shape
carat
color
clarity

Sad, sad day in wedding shoe land...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jeg80

Rough_Rock
My first bridal section post is a very sad one
7.gif

It was on here that I fell in love with Meresal''s Christian Louboutin''s...obsessed wold be more like it. I have been searching and searching for used ones in a 7.5 b/c that''s really the only way I could afford them. I FINALLY found them in my size being sold by someone who wore them for 5 hours for her wedding. They came today AND ARE TOO SMALL
23.gif

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
How small are we talking? Is there any way you could take them to a cobbler to have them stretched? Or is it just NOT gonna happen?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Ohh, no. I''m so sorry.

What size did she send you? 37.5?

jeg80

Rough_Rock
She did send me a 37.5. They are too small in that my toe goes over the end about 1-2 mm and they are immediate blister inducing on pinky toes
7.gif

My little sister told me to "suck it up" and wear them! haha If I can''t find a size 38 anywhere I may just have to!

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/18/2009 6:14:35 AM
Author: jeg80
She did send me a 37.5. They are too small in that my toe goes over the end about 1-2 mm and they are immediate blister inducing on pinky toes
7.gif

My little sister told me to ''suck it up'' and wear them! haha If I can''t find a size 38 anywhere I may just have to!

Little sister knows best! Suck it up!!!!! :0) Beauty is pain... or so I hear LOL

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2009 6:14:35 AM
Author: jeg80
7.gif

My little sister told me to 'suck it up' and wear them! haha If I can't find a size 38 anywhere I may just have to!
What month are you getting married (as in, will the warm weather be making your feet expand?) and do you live near a Niemen Marcus?

jeg80

Rough_Rock
I'm getting married in October in the Adirondacks. I'm in Rochester NY, so no Niemen Marcus near me, but my brother lives in NYC and could probably pick something up for me. I've been online looking but Barney's seems to be the only place that still has them and only in size 10 and 11. It may sound silly (since they are only shoes) but this is really making me sad. Perhaps you understand my disappointment Meresal since you know how devine hey are in person. I have ALWAYS been a 7.5 in heels (even needed a 7 for shoes I wore last month in my sisters wedding) so I don't see how they don't fit...BOO
7.gif

ETA: congrats on the baby Meresal
1.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!

I had some friends take my shoes to Niemens, the DAY OF my wedding, to have the ball area stretched out. They put a vice type thing in there and stretch it out, and then let the shoes sit for a couple of hours.

I would call a few cobblers around your area to see if they have one of these, that you can at least try... it really helped me alot. However, I didn't have a problem with my toes going over the edge. That does make it sound like the shoes are simply too small.

There is a CL store in NYC, if you decide to go the route of just buying new ones. I know just how you feel. These things in person, give you the most amazing feeling. I can't imagine having them in my grasp and knowing that they aren't just perfect yet.

You'll figure it out! You still have quite a while for it all to come together!

jeg80

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the cobbler suggestion...I will definitely try that before I do anything else. They are really tight in the ball area, and if they loosen that would DEFINITELY help with the baby-toe-blister-issue! I tried them on in the evening too, and then again after working out so I will try agian tomorrow morning before doing anything and see if that helps too. My feet do tend to swell after work or a workout so we shall see! Maybe we will have to get married at 7am before they swell!
9.gif

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
That is so disappointing! CLs do have a tendency to run small. I would suggest that you sell the pair you have on Ebay or Craigslist if possible, then use the money to find a pair of 38s.

Because they are satin, I honestly don't think they will stretch the way that leather does (I bought my very first pair in my actual size, but was able to have them stretched due to them being leather).

I send you hugs, those shoes are gorgeous, but you shouldn't be any more uncomfortable than absolutely necessary during your wedding!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I also found that wearing some hose made it easier to get my foot in and out, and much more comfortable while wearing them. They helped ALOT, but once I had them stretched out, with the hose on, it was too much room.

I got the ones that have the toe area chopped off, so that it doesn''t look like you are wearing hose, and can still see your pretty toes!

jeg80

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the hugs (need those as not very many people are sympathetic towards my shoe obsession
31.gif
) and the hose suggestion. I will try that out too! You girls are the best
36.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Would you be open to gold? Barney''s has a pair in 38 ON CLEARANCE!

Go buy them!

jeg80

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the suggestion Katamari. I definitely wouldn''t get gold, but I have thought about the black ones that they have in a 38. It''s just not the same as the ivory I have my heart set on though...but I really appreciate you taking the time to tell me about them
1.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
jeg, get the gold and have a cobbler dye them a color you would prefer!

eta, not sure if metallic leather would dye well. You could investigate. I thought the gold were satin when I replied. Good luck!! Keep an eye on eBay and Bonanzle for sure.

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
are you in the NYC area? check out Leather Spa. they specialize in designer shoes. they could stretch it out for you. HTH!

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
have you been to neiman marcus and seen if they can get them in from another store. I''m in atlanta and saw a pair in ivory on sale here. I was most likely in the 8-8.5 aisle, because CL run small and narrow. i''m usually a 7.5 medium width and a lot of CLs just won''t fit. Please go and have the sales associate look in the computer, because it is a different system than online. also www.net-a-porter.com carries CLs.

bee

Rough_Rock
Lala2332, I''m in Atlanta too and I love the CL''s. Do you happen to know how much they were at Neimans @ Phipps.

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
bee---no idea how much they were, or if they are still there.

and neiman's is at lenox, saks and nordstrom are at phipps.

jeg80

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the suggestions! I think at this point I''m going to have the toe box stretched (like Meresal did) professionally and most likely suck it up on my wedding day!!! I have called and looked everywhere for a 38 and I just can''t find them
7.gif
These shoes are so amazing though I''m willing to take the pain for an hour
11.gif

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
Roller Derby skaters use this Tarrago stuff to paint their skates all kinds of colors, so it must cover pretty thoroughly. I saw it on Skatelog forum.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/shoeshinekit_2088_1829872

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results