shape
carat
color
clarity

San Diego PSers -- need jeweller recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
My next project is a diamond solitaire pendant of approximately one carat. I am sure I will buy the stone online, but am have trouble choosing a setting. Can you recommend good places in San Diego to try on a variety of pendant styles? I am trying to choose between a stationery bezel or 4 prong setting, or a 4 prong "slider" setting (this would be the most versatile for switching chain lengths if I can just find one with a bail I like). When we were looking for my e-ring setting, it was very awkward since we had purchased the diamond online.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Have you tried Jessop''s Jewelers or Harold Stevens? What about Coin Mart? Those are my favorite shops.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Hi Researcher,

I haven''t tried any of those yet, but Harold Stevens is a few blocks from my office, so I''ll try there first. Thanks for the recommendations.

How do you usually handle the internet diamond dilemma when shopping with local jewelers?

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Researcher,

Will we go to one of those two store for our "diamond hang out"? Kay, if your time permits would you also like to join us on the 29th?

zhuzhu

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2006 3:37:16 AM
Author: zhuzhu
Researcher,

Will we go to one of those two store for our ''diamond hang out''? Kay, if your time permits would you also like to join us on the 29th?

zhuzhu
Zhuzhu, I am hoping to join you on the 29th. I am currently down as a maybe because DH and I had discussed going out of town that weekend, but that is seeming less likely. I would love to meet some PS-ers in person. (Most of my offline friends just don''t understand the jewelery obsession.)

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2006 4:27:37 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Oh my stars! Go see Jeff Martin at John Franklin Jewelers, he''s off Balboa Avenue. I LOVE HIM! He worked with me to create my engagement ring. I love his work. He''s wonderful, VERY HONEST which is incredibly important to me and has VERY fair prices. John Franklin Jewelers

I am having him make my diamond pendant. He''s fabulous. I can''t tell you enough about him.. seriously. Just stay out of Old Town for jewelers..
14.gif
San Diego Lady,

What kind of pendant are you having him make? Did you get the diamond at John Franklin or elsewhere? I''d love to see it if you have it by the 29th.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results