shape
carat
color
clarity

Rush Limbaugh

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
even if you do not like him.. you have to hand it to him..
This is not an attack on either political party.. one wants to conitunously cut their benefits while the others want to send them into battle.

By Rush Limbaugh:

I think the vast differences in compensation between victims of the September 11 casualty and those who die serving our country in Uniform are profound. No one is really talking about it either, because you just don''t criticize anything having to do with September 11. Well, I can''t let the numbers pass by because it says something really disturbing about the entitlement mentality of this country. If you lost a ! family member in the September 11 attack, you''re going to get an average of $1,185,000. The range is a minimum guarantee of $250,000, all the way up to $4.7 million.

If you are a surviving family member of an American soldier killed in action, the first check you get is a $6,000 direct death benefit, half of which is taxable.

Next, you get $1,750 for burial costs. If you are the surviving spouse, you get $833 a month until you remarry. And there''s a payment of $211 per month for each child under 18. When the child hits 18, those payments come to a screeching halt.

Keep in mind t! hat some of the people who are getting an average of $1.185 mi! llion up to $4.7 million are complaining that it''s not enough. Their deaths were tragic, but for most, they were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. Soldiers put themselves in harms way FOR ALL OF US, and they and their families know the dangers.

We also learned over the weekend that some of the victims from the Oklahoma City bombing have started an organization asking for the same deal that the September 11 families are getting. In addition to that, some of the families of those bombed in the embassies are now ! asking for compensation as well.

You see where this is going, don''t you? Folks, this is part and parcel of over 50 years of entitlement politics in this country. It''s just really sad. Every time a pay raise comes up for the military, they usually receive next to nothing of a raise. Now the green machine is in combat in the Middle East while their families have to survive on food stamps and live in low-rent housing. Make sense?

However, our own U.S. Congress voted themselves a raise. Many of you don''t know that they only have to be in Congress one time to receive a pension that is more than $15,000 per month. And most are now equal to being millionaires plus. They do not receive Social Security on retirement because they didn''t have to pay into the system.

If some of the military people stay in for 20 years and get out a! s an E-7, they may receive a pension of $1,000 per month, and the very people who placed them in harm''s way receives a pension of $15,000 per month.

I would like to see our elected officials pick up a weapon and join ranks before they start cutting out benefits and lowering pay for our sons and daughters who are now fighting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AND TO ADD MY THOUGHT.  IT''S TIME WE TOOK A SECOND LOOK AT WHAT

WE MEAN BY HERO.  JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE A FIREMAN OR A POLICEMAN

DOESN''T MAKE YOU A HERO...JUST LOOK AT NEW ORLEANS AND THOSE WHO

FLED AND LOOTED (YES,  SOME FOR GOOD REASON,  BUT NOT ALL.)

THERE IS NO JUSTIFIABLE REASON FOR CONGRESS TO AWARD ITSELF

IN THE WAY IT DOES.   YES THOSE IN CONGRESS SERVE,  BUT IT''S NOT

SUPPOSED TO BE SERVING THEMSELVES OUT OF PROPORTION TO THOSE

THAT ELECT THEM.

SECOND,  I GRIEVE FOR THOSE WHO LOST THEIR LIVES.  BUT AN EMOTIONAL,

DISPROPORTIONATE  AND DISCRIMINATE REWARD,  ALMOST RESEMBLING A

GUILT PAYMENT,  IS TOO MUCH.

THIRD,  THOSE WHO SERVE IN THE MILITARY ARE EITHER GROSELY UNDERPAID

OR WE SHOULD HAVE A CONSCRIPTION SERVICE SO THE PAY WOULD BE

FAIR ACROSS THE BOARD,  INCLUDING THE CHILDREN OF POLITICIANS.

JUST WEARING A BADGE,  WEARING A UNIFORM,  BEING  A LIFE GUARD, 

BEING IN A LOCATION THAT IS DESTROYED...THAT DOES NOT IN ITSELF

DEFINE HEROIC

YET, IF YOU CHOOSE TO PUT YOUR LIFE ON THE LINE FOR A GOOD CAUSE,  KNOWING YOU MAY LOOSE YOUR LIFE,  NO MATTER WHETHER YOU

SURVIVE OR DIE DOING IT,  THAT TRULY IS HEROIC.  

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
there are 2 topics that I cant discuss without swearing.
politicions pay and military pay.
The figures for 911 are just goverment money and dont count charities some got as much as 2 million on top of the goverement money.

Momoftwo

Brilliant_Rock
I like Rush a lot. He doesn't pussy foot around. The way to pay the military more is the way a lot of americans' don't want to hear. It involves raising taxes, because it's all our money that pays for every Federal employee, military or civilian. I'm a Federal employee and joke that I pay my own salary. There is for service memebers, just like for anyone, life insurance available if you choose to pay for it. It's called SGLI. Most people in the military will tell you they're doing what they want with their lives and the pay was secondary in their choice, but the issue is that those in harms way should be paid more. I work with quite a few Air Force members that will never see any combat other than meetings and they all live pretty comfortably. So, my argument is that those in war zones should be paid more and should get larger insurance settlements that those driving a desk here in the states. And my DH is a 0-6 in the reserves so I have a dog in this fight.

