Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Salon/Spa tipping?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
FI got me a gift certificate for a half day at the salon/spa and I have my appointment set for tomorrow morning! I''m so excited, but I have no idea what I''m supposed to do about tipping
. I''ve never been to a day (or is it "de") spa or any spa before. I imagine I''ll be seeing a bunch of different people. Do I tip them all? Do I do one big tip at the end? Is a tip included in a spa package? Help!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would ask at the desk beforehand what the appropriate way to do it is. When I see different people at my salon I just leave tips at the front desk for them all at the end in little envelopes. I do tip the big players and I usually tip between 10-20% of the service, depending on how good it was.

Some places also will let you leave a bigger tip and then split it themselves, but it isn''t as common I don''t think.

Have a great time! I am so jealous!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 10:51:02 PM
Author:robbie3982
FI got me a gift certificate for a half day at the salon/spa and I have my appointment set for tomorrow morning! I''m so excited, but I have no idea what I''m supposed to do about tipping
. I''ve never been to a day (or is it ''de'') spa or any spa before. I imagine I''ll be seeing a bunch of different people. Do I tip them all? Do I do one big tip at the end? Is a tip included in a spa package? Help!
This is probably what I would do. Also, when you are checking out, you could just ask them to add 15% and give it to the person who provided your service. I usually do that because I don''t want to think about how much to leave, and then i stress whether I left too much, or too little...and who wants to stress after being at the spa!!! ENJOY and RELAX!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Style File: Emma Watson
    Style File: Emma Watson
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.