shape
carat
color
clarity

safety of a bar set diamond in an eternity ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sarafina

Rough_Rock
i''ve been perusing eternity rings since my last post (thanks for the info, guys) and i''m wondering how those of you with bar set rings think your diamonds fare. they are beautiful, but do they hold the diamonds securely? (oh, and FYI, i''ve given up on the idea of wearing an eternity ring to the stables...thanks for the reality check!!!)

thanks in advance.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I have a half eternity bar set from SP that I have been wearing for about a year. So far so good. I work with my hands and I''ve bumped my ring quite a few times at work, but they seem secure. I wear them all the time, except when cleaning the bathroom and taking a shower.

BZ

Rough_Rock
sarafina

I''m not sure if this will answer your question or not. My original wedding band is a 5 stone bar set (14 kt yellow gold) ring. I wore it everyday for ten years without any problems. The diamonds were approx .20 ct each and I never had one come loose.

I have since had the ring sized down and rhodium plated (so I can wear it with a new engagment ring). Still waiting for it to come back.

I don''t know how bar set would work for a full eternity band, but I would definately go with a partial without worrying about it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results