shape
carat
color
clarity

Sad news, good news (yes, there is jewelry)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey everyone! Sad news first: my dear Daisy Mae has left this world. She passed on Memorial Day, right next to me on her old favorite spot on my bed. She lived a long, happy, spoiled life from the time she was 8 weeks old to nearly 16. When I say I loved my dear girl to death, I mean it. I drove 7 hours north to Wisconsin from Chicago in a blizzard (jackknifed trucks on the freeway and all) to pick her up, and she refused to stay anywhere in the car besides inside my coat against my chest the entire way back. Since then we were inseparable. Some veteran PSrs may remember her from this thread from 2006 (scroll through for the cutest puppy pics and musings from past members we haven't seen in a while!) I miss her so much, but it was her time. She was such a stitch; she protected my daughter and me from everything--basically squirrels and anything that moved--and lived for food in any form. In the past few years, I made her fresh baked chicken and rice/veggies every day. She ate better than many people, and I attribute her longevity to enjoying a healthy diet. Were there table scraps? Absolutely...you couldn't resist those eyes.

Somehow I've hit "post thread" before I was finished. Please see this post on Colored Stones for pics!

I randomly happened to be looking at the pre-loved section on Pricescope on the Friday before Daisy passed. Right away I noticed this ring for sale "yellow sapphire and emerald ring" and had to have it. I stashed it in my "wants" list and promptly forgot all about it...until Monday, Memorial Day. When Daisy was gone, I texted my brother to let him know so I could bring her down to the family property and bury her next to our other pets. I got myself together. Then I bought that ring...Daisy was born in September--sapphire birthstone. My daughter and I were both born in May--emerald birthstone. It was meant to be. So, it's a family ring now and symbolizes my dog, my daughter, and me. My daughter will obviously inherit it (or maybe sooner) and it was the sweetest touch to have a little sparkly to commemorate this year's happenings. I hit a milestone bday, my daughter also hit a milestone bday, and our beautiful Daisy retired to someplace I'm sure is peaceful, happy, and full of rabbits to chase.

Attachments

• IMG-5551.jpg
    IMG-5551.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 70
  • CC0CABB9-DD14-41C6-A730-94807CA46205_1_105_c.jpeg
    CC0CABB9-DD14-41C6-A730-94807CA46205_1_105_c.jpeg
    257.7 KB · Views: 79
  • C83E1DEB-638D-419F-B625-BDDEC8FE0729_1_105_c.jpeg
    C83E1DEB-638D-419F-B625-BDDEC8FE0729_1_105_c.jpeg
    724.2 KB · Views: 71
  • CAF93E2F-5759-4BE7-84E0-760A777EA5B0_1_105_c.jpeg
    CAF93E2F-5759-4BE7-84E0-760A777EA5B0_1_105_c.jpeg
    182.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 738D9C38-AF39-4E37-B886-9A9844A5E231.JPG
    738D9C38-AF39-4E37-B886-9A9844A5E231.JPG
    593.7 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@monarch64 very sorry for the loss of your fur baby. I hope your new to you ring brings you moments of happiness during this sad time.

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
So sorry to hear about your lovely Daisy Mae, @monarch64. I hope she is getting lots of yummy fresh baked chicken over the Rainbow Bridge as she waits for you to join her one day <3

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear about your lovely Daisy Mae, @monarch64. I hope she is getting lots of yummy fresh baked chicken over the Rainbow Bridge as she waits for you to join her one day <3

Thank you! Beagles are so prone to obesity later in life and I did my best to make sure she was well-fed but not over-fed. <3 She is surely enjoying whatever she wants now.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im.so sorry to read abour Daisy Mae
beagles are adorable
It sounds like she had the most wonderdul life and a loving caring old age which is a credit to her human mommy

The ring is beautiful and a worthy tribute to Daisy
I hope your pain at her loss is manageable and before long you are able to remember her with more smiles and laughter than tears
RIP Daisy Mae

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Farewell, sweet girl.
Your tribute made me go on a tour of my own little beings that I miss and love. Emotional now. It's a good ache, though.
Sweet girl, you were loved.
The ring is a beautiful tribute and wonderful serendipity.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im.so sorry to read abour Daisy Mae
beagles are adorable
It sounds like she had the most wonderdul life and a loving caring old age which is a credit to her human mommy

The ring is beautiful and a worthy tribute to Daisy
I hope your pain at her loss is manageable and before long you are able to remember her with more smiles and laughter than tears
RIP Daisy Mae

Thank you so much, @Daisys and Diamonds It's been a few years of losses as I am getting older, and sadness has unfortunately been way too prevalent in my life. Good thing jewelry helps a little bit. I miss her so much. I had been worrying over whether I should take her to the vet and have her euthanized OR let her go on her own terms. I tried to set the appointment but I got the vet's voicemail so I didn't. I'm glad it didn't go that way. She just sort of peacefully went when she was ready. I'm pretty sure she waited until my daughter had left with her father and she was alone with me. She was a very intelligent girl and she wouldn't have wanted to cause our kiddo any pain.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Farewell, sweet girl.
Your tribute made me go on a tour of my own little beings that I miss and love. Emotional now. It's a good ache, though.
Sweet girl, you were loved.
The ring is a beautiful tribute and wonderful serendipity.

