shape
carat
color
clarity

Royalty and famous people with coronavirus.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saints head coach Sean Peyton has it.

Attachments

• 1584650175322.jpeg
    1584650175322.jpeg
    207.7 KB · Views: 40

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Angele Merkel is in quarantine after a doctor she was in contact with tested positive.

US Senator Rand Paul is positive.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe I should have titled this “notable people”...

The catholic Archbishop of New Orleans, Gregory Armand is positive

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tom Hanks is positive, so is one of our politicians named Peter Dutton

Rita Wilson is also positive (married to Tom Hanks).
They tested positive while they were in Australia.

ritawilsonandtomhanks.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

"
Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson were some of the first celebrities to be diagnosed with COVID-19. And Utah Jazz teammates Rudy Gobertand Donovan Mitchell have both tested positive as well, prompting the NBA to suspend the remainder of its season.
Sophie Grégoire Trudeau, the wife of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, also tested positive for the coronavirus after speaking at massive event in London, which Idris Elba attended weeks before testing positive for the illness as well. They have not confirmed that the two cases are connected.
NBA star Kevin Durant and three other players on the Brooklyn Nets tested positive for the coronavirus. Prior to their diagnosis, they played the Los Angeles Lakers on March 10 before the NBA canceled their 2019-2020 season.
Here are all the celebrities who have tested positive for COVID-19 thus far.

The 63-year-old actors were in Australia for the production of Baz Luhrmann's Elvis Presley biopic, in which Hanks plays Colonel Tom Parker, when they announced they had the disease.

"Hello, folks. Rita and I are down here in Australia. We felt a bit tired, like we had colds, and some body aches. Rita had some chills that came and went. Slight fevers too. To play things right, as is needed in the world right now, we were tested for the Coronavirus, and were found to be positive," he wrote on Instagram.

Hanks added, "Well, now. What to do next? The Medical Officials have protocols that must be followed. We Hanks' will be tested, observed, and isolated for as long as public health and safety requires. Not much more to it than a one-day-at-a-time approach, no? We'll keep the world posted and updated. Take care of yourselves!"

Warner Bros., the company distributing the film, released a statement about Hanks and Wilson, who visited two of the most popular tourist attractions in Australia before testing positive for the disease.

"We are working closely with the appropriate Australian health agencies to identify and contact anyone who may have come in direct contact with the individual. The health and safety of our company members is always our top priority, and we are taking precautions to protect everyone who works on our productions around the world. The individual who tested positive for COVID-19 is currently receiving treatment."

Hanks and Wilson departed from the Queensland hospital five days after they announced that they tested positive for COVID-19, as reported by People and Entertainment Tonight on Monday. The couple will continue their quarantine at a home in Australia to prevent spreading the illness to others.

Two weeks after exhibiting symptoms, Hanks tweeted that the couple has been feeling better and encouraged his followers to shelter in place to avoid spreading the virus.

The game between the Utah Jazz and the Oklahoma City Thunder was postponed on March 11 after the Jazz's center Rudy Goberttested positive for the coronavirus, as reported by ESPN. The 27-year-old athlete was reportedly in Oklahoma City but wasn't present at the arena for the game.
Following the news, both teams were quarantined in Chesapeake Energy Arena. The City Thunder players left, however the Jazz players remained in the arena until testing results were finalized. Because the Jazz have come in contact with players from other NBA teams in recent games, 20% of NBA players are facing quarantine.
Shortly after calling off the game, the NBA released a statement announcing that it would suspend its season.
The statement reads, "The NBA announced that a player on the Utah Jazz has preliminarily tested positive for the COVID-19. The test result was reported shortly prior to the tip-off of tonight's game between the Jazz and Oklahoma City Thunder at the Chesapeake Energy Arena. At that time, tonight's game was canceled. The affected player was not in the arena. The NBA is suspending game play following the conclusion of tonight's schedule of games until further notice. The NBA will use this hiatus to determine next steps for moving forward in regard to the coronavirus pandemic."
After Gobert's diagnosis was announced, a video from March 9 surfaced of the athlete mocking coronavirus precautions by rubbing the microphones at a press conference. His teammates have also suggested that Gobert was "careless in the locker room" and had been "touching other players and their belongings" prior to finding out he has COVID-19.

On March 12, the Utah Jazz announced that its second player, Donovan Mitchell, has tested positive for the illness.
"As a follow-up to yesterday's positive COVID-19 test, Oklahoma health officials tested all members of the Utah Jazz traveling party, confirming one additional positive outcome for a Jazz player. We are working closely with the CDC, Oklahoma and Utah state officials, and the NBA to monitor their health and determine the best path moving forward," the statement reads.
The 23-year-old athlete was reportedly the only other Jazz player to test positive for the disease, according to The Athletic's Shams Charania.

Sophie Grégoire Trudeau, the wife of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, tested positive for the coronavirus on March 12, The New York Times reported.
Justin Trudeau was under self-isolation after his wife starting showing symptoms on Wednesday after a speaking event in the United Kingdom.
"Although I'm experiencing uncomfortable symptoms from the virus, I will be back on my feet soon," Grégoire Trudeau said in a statement. "Being in quarantine at home is nothing compared to other Canadian families who might be going through this and for those facing more serious health concerns."

