shape
carat
color
clarity

Royalty and famous people with coronavirus.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is no way they can leave their animals and feral outdoor cats. Plus at this point who knows if Greg and I have not been exposed so we cannot risk my elderly parents coming here now anyway. Even if they wanted to. Which they don't so..

I am praying we all get through this.

oh missy
:(2
we just have to all get through this
keep posting those funnies girls
your mum and dad are in my prayers

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just heard that the Queen was with Prince Charles on 3/12 so she was likely exposed. I hope she doesn’t get sick, especially at her age.
@missy Oy! So frustrating indeed. The rich and famous will get the tests (symptoms or not) and necessary life-saving equipment. Life is so unfair. :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just heard that the Queen was with Prince Charles on 3/12 so she was likely exposed. I hope she doesn’t get sick, especially at her age.
@missy Oy! So frustrating indeed. The rich and famous will get the tests (symptoms or not) and necessary life-saving equipment. Life is so unfair. :(

A lesson we all have learned many many times. Sending good thoughts and well wishes out to all. Stay safe and be well.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i told the other half no complaing next week if meals start to get a bit odd - im not quite sure how we are going to get out regular supermarket delivery - it might be chicken nuggets and ice cream for a few nights !

Good luck! Tell him it will be like being a child again! :lol-2:

DK :))

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wouldn’t it be great if all these celebrities instead of posting their photos with “I’m staying in for ........” Were posting pictures saying I’m using all my incredible wealth to buy PPE equipment and ventilators for hospitals so I can do some good?

Honestly, they probably don’t have to go out and brave the shops because they’ve got staff who do it for them, or simply name drop to get whatever supplies they need.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wouldn’t it be great if all these celebrities instead of posting their photos with “I’m staying in for ........” Were posting pictures saying I’m using all my incredible wealth to buy PPE equipment and ventilators for hospitals so I can do some good?

Honestly, they probably don’t have to go out and brave the shops because they’ve got staff who do it for them, or simply name drop to get whatever supplies they need.

Exactly. Why don't they use their resources and save lives. Lots of lives can be saved if we had the money and resources which celebrities and famous people and royalty do have. Let them use their money and power for saving countless lives. #needventilators #needPPE #pleasehelp

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jackson Browne and Larry Campbell tested positive.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

i am certain certain celebrities and public figurs are donating behind the sceens
it isn't everybodies style to need a big fan fare to do good

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sure that’s true @Daisys and Diamonds , but I think it would be huge morale boost to actually hear about it, make people feel less anxious that things were being done.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Two weeks ago (~3/9) Meghan and Harry were in the UK for their final royal engagements. I wonder if they saw Prince Charles and the family then...

There’s a joke circulating “How can we blame Meghan?” Must be her fault.

In all seriousness who knows where he picked it up? There are more than twice as many recorded cases in the UK than there is in Canada. Charles is a public figure and meets with so many people. He’s at a higher than average risk to be exposed and to spread!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prince Charles was with Prince Albert recently

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exactly. Why don't they use their resources and save lives. Lots of lives can be saved if we had the money and resources which celebrities and famous people and royalty do have. Let them use their money and power for saving countless lives. #needventilators #needPPE #pleasehelp

There was an anonymous "donation" of $750 000 to help speed up the documented trials of the Malaria and HIV drugs shortly after the Hank's were admitted to the Gold Coast Hospital (about an hour South of where the research is centred). It is rumoured they were both treated with said drugs...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There was an anonymous "donation" of $750 000 to help speed up the documented trials of the Malaria and HIV drugs shortly after the Hank's were admitted to the Gold Coast Hospital. I is rumoured they were both treated with said drugs...

I guess we can figure out mr and mrs anonymous.

They seemed to have a “mild” case of it. Wondering if they were treated with the meds.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess we can figure out mr and mrs anonymous.

They seemed to have a “mild” case of it. Wondering if they were treated with the meds.

Yes it is rumoured they were treated with the meds.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes it is rumoured they were treated with the meds.

So my question is and I know you can’t answer it..did they have a mild case and if so why did they need the meds? And if it wasn’t a mild case why not share that the meds helped (if they did).

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe a signature accepting risk is required because the meds aren't approved specifically for CV-19?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my question is and I know you can’t answer it..did they have a mild case and if so why did they need the meds? And if it wasn’t a mild case why not share that the meds helped (if they did).

I think they gave them "the meds" as a precaution. "The meds" according to everything I've read (the research team is local to me so they write a lot about it in our media) kills the virus stopping it in it's tracks, it will stop it before it becomes severe. It actually is less effective if you treat patients that are severe cases because I've read if they have too much lung damage already, it will not help that.