Politicians pay is another issue, but they normally have to maintain 2 residences, one in their home state and one here in DC. That can get very expensive combining costs from DC area with their home states. Also, the politicians you see living large lifestyles didnt' get that way on their pay from their political jobs, they either inherited or were highly successful before running for office. And for the DC area, the pay that Reps and Senators get is not excessively high.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
1-i do not like rush,
2-i do not approve of this war in iraq,
3-but i do NOT think this country [meaning our government, both the administration and congress] supports our troops with salary, benefits, health, education, etc. as they much deserve to be supported. that they and their families have to rely on food stamps and medical programs for the poor says much.

peace, movie zombie

ps however, one could argue that the salaries of those in congress are no different than the imbalance in corporations where ceo''s walk away with millions and haggle over paying a living wage for the grunt who makes his/her salary possible.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I suppose what disturbs me the most is the thought of all the law suits by people that beleived they were wronged and those that fight becuase of that wrong living in poverty.

rubydick

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/23/2005 8:15:44 AM
Author: Momoftwo
I like Rush a lot. He doesn''t pussy foot around. The way to pay the military more is the way a lot of americans'' don''t want to hear. It involves raising taxes, because it''s all our money that pays for every Federal employee, military or civilian. I''m a Federal employee and joke that I pay my own salary. There is for service memebers, just like for anyone, life insurance available if you choose to pay for it. It''s called SGLI. Most people in the military will tell you they''re doing what they want with their lives and the pay was secondary in their choice, but the issue is that those in harms way should be paid more. I work with quite a few Air Force members that will never see any combat other than meetings and they all live pretty comfortably. So, my argument is that those in war zones should be paid more and should get larger insurance settlements that those driving a desk here in the states. And my DH is a 0-6 in the reserves so I have a dog in this fight.

Politicians pay is another issue, but they normally have to maintain 2 residences, one in their home state and one here in DC. That can get very expensive combining costs from DC area with their home states. Also, the politicians you see living large lifestyles didnt'' get that way on their pay from their political jobs, they either inherited or were highly successful before running for office. And for the DC area, the pay that Reps and Senators get is not excessively high.

Mom,

What is it about Rush you like? Do you like the fact that when it was his turn to serve in the military, he bailed because of an anal cyst? Do you like the fact that he has constantly railed against the ACLU, but now that he has been busted as a dope addict, that he is getting that same ACLU to help him? Do you like the fact that the Republican party he has constantly backed has constantly sent this nation into war but simultaneously cut veteran benefits?

Congress voted themselves a raise. Which Congress was that? Was it one dominated by big-government Democrats, or the small-government Republicans?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/26/2005 1:46:11 AM
Author: Richard Hughes

I like Rush a lot. He doesn''t pussy foot around. The way to pay the military more is the way a lot of americans'' don''t want to hear. It involves raising taxes, because it''s all our money that pays for every Federal employee, military or civilian. I''m a Federal employee and joke that I pay my own salary. There is for service memebers, just like for anyone, life insurance available if you choose to pay for it. It''s called SGLI. Most people in the military will tell you they''re doing what they want with their lives and the pay was secondary in their choice, but the issue is that those in harms way should be paid more. I work with quite a few Air Force members that will never see any combat other than meetings and they all live pretty comfortably. So, my argument is that those in war zones should be paid more and should get larger insurance settlements that those driving a desk here in the states. And my DH is a 0-6 in the reserves so I have a dog in this fight.

Politicians pay is another issue, but they normally have to maintain 2 residences, one in their home state and one here in DC. That can get very expensive combining costs from DC area with their home states. Also, the politicians you see living large lifestyles didnt'' get that way on their pay from their political jobs, they either inherited or were highly successful before running for office. And for the DC area, the pay that Reps and Senators get is not excessively high.

Mom,

What is it about Rush you like? Do you like the fact that when it was his turn to serve in the military, he bailed because of an anal cyst? Do you like the fact that he has constantly railed against the ACLU, but now that he has been busted as a dope addict, that he is getting that same ACLU to help him? Do you like the fact that the Republican party he has constantly backed has constantly sent this nation into war but simultaneously cut veteran benefits?

Congress voted themselves a raise. Which Congress was that? Was it one dominated by big-government Democrats, or the small-government Republicans?
Or that he has been divorced 3x? Or that he was expelled from college for cheating? Or that he only has a high school diploma? Or that he makes millions on a SPIN?

The only thing I like about Rush is that he can have a sense of humor.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Having grown up with a father in the Air Force (all the men in my family have served) I can tell you it is scary wondering what will happen to your family. I am grateful that I never had to go through what so many do, but I am livid about the way we treat our military, to live and die for others is amazing...and then you get treated like dirt.
When my mother's father came home from WWII he was treated with respect, when my father’s father came home from Korea and Vietnam he was spit on and had blood thrown on him and worse...soldiers get blamed for politicians decisions. Then when they are older and suffering from ailments caused by the wars they do not receive proper healthcare, and some less then what they would get if they had lived on welfare rather then served. It is hard to understand, and very sad.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/27/2005 11:55:35 AM
Author: fire&ice

Mom,

Or that he has been divorced 3x? Or that he was expelled from college for cheating? Or that he only has a high school diploma? Or that he makes millions on a SPIN?

