shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire Heart Engagment Ring

ScarletRpsdy

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! First time poster here. Awhile back, my fiancé and I took a chance and purchased a blue heart-shaped sapphire for my engagement ring. We're still waiting for it to arrive from overseas, but while it does, I'm hoping to ask for some setting inspiration from you guys! My fiancé is leaving this up to me, which is a bad idea because I have no idea how I am going to set this haha! My only requirement is for the metal to be platinum/white gold. Everyone seems to like Victor Canera or David Klass, but I would like to have a design before approaching them. All input would be much welcomed!

_969.jpeg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
God I really loved that stone!

Are you thinking halo? Three stone? Solitaire? Diamonds just in the shank? There are a lot of directions we can go but I need to know where you're leaning

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi!
Congrats on getting engaged and how romantic that your ER will be with a heart shaped stone.
I recently set a heart shaped ruby with a thin halo and a matching wedding band..
Just one idea.. many other lovely ones to choose from for sure!

img_10001.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a pic of my ruby rings, two of them hearts:

rubyrings01.jpg

I would say the smaller heart in the 3-stone setting is more practical for day to day wear; and the larger heart in a halo is one for more formal occasions.

Thanks for sharing the pic of the sapphire, as I love hearts.

DK :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually like the NSC three stone with heart sides. The right proportions really seems to flatter that.

heart-blue-sapphire-ring.jpg

ScarletRpsdy

Rough_Rock
Niel: initially I was thinking of just a solitaire, but after looking at everyone's suggestions, I think I would like a three-stone or a halo! I definitely like the NSC setting!

Rubies-R-Me: I LOVE how your haloed ruby looks! I definitely don't want anything too blingy, but diamond halo is just the right size - understated, but still sparkly! Not sure if I want the band to have diamonds too, or just the halo.

DK: you're very welcome! I will keep you all posted on the development of my ring, with many pictures :)

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Three stone :love: is in my opinion a more wearable option than an halo and side pave can be very irritating on the skin on the opposing fingers

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ScarletRpsdy|1449208724|3957316 said:
Niel: initially I was thinking of just a solitaire, but after looking at everyone's suggestions, I think I would like a three-stone or a halo! I definitely like the NSC setting!

Rubies-R-Me: I LOVE how your haloed ruby looks! I definitely don't want anything too blingy, but diamond halo is just the right size - understated, but still sparkly! Not sure if I want the band to have diamonds too, or just the halo.

DK: you're very welcome! I will keep you all posted on the development of my ring, with many pictures :)

You can always do a pain band with a diamond halo very princess do.

I also love that three stone look even more than I thought I would! Lol.

What are the dimensions of your heart??

Would you describe your girlfriend as someone who would like a lot of "bling" or no

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 3 stone heart ring is so different, yet not overly feminine in spite of it being all hearts! Being a 3 stone, there is good finger coverage, blingy but not too flashy, and it is very wearable (no worries about melees falling out). I love it!

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not a huge fan of hearts but do really like that NSC setting. Really makes the center heart look elegant! I'd definitely go for something like that. :)

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for the three stone! It's a very timeless classy look for an ering.

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Scarletr best wishes on your engagement! The heart shaped sapphire is lovely. I also like the 3 heart design from nsc. Didnt know pave could chafe neighboring fingers so that's something to think about. RubiesRme your ring looks beautiful on your hand. I imagine it makes driving a tad more dangerous. I still admire my rings at red lights. (Honk, honk) :doh:

ScarletRpsdy

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much for your suggestions!! I recieved the stone yesterday and promptly took it out to examine it under the sunshine. Much to my dismay, my inspection yielded two nicks in the girdle. They were large enough to be seen by the eye and weren't previously mentioned in its description. I immediately messaged the seller and he was very apologetic and offered to pay for a cutter to fix it. I approached my fiancé with this idea, but my fiancé is imagining some terrible catastrophe in which the gem accidentally sustains further damage or loses its symmetry. The seller offered to find us a cutter near us so I'm sure he'll find someone reputable, but poor fiancé is still concerned. We will mull over our options and keep you all updated.

Here's some pictures so you know what I'm talking about.

_1002.jpeg

_1003.jpeg

_1004.jpeg

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wordie89.. thank you for your sweet ring compliment! :love:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ScarletRpsdy|1449342366|3957946 said:
Thank you all so much for your suggestions!! I recieved the stone yesterday and promptly took it out to examine it under the sunshine. Much to my dismay, my inspection yielded two nicks in the girdle. They were large enough to be seen by the eye and weren't previously mentioned in its description. I immediately messaged the seller and he was very apologetic and offered to pay for a cutter to fix it. I approached my fiancé with this idea, but my fiancé is imagining some terrible catastrophe in which the gem accidentally sustains further damage or loses its symmetry. The seller offered to find us a cutter near us so I'm sure he'll find someone reputable, but poor fiancé is still concerned. We will mull over our options and keep you all updated.

Here's some pictures so you know what I'm talking about.

First of all, congratulations on your engagement!! :appl:

The sapphire has a beautiful color and shape - I can see why you chose it. That's too bad about the nicks in the girdle - keep in mind that it may potentially lose a little weight/size if repolished/recut. In any case, I would definitely get it fixed (at the very least, so it's "mind clean" and it won't be weighing constantly on your mind) or return it and keep looking. Apart from the nicks in the girdle, do you LOVE everything else about the stone? From my personal experience it is costly in the long run to "settle" if you don't 100% love the stone / setting, because you end up with paying more for upgrades further down the road. :lol: :oops:

Good luck with your decision!

PS - I got your email and will send you a reply soon. :angel:

hay joe

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement. To me this ring is a very nice. I believe it is owned by Rubyshoes. I hope she is ok with me posting her picture.

rubyshoes1__2_.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results