores keep a low inventory so they are not in the market to buy rings to resell unless it is an item that they know they can sell fast at a nice profit. As an example I had a jeweler offer me $700 for a diamond ring. The next jeweler offered me $3500. One jeweler wanted the ring, the other did not.
Great advice @LisaRN

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I took the ring to a certified appraiser. They determined that it is a genuine sapphire that has possibly been treated with beryllium but I would need a lab report for confirmation.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe an appraiser would be unlikely to have the equipment required to detect beryllium treatment. Maybe he was just being very conservative?

I've seen Be treated and untreated yellow sapphires next to each other, and the only difference was price!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe an appraiser would be unlikely to have the equipment required to detect beryllium treatment. Maybe he was just being very conservative?

I've seen Be treated and untreated yellow sapphires next to each other, and the only difference was price!
Some be-diffusion can be Identified with standard gemological equipment, but some needs a mass spectrometer.

Stardustglow

Rough_Rock

They didn’t know for sure if it was treated with beryllium. Just that it could have been treated with it but lab report would be needed to confirm.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results