The only thing I like about Rush is that he can have a sense of humor.
Fire&ice, great point!
36.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rush Limbaugh is a big fat idiot.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/5/2006 3:26:35 PM
Author: ame

No. That is not correct. It is far too tame. I cannot just let that statement sit without protesting.

Being an idiot is never one''s fault. Being fat does not make one a bad person.

Rush Limbaugh, who spews hatred and profits from man''s basest instincts, however, is evil. Or he is at least as close to being, "evil" as anyone else on this earth. (But I still don''t believe in the death penalty!)

Deborah

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
There''s even a book with the title I gave. And yes, you are correct, I am very tame in calling him that

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2006 6:28:37 PM
Author: AGBF

No. That is not correct. It is far too tame. I cannot just let that statement sit without protesting.

Rush Limbaugh, who spews hatred and profits from man''s basest instincts, however, is evil. Or he is at least as close to being, ''evil'' as anyone else on this earth. (But I still don''t believe in the death penalty!)

Deborah
Oh for pete bloody sake - isn''t this a bit mellow dramatic? He''s an entertainer. He''s a dopey radio annoucer playing to an audience. Give people some credit. Did we all listen to Tom Cruise and only take vitamins for PP?

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2006 10:08:48 AM

Date: 1/5/2006 6:28:37 PM

Rush Limbaugh, who spews hatred and profits from man''s basest instincts, however, is evil. Or he is at least as close to being, ''evil'' as anyone else on this earth. (But I still don''t believe in the death penalty!)

Deborah
Oh for pete bloody sake - isn''t this a bit mellow dramatic? He''s an entertainer. He''s a dopey radio annoucer playing to an audience. Give people some credit. Did we all listen to Tom Cruise and only take vitamins for PP?
Right on!
36.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh for pete bloody sake - isn't this a bit mellow dramatic? He's an entertainer. He's a dopey radio annoucer playing to an audience. Give people some credit. Did we all listen to Tom Cruise and only take vitamins for PP?

"Bloody"? Watch your language, girl! Rush Limbaugh is a dangerous man. He plays to the lowest in men. Like Adolf Hitler. Tom Cruise is just crazy.

Deb

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2006 1:12:14 PM

''Bloody''? Watch your language, girl! Rush Limbaugh is a dangerous man. He plays to the lowest in men. Like Adolf Hitler. Tom Cruise is just crazy.

Deb
You are giving him WAY to much bloody credit.
28.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/6/2006 1:18:57 PM
You are giving him WAY to much bloody credit.
28.gif

Have it your way, but you never commented on the Georg Jensen pin I cleaned up.

I wasn''t sure whether it was a case of, "If you have nothing nice to say, don''t say anything" or if you didn''t see it. (I posted it while you were posting very infrequently, during the Christmas holidays.)

Deb
17.gif

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
You are right fire & ice . Rush is an enertainer. The problem comes because so many people believe the crap he says.

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Al Franken is an entertainer too.

Regarding Congress members pension, from CNN Money .com

«Members are eligible to start collecting at age 62 if they have at least five years of service. If they have 20 years of service under their belt, they can retire at 50. With 25 years of service, they can retire any time.

What they get depends on a formula based on years of service and average pay(natch, right?).

So a congressman with 22 years of service and whose average salary for the top three years was $153,900 gets $84,645. A current congressman ending up with six years of service (it''s two-year terms, after all) would get at least $16,503 (at age 62, of course).

In actuality, the average congressional pension payment ranges between $41,000 and $55,000, based on 2002 data from the Congressional Research Service.»

E B

Ideal_Rock

I like Rush a lot. He doesn't pussy foot around. The way to pay the military more is the way a lot of americans' don't want to hear. It involves raising taxes, because it's all our money that pays for every Federal employee, military or civilian. I'm a Federal employee and joke that I pay my own salary. There is for service memebers, just like for anyone, life insurance available if you choose to pay for it. It's called SGLI. Most people in the military will tell you they're doing what they want with their lives and the pay was secondary in their choice, but the issue is that those in harms way should be paid more. I work with quite a few Air Force members that will never see any combat other than meetings and they all live pretty comfortably. So, my argument is that those in war zones should be paid more and should get larger insurance settlements that those driving a desk here in the states. And my DH is a 0-6 in the reserves so I have a dog in this fight.

Politicians pay is another issue, but they normally have to maintain 2 residences, one in their home state and one here in DC. That can get very expensive combining costs from DC area with their home states. Also, the politicians you see living large lifestyles didnt' get that way on their pay from their political jobs, they either inherited or were highly successful before running for office. And for the DC area, the pay that Reps and Senators get is not excessively high.

Mom,

Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results