shape
carat
color
clarity

sad story; hope it helps someone else

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m writing this only because there have been recent posts regarding spousal abuse, its consequences, and what one can do and not do as a friend and/or relative.

i rec''d a call this a.m. from my daughter. a good friend of her''s is in the hospital with staples holding her head together and a broken neck. her 2 year old is dead.

there is a history of abuse. he just got out of jail wednesday. the calls started immediately. she ended up agreeing to go on trip to the snow so he could have time with his son. returning home on thursday afternoon he slammed into a rock hillside claiming he was avoiding a deer. another adult in the car says there wasn''t one....but that he was high.

after years of abuse, she was making progress in the last 6 months as far as getting away from him. however, she gave him that one more chance to be together as a family. her sister says the realization that she gave him one too many chances has sunk in as she lays in the hospital bed........

yes, accidents do happen. but the more one is around an abusive person, the more the chances increase of that accident happening.

for those that participated in the other threads, please pass this story on to the one you are concerned about. perhaps it will be a much needed wake up call.

movie zombie

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, how sad! That poor woman.

What happened to the boyfriend?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh how tragic.
15.gif
I am at a loss for words. Hopefully this story can help someone who reads it. Or will help someone that knows of someone going through a similar situation. Thanks for posting this MZ.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
he was thrown from the vehicle and severed something in his wrist. not sure about his other injuries as i actually don''t care.

the others were trapped until help arrived. as mom lays in the hospital bed the only consolation she has is that there was not a lingering death for her child as she says the 2 year old died upon impact.

i can''t even begin to imagine the horror of being trapped in a vehicle with my dead child who i watched go from life to death and so injured i can''t move. the mental scars will be long lasting.

movie zombie

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
SO SO Sad
8.gif
My heart aches for the family.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gutwrenching and a very important story to remember in case one of us, or someone we know, is ever debating, "should I say something...or not?" Just devastating.
15.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
How absolutely horrible
15.gif
39.gif

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry to hear about this. I can''t even imagine -- the emotional pain must far surpass the physical pain. My heart goes out to that poor woman -- and I hope boyfriend was tested for dope or whatever and charged.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
This is so sad, I feel so terrible for all the pain this lady is going through. I can''t even imagine.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
That''s so sad and horrible, I wonder if they''ll ever know the truth about what really happened? That story just breaks my heart! Makes me love and appreciate my husband for what a good father he is.

I recently started a thread about my girlfriend and her problems, and fortunately (thank goodness) things are going well for them . They''re in marriage counseling, and he''s also going on his own. They also found out that they are expecting their first baby, so I think that has really given them the incentive to change their pattern. He acts different around me, so I know she told him that I''m aware of what''s going on...but we''ve spent some time with them and it''s not as uncomfortable as I thought! And, I think it''s good that he knows that it''s not a big secret anymore.

She''s asked me to be her "stand-in" labor coach...

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a sad, sad story. I am so sorry for your friend - I can''t begin to imagine what she is going through. I guess she will need your friendship and support more than ever now.

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/3/2006 10:22:58 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
What a sad, sad story. I am so sorry for your friend - I can''t begin to imagine what she is going through. I guess she will need your friendship and support more than ever now.

MGR has it right. What a wrenching story.

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Oh gawd...what a tragedy.

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
38.gif
The wrong person died in that ''accident''.

I''m truly saddened to read such an awful story. I cannot imagine the horror, suffering and pain your daughter''s friend has and is going through. My heart bleeds for her. My prayers go out to her.

I truly hope this is a wake-up call to other victims of abuse.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
update:

she is legally separated and only had weeks before the divorce would have been final.

he was driving with a suspended license and has been charged with a DUI.
he had one hour of surgery yesterday for his wrist.
upon being released from hospital, he will be placed into the county jail charged with volunary manslaughter.

she had 7 hours of surgery yesterday and just prior got to tell her 5 year old that his brother is dead.
she can be charged with child endangerment as she knew his license was suspended.

movie zombie

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! My prayers for her and her living child! such a horrible lesson.
8.gif
38.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results