shape
carat
color
clarity

Rumors...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jessa

Rough_Rock
So i got a facebook message a bit ago from one of my cousins saying that she heard that I was engaged...I write her back, saying no, and asking who she heard it from. She said our great uncle (who makes stuff up all the time). Well apparently they are visiting each other at the moment, and she said that I told her no, we aren''t engaged. He says he heard it from my MOTHER! WTF?! AHHH I''m working on getting to the bottom of this...

it sure is making for an interesting afternoon at the moment though!

Anyone else ever have engagement rumors floating around their families?

Round Halo Lover

Shiny_Rock
Ohhhhh exciting!!!! Maybe your Mom knows something you don''t know!!!!
28.gif

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
Oooooh, maybe your mom told him too soon?
9.gif
You think a proposal might be coming soon?

jessa

Rough_Rock
Well....after I talked to my mom who said that she didn't say anything to my great uncle, i've decided he (great uncle) was just being himself and making stuff up...i guess you'd have to know him to know that he makes up the most random stuff ever...The first time he met BF they were talking baseball and ya know, my uncle trained with the Yankees in the year 1978, and who knows what else he makes up. Basically you can never believe this guy. My parents were going to call him and ask him where he got his info but i said not to worry about it. He's a 78 year old man....if he wants to think he great niece is engaged, then let him.

It did make for a fun afternoon though because i kept joking around with BF about it. He thought it was pretty funny. I was watching him when i first told him about the message to see what kind of expression he got (like oh, crap they ruined it or a wtf? look---well i got the wtf look. )

I know its coming soon--within the next 2 months. He told me at a wedding we were at ( after having a few drinks) that he had enough for the setting and that at the end of this month he would only need so much more. He is cashing out some of his PTO october 1st so I know where that is going (he told me) and so my guess is sometime after the middle of october...and before thanksgiving. COMING UP!!! WAH HOOOOO!

I've managed to put it in the back of my mind the last few weeks so that's been good :)

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Good to hear that it;s coming soon for you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results