shape
carat
color
clarity

San Francisco Proposal Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

schowtyme

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I''m going to San Francisco on Jan 15th and I plan to propose while I''m there but I''m really nervous and want it to be special. PS was a huge help getting the ring, now I just need a little advice on the proposal itself. I read through a few of the similar older topics like this and I think I have narrowed it down to 3 choices, but I''m open to suggestions.

1. I have already booked a dinner/dance cruise that I hope will be very romantic and I had sorta planned on doing it then. Well, I thought about it some more and I''m not sure there will be any place private on the boat to do this. I thought maybe we could take a walk on the deck and find a spot there but there will probably be tons of people out there and it will probably be freezing this time of year
3.gif
So that is one option.

2. I read that the Japanese tea garden is supposed to be beautiful and I like the idea of a romantic little setting for just the two of us. Also, the Golden Gate bridge is near by so maybe on the bridge?

3. We''re taking a bus tour (yeah I know but couldn''t afford too much else after the ring) to the Muir Woods and then to a few wineries in the Napa and Sonoma valleys. I thought maybe a little picnic here wood be nice (read a post about this idea), but I have no idea which wineries we are going to or how long we will have there. Also, this is towards the end of the trip and I wanted to do it towards the beginning...

Any thoughts on these three ideas? If they don''t sound good should I do something else (Coit Tower, Twin Peaks, etc.) ?
Thanks for all the help in advance
2.gif

caligal

Shiny_Rock
What does your heart tell you she would like the best? I like the tea garden the very best. Make it special to the two of you- bring back memories of dating and you can''t go wrong!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I think the bridge would have too much of a traffic feel, and certainly would not be very private. The tea gardens are beautiful and would have lots of quiet spots -- I like that idea. The bus trip may be too hard to control and plan for. There is a revolving restaurant /bar with beautiful views on the top of the Hyatt Embarcadero -- that might be nice if you want a restaurant or bar setting. San Francisco has lots of scenic spots -- I agree with Caligal that you should pick the one that feels right for the two of you.

schowtyme

Rough_Rock
lop, I think you''re right about the bridge having a "traffic" feel, I never really thought of that but I don''t want someone honking in the background
3.gif

Thanks caligal, I also think the Tea Gardens would be nice, just wanted an opinion from someone who had actually been there because I have no idea what these places are actually like.
2.gif

I think she''d be happy with any of them, so I think I''ll end up carrying around the box in my jacket and just going for it when the time feels right... either way I don''t really want to try to plan it out too much and have it feel rehearsed or anything.

Thanks for all the insight, now to ask her dad for his blessing... He''s a great guy and we really get along well but how do you start that phone conversation?
32.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results