shape
carat
color
clarity

safe to wear ering in Mexico?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Hey guys!
I don''t know if this is silly of me to even ask...I have never been worried about wearing my ering anywear, but I was told by someone, not to take it to Nueva Vallarta with me.
I know that it will be ok on the resort proerty but what about walking around out in the town??
We are leaving tomorrow at the bu## crack of dawn, so any quick adviice would be great...

oh, and yes, they are insured.
41.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i wouldn''t. it''s not about the rings being insured but the target that they represent in general. i just wouldn''t do it.
besides, you won''t be able to haggle any good deals if you''re dripping in diamonds!
31.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I was on the opposite coast last summer...near Tulum. I didn''t wear my ering. I got a plain silver band and wore that instead. Looking back, I probably would have been fine with my ering, but better safe than sorry.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Insurance or not, I would not wear it. I did not wear my engagement ring on my honeymoon 11 years ago to Bermuda. I felt much safer without it and did not have to worry about swimming, leaving the resort, etc.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
that''s how I figure it too, I just don''t wanna get my finger chopped off for it. Not that mine is nothing that huge but I just don''t want to give a reason to get it swiped.

Do you think it would be ok to just wear the (diamond) band and no ering???

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m going to mexico this summer and my rings are staying at home. I''ll be wearing a plain band around town. I personally just don''t think it''s worth the risk, I can part with my rings for a few days.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t. When I was around 22, I worked at an auto shop in Texas. We had a guy from Mexico who helped out the mechanics. I had always put rings on lay-a-way at my jeweler''s from my summer jobs, and I had a lot of them. (mostly colored gemstone and diamond) they were not but a few hundred dollars apiece but nevertheless they were hard-earned. Joe told me not to ever wear them to Mexico. He said someone would cut my fingers off to get them, and they would stand out because I always wore a few at a time. I have never forgotten that ever.

I just would not take the chance.

shay

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Does you watch Nip/Tuck on FX? There was an episode with Rosie O''Donnel guest starting and she was coming in for a fake ear because she was "ear jacked" in her words. In the show, she was wearing very expensive earrings in a vacation country (I can''t rememeber what country) and some theives cut off her ear to steal the earring. Now that show is fiction but I thought, wow that could really happen!

And yes, like others have mentioned fingers do get cut off for rings. I won''t even wear my engagement ring traveling unless I''m going to stay in a friends home in a safe area. But I''m paranoid about that kind of stuff.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Sophie, I just got back from there, and I wore a sterling silver band & silver hoops. They already scope you out for timeshares, etc, if you are wearing jewelry, etc. you are even more of a mark. Tourists are targets.

HTH

and enjoy your trip!

jeannine

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
first, if the resort has a safe in the room or at the front desk, you could always leave it on excursions. Neuvo Vallarta is pretty mellow, I was there in March. Puerto is the bigger city, Neuvo has marinas and stuff...a little more sedate. But if you are at all concerned it is best to leave it, no need to be worried. I have left my ring home before, and I have also worn it, so it is hard to say which is best, since it really depends on so many factors...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results