shape
carat
color
clarity

Sample of Missjaxon''s DIY Invitations!

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
I am in the process of designing our wedding invitations and here is my sample that I put together. It has been a lot of fun, but I know it is going to be a lot of work assembling all of these beauties. Just wanted to share! I am very excited about them. Also they may not be cut exactly straight in the sample as all I had on me were scissors and the actual inserts are being cut properly by the printers.
2.gif

missjinvitesample.jpg

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
These are gorgeous! I love the design!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
They look great!!! Excellent work!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
those are beautiful!

ahhh, the joys of the DIY invite...i''m breaking it down bit by bit. for example, i cut the envelope liners, took a break, now i''m lining the envelopes, then another break, then address the envelope, break, assemble invites (ours aren''t pocketfold, so not as intense as yours), break, etc, etc, till they''re in the mailbox.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Those are very pretty and elegant, I love the color combo!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those will be gorgeous MissJ!! Take the project in bite-sized pieces though, like lulu mentioned, so you don''t stress and really enjoy it
9.gif

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
those invitations do not look like DIYs! they are absolutely beautiful!!!

how did you make the pattern on the top of the invitation? i am making my own invitations too and hope and pray they will look as beautiful as yours!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!! Have fun - I just LOVE projects!!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

Are you having the printing done and then assembling them or are you printing yourself too? Where did you get your supplies? Did it come as a kit or did you get things separately? If you are printing them yourself, did you have to get a special printer?

ETA: sorry for all of the questions. Your invitations are beautiful and just the sort of thing I''ve been looking at (and wondering all of the little DIY details).

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/21/2010 2:29:02 PM
Author: sweetpea&babycorn
those invitations do not look like DIYs! they are absolutely beautiful!!!

how did you make the pattern on the top of the invitation? i am making my own invitations too and hope and pray they will look as beautiful as yours!

Awww thank you ladies, you are all so sweet!

Sweetpea -My SIL is a graphic designer and so she custom made the design at the top of the invitations to match my STD magnets and wedding website. I am thrilled with what she has done.
9.gif
Thank you so much for the compliment, I look forward to seeing yours.

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Yssie! That is a great tip and exactly what I am planning to do. This is just a sample that I made to get the look of it all and from here on out it will be step by step until it is done. I also have my sister and Momma to help.
2.gif

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/21/2010 2:36:12 PM
Author: TooPatient
Beautiful!

Are you having the printing done and then assembling them or are you printing yourself too? I am having the printing done and then assembling them myself.

Where did you get your supplies? I am going to post all the info once they are done as well, but I got the pocketfolds from Cardsandpockets.com, and the cardstock is just a basic textured cardstock that I picked up from WalMart in a small package just to get an idea of what it will look like. The glitter is from the Martha Stuart glitter collection from Michael''s.

Did it come as a kit or did you get things separately? I bought everything separately.

If you are printing them yourself, did you have to get a special printer? What you see in the picture is just printed on my HP Photo laser printer, but the rest of printing will be done by a printing company.

ETA: sorry for all of the questions. Your invitations are beautiful and just the sort of thing I''ve been looking at (and wondering all of the little DIY details).

I don''t mind answering any questions at all, I know that I learned a lot from many of the lovely ladies here on PS and I am more then happy to share anything I can. Thank you so much, I have really enjoyed playing with the look of the invitations and am pretty excited now to start putting them together!
3.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Those look awesome!!!

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
I am usually somewhat underwhelmed by invitations.
But yours made me sit up and take notice.
They are stunning.

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much ladies! I will post the finished invites and all of the information with them once I am done.
9.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!
36.gif

Lori

Pantss

Rough_Rock
Jaxon,

These are ABSOLUTELY gorgeous! They do NOT look like DIY Invites at all. WOW. They are stunning!!! Beautiful colors too. How classy!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results