Oh my goodness, thank you! I definitely went on my own tour tonight. Bittersweet but wonderful. We are so lucky to have experienced the love of our pets.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much, @Daisys and Diamonds It's been a few years of losses as I am getting older, and sadness has unfortunately been way too prevalent in my life. Good thing jewelry helps a little bit. I miss her so much. I had been worrying over whether I should take her to the vet and have her euthanized OR let her go on her own terms. I tried to set the appointment but I got the vet's voicemail so I didn't. I'm glad it didn't go that way. She just sort of peacefully went when she was ready. I'm pretty sure she waited until my daughter had left with her father and she was alone with me. She was a very intelligent girl and she wouldn't have wanted to cause our kiddo any pain.

Oh that's so sad
But much nicer than the vets

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry for your loss but love the ring you’ve bought to be a reminder of her.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry for your loss. It's nice you have something that reminds you of all the happy times you shared.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I'm very sorry for the loss of your sweet pooch. Healing vibes across the miles.

kind regards--Sharon

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
So sorry to hear about Daisy.
Celebrate the happy memories.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh. I’m so sorry for your loss. Daisy Mae must be enjoying every treat known to dog now, whenever she is ❤️

I went through your old thread. It’s bittersweet… To see those old photos - she was a PS baby from birth to the very end… Sometimes I’ll see old photos of pets I’ve lost now on here. But they’re happy photos, and eventually they make you genuinely smile rather than cry.

::HUGS::!!

Last edited:

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious Daisy Mae.

Your family ring is a beautiful memorial tribute. ❤

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
R.I.P., and it is hard to lose a beloved pet, so sorry for your loss.

DK :cry2:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry for your loss , Daisy Mae was such a sweetie pie!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry about sweet Daisy Mae. What a blessing that you had so much time together, though I know it wasn't nearly enough. I hope you'll take comfort in knowing that you gave her a long life full of love, adventures, and home-cooked food. She was surely the happiest little dog ever! And I love that this perfect-for-you ring materialized at exactly the right moment....it was meant to be. Hugs to you.

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone! Sad news first: my dear Daisy Mae has left this world. She passed on Memorial Day, right next to me on her old favorite spot on my bed. She lived a long, happy, spoiled life from the time she was 8 weeks old to nearly 16. When I say I loved my dear girl to death, I mean it. I drove 7 hours north to Wisconsin from Chicago in a blizzard (jackknifed trucks on the freeway and all) to pick her up, and she refused to stay anywhere in the car besides inside my coat against my chest the entire way back. Since then we were inseparable. Some veteran PSrs may remember her from this thread from 2006 (scroll through for the cutest puppy pics and musings from past members we haven't seen in a while!) I miss her so much, but it was her time. She was such a stitch; she protected my daughter and me from everything--basically squirrels and anything that moved--and lived for food in any form. In the past few years, I made her fresh baked chicken and rice/veggies every day. She ate better than many people, and I attribute her longevity to enjoying a healthy diet. Were there table scraps? Absolutely...you couldn't resist those eyes.

Somehow I've hit "post thread" before I was finished. Please see this post on Colored Stones for pics!

I randomly happened to be looking at the pre-loved section on Pricescope on the Friday before Daisy passed. Right away I noticed this ring for sale "yellow sapphire and emerald ring" and had to have it. I stashed it in my "wants" list and promptly forgot all about it...until Monday, Memorial Day. When Daisy was gone, I texted my brother to let him know so I could bring her down to the family property and bury her next to our other pets. I got myself together. Then I bought that ring...Daisy was born in September--sapphire birthstone. My daughter and I were both born in May--emerald birthstone. It was meant to be. So, it's a family ring now and symbolizes my dog, my daughter, and me. My daughter will obviously inherit it (or maybe sooner) and it was the sweetest touch to have a little sparkly to commemorate this year's happenings. I hit a milestone bday, my daughter also hit a milestone bday, and our beautiful Daisy retired to someplace I'm sure is peaceful, happy, and full of rabbits to chase.

I am so sorry for your loss of your little fur girl. I know you will continue to love and remember Daisy forever... and I believe Daisy will always be by your side as well.

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry . . .Daisy May was a lucky dog to have you as a human and you know how much more love was in your life because of her sweet presence.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so, so sorry @monarch64. Daisy is one of the sweetest and cutest dogs I have ever seen. I always loved seeing pictures of her throughout the years. I know you and your daughter will miss her terribly. Your new ring is beautiful and I love the meaning behind it. May it bring you some peace and comfort. Sending love and hugs, take care.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry for your loss @monarch64. Our furbabies are our families. I too remember the pictures you posted of your sweet girl. It was easy to see both your daughter and your love for Daisy.

The ring is beautiful and I love that it will always have special meaning for you.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so sorry @monarch64..She lived a good life with you. I love that she bonded with you from the beginning. She must have been in heaven and pure bliss driving home in your sweater. My heart goes out to you because unfortunately I know what it feels like to lose them.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear this, but I'm sure you have some beautiful memories of your time together.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Daisy Mae certainly had a wonderful life because of you. I grew up in WI, so your trek through that winter storm was borne by love! I’m so sorry she’s gone, but so happy you have a new little heart to love. What a great find in the ring that celebrates your sweet girl! Hugs and congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results