shape
carat
color
clarity

RSVP''s

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
We sent out our invites a little less than a month ago, and already have a little less than half back...

Only 3 people have declined so far!!!?!?!?! Yikes!

We invited only what the venue could handle, but I really hope we get some more regrets!
2.gif

So much for the ''expect 20% not to come'' rule.....

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Fear not!!
2.gif

We felt that way at first too--it was like NOTHING but Yes replies, we felt like we were going to have one HUGE wedding with everyone coming. (We were shooting for 175 and invited around 220.)

What we found was that the No replies really wait until the end, I think mostly b/c they''re hoping their schedule will change, they feel guilty, they don''t care much, they''re flaky...whatever the reason. But our No replies were very heavily weighted towards the end--and a few we had to track down via e-mail or phone call--and in the end, it was like the angels sang for us b/c we are at almost EXACTLY 175. We''re actually a couple under, but if you count my sister the MOH''s babysitter and the cushion for my aunt who may decide to show after all (she and my cousin her daugter don''t speak, etc.etc.)

It was like magic! (Well: We''ll see. 8 days. We may be screwed! Who knows!
32.gif
)

So...wait and see. The Yes cards seem to flood in at first.

Good luck!!!

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''ll be okay. We also got a lot of "yes" at first. Right now, we''re running a 15% decline rate with still 30 outstanding people. It will likely take us into May to track down those folks. My parents knew we''d have this issue with our guests group and that''s why they opted to mail invites a tad earlier, especially given the fact that about half of our guests will have to travel by plane to the wedding. We''re in the process of doing the tracking down now, and likely most of those people we have not heard from are not coming.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Oye, not what I like to read, ha!!! I''ll be hoping for some declines... so much that I opted not to send STDs in hopes that it would decrease our "yes" rate!! Is that bad? HA!

Here''s to hoping for more "no" cards, although of course hoping everyone you truly want to be there WILL reply yes!!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha Magsy! I also opted not to send save the dates for that same reason! And I''m getting married Memorial Day weekend, which I also thought would allow for optimum decline status, but so far all the people I was sure would never come....are coming! Yikes!

Caribqueen...seems like you have the science of the invite down! I laughed after I read ''we''re running a 15% decline rate with still 30 outstanding people''. Sounds so technical haha.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
You guys are freaking me out! For those with small decline rates, are many of your guests from out of town? Just curious. We may have to weed down our invitation list again....

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
The same thing happened to me! Early on we had something like 90% acceptance rate. After the dust settled and we tracked down all the stragglers, we actually ended up with a respectable 70% acceptance. The definite "yes"es will be the first to respond. Wait and see...

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/23/2010 2:38:44 AM
Author: girlface
Hahaha Magsy! I also opted not to send save the dates for that same reason! And I''m getting married Memorial Day weekend, which I also thought would allow for optimum decline status, but so far all the people I was sure would never come....are coming! Yikes!

Caribqueen...seems like you have the science of the invite down! I laughed after I read ''we''re running a 15% decline rate with still 30 outstanding people''. Sounds so technical haha.
Haha!! Oh yeah, I''m running this thing like it''s a business! LOL

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
So something I have thought for a while...do you really have track people down when they don''t RSVP? Can you just assume it''s a no?

I guess that may result in people coming to the wedding that aren''t accounted for, but it is so RUDE not to RSVP. Like I want to send something out like sorry you can''t make it to the wedding.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2010 4:25:55 PM
Author: nkarma
So something I have thought for a while...do you really have track people down when they don''t RSVP? Can you just assume it''s a no?
I guess that may result in people coming to the wedding that aren''t accounted for, but it is so RUDE not to RSVP. Like I want to send something out like sorry you can''t make it to the wedding.
Depends on how many people you have that aren''t RSVPing. Personally, I would prefer to know for sure instead of assuming anything, and I would call people.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results