These numbers might not be exactly accurate but as of yesterday my state had 443 cases, so far we have only had 8 deaths, 6 were older Australians, one was a woman that got on a plane left my state and went to another state unwell (she didn't get "the meds") and another is a guy that got off a cruise ship and went to a rural area who also didn't get them.

The only conclusion I can draw from these numbers is that "the "meds" in my city and state when you go to a hospital administering the said "meds" provided you get them before there is massive lung damage and provided you do not have other underlying health issues that the disease impacts that then cannot be fixed, are working.

@chrono - here you sign forms/wavers to say you are willing to take part in a clinical trial, then you are given "the meds."

They are not legally allowed to publish that this stuff works and are about a month away or two from writing up the full study..... however they have been sharing information with any hospital that wants it, I know they are now studying the effectiveness of the two HIV drugs in China and they used them in at least one of their field hospitals, there, China turned the corner through social isolation but I also suspect it did so because they are now using these drugs.

They are conservatively estimating it works in 75% to 80% of all patients. I'd take those odds over dying any day of the week.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they gave them "the meds" as a precaution. "The meds" according to everything I've read (the research team is local to me so they write a lot about it in our media) kills the virus stopping it in it's tracks, it will stop it before it becomes severe. It actually is less effective if you treat patients that are severe cases because I've read if they can have too much lung damage already, and it will not help that.

These numbers might not be exactly accurate but as of yesterday my state had 443 cases, so far we have only had 8 deaths, 6 were older Australians, one was a woman that got on a plane left my state and went to another state unwell (she didn't get "the meds") and another is a guy that got off a cruise ship and went to a rural area who also didn't get them.

The only conclusion I can draw from these numbers is that "the "meds" in my city and state when you go to a hospital administering the said "meds" provided you get them before there is massive lung damage and provided you do not have other underlying health issues that the disease impacts that then cannot be fixed, are working.

That is hopeful news. I hope your physicians and scientists share this info with healthcare workers and researchers around the world. As of now, in the USA, according to my good friend a pulmonologist -the meds show no benefit.

But as you say perhaps it is due to far progression of the disease rendering the meds ineffective.

In any case your info is critical and needs to be shared with the right professionals.

Brings hope and light during an uncertain and dark time.

❤️

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is hopeful news. I hope your physicians and scientists share this info with healthcare workers and researchers around the world. As of now, in the USA, according to my good friend a pulmonologist -the meds show no benefit.

But as you say perhaps it is due to far progression of the disease rendering the meds ineffective.

In any case your info is critical and needs to be shared with the right professionals.

Brings hope and light during an uncertain and dark time.

I wonder if your friend has a) the correct dosage b) the correct mixture of the two drugs and c) is giving people the drugs at the correct time. They were unable to save 6 elderly patients here, I'm not sure if that was due to age, underlying health issues or that it was given too late, but I know that all of those things have been written in our media as impacting it's effectiveness.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tom Hanks is diabetic. Maybe they gave the meds to him because he is high risk.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
The malarial med on it’s own doesn’t look super promising. The French study had one death and I believe 6 people had to go to ICU. They tested on less than 30 people and removed severe cases from the final reported number as they could not complete the trial.

Hopefully it works in combination with other existing meds because remdesivir is a complicated beast to manufacture.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the reason it is working better in Australia is that we are doing a better job of attempting to track down every single person with it. The gist of it seems to be the earlier you give people the medication the better it works, the later you give it to them particularly if they have severe symptoms or other underlying health issues that the disease has impacted already, the less effective it is.

We have been testing a lot of the population, far more % wise than the US, I'd guess your friend is probably working with the fact that by the time patients are presenting with it, it could be too late for the medication to work properly here they are diagnosing people that have been in contact with others with it before they show symptoms and at the beginning of showing symptoms.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this guy is fairly royal.

Considering how contagious CV-19 is, the Prince's age (71), and being first in line to the throne, I'm surprised he wasn't quickly squirreled away in isolation weeks ago.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

i was under the impression its contagious when a person is displaying systems which take up to 14 days to present ?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i was under the impression its contagious when a person is displaying systems which take up to 14 days to present ?

Unfortunately it seems to be contagious before the patient has any symptoms. That's part of why it's so hard to contain

Eta: I've seen studies that suggest about two days of spreading before the symptoms show.
Or, mostly with children, people have no symptoms at all, but can still be contagious. That's why schools are so crucial and we have all been urged NOT to have any contact between grandparents and grandchildren

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boris Johnston is being reported as having it now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results