Olga Kurylenko, a 40-year-old Ukranian-born actress, tested positive for COVID-19, according to her Instagram post on March 15.
Kurylenko, who starred alongside Daniel Craig in the 2008 film "Quantum of Solace," shared a photo of her window at home along with the news of her diagnosis.
"Locked up at home after having tested positive for Coronavirus. I've actually been ill for almost a week now. Fever and fatigue are my main symptoms," Kurylenko wrote.
She continued, "Take care of yourself and do take this seriously!"
On Sunday, the actress shared an update on Instagram and said that she was "completely recovered."
"For one week I felt pretty bad and was mostly in bed, sleeping, with high fever and strong headache. The second week, the fever was gone but some light cough appeared and I felt very tired. By the end of the second week I felt totally fine," Kurylenko added.

Christian Wood, a 24-year old center on the Detroit Pistons, is the third NBA player to test positive for the novel coronavirus, as reported by The Athletic's Shams Charania. Charania reported that Wood has shown no symptoms and "is doing well."
The Pistons released a statement about the athlete's diagnosis on Sunday.
"A player on the Detroit Pistons, who is under the care of team medical staff and in self-isolation since Wednesday night, was tested for COVID-19. A preliminary positive result came back on March 14. The health and safety of our players, our organization, those throughout our league, and all those potentially impacted by this situation is paramount," the statement said.
Although the team hasn't confirmed where he came in contact with the illness, Wood faced off with Rudy Gobert, who was the first NBA player to test positive for COVID-19, when the Utah Jazz played the Detroit Pistons on March 7.

Lucian Grainge, the 60-year-old chairman and CEO of Universal Music, has been hospitalized after testing positive for the novel coronavirus, multiple sources have confirmed to Billboard and The Hollywood Reporter.
The executive is receiving treatment at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles, as reported by The Hollywood Reporter.
Universal Music hasn't released a statement confirming his diagnosis, however fellow industry players have reportedly grown uneasy as Grainge threw a 60th birthday celebration prior to his diagnosis on February 29. Apple CEO Tim Cook, music executive Irving Azoff, and Apple senior vice president Eddy Cue attended the event.

Idris Elba tested positive for the novel coronavirus on March 16, which the 47-year-old British actor confirmed in a video he posted on Twitter.
"This morning I tested positive for Covid 19. I feel ok, I have no symptoms so far but have been isolated since I found out about my possible exposure to the virus. Stay home people and be pragmatic. I will keep you updated on how I'm doing No panic," the "Thor" actor wrote.
Although the actor didn't specify where he was exposed to someone that had tested positive, he was photographed with Sophie Grégoire Trudeau, the wife of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, at WE Day 2020 on March 4. Sophie tested positive for COVID-19 on March 13, however it remains unconfirmed that the two cases are connected.
In the video, Idris also shared that his wife, Sabrina Dhowre Elba, hasn't been tested and "is doing okay."
He called on his fans to be vigilant about washing their hands and remain aware that they may be asymptomatic carriers of COVID-19.
"We live in a divided world right now. We can all feel it. It's been bulls--- but now is the time for solidarity. Now is the time for thinking about each other," he said, adding, "There are so many people whose lives have been affected — from those who have lost the people that they love to those who don't even have it and have lost their livelihood. This is real."
On Sunday, Sabrina announced that she tested positive for the novel coronavirus as well during a FaceTime episode of "Oprah Talks: COVID-19" on Apple TV.
"I could have made the decision to put myself, maybe, in a separate room or stay away, and I'm sure that people are making those decisions. And they're tough decisions to make," she told Oprah, continuing, "But I made the decision to want to be with him and, you know, still touch him."

Kristofer Hivju, who is known for his roles on HBO's "Game of Thrones" and in "The Fate of the Furious," tested positive for the novel coronavirus and announced the news on Instagram on March 16.
The 41-year-old Norwegian actor said that he and his family would be self-isolating for "as long as it takes."
"We are in good health - I only have mild symptoms of a cold. There are people at higher risk for who this virus might be a devastating diagnosis, so I urge all of you to be extremely careful; wash your hands, keep 1,5 meters distance from others, go in quarantine; just do everything you can to stop the virus from spreading," he wrote.

Rachel Matthews, who voiced Honeymaren in "Frozen 2,″ tested positive for the novel coronavirus, she shared on her Instagram story on March 16.
"Hey guys, I tested positive for COVID-19 and have been in quarantine the last week. Unsure of what the next step is (been getting mixed info so will keep you posted) but will obviously remain in quarantine until told to do otherwise," the 26-year-old wrote.
The actress continued to break down a day-by-day timeline of her symptoms, which began with a sore throat, headache, and fatigue, adding, "I only got tested because I had been around a confirmed case and had been showing symptoms."
Matthews didn't elaborate on where she was exposed to the illness but said that tests are "insanely hard to come by."
"Our country is very behind and we don't have much of a system in place," she wrote.
At the end of her story, she posted the video of Idris Elba sharing his COVID-19 diagnosis and said, "you can also be a carrier with **no symptoms**."

The four Brooklyn Nets players are in self-isolation and "under the care of team physicians," according to a press release from the team.

The last team the Nets played before the players were tested were the Los Angeles Lakers on March 10 before the NBA postponed the rest of the 2019-2020 season.

Singer Charlotte Lawrence tested positive for COVID-19, which she confirmed in an Instagram post on Tuesday evening.

"I am going to be completely fine. But many who get it won't be if too many people get sick too quickly," the 19-year-old wrote, adding, "This is me pleading for you all to protect those less able to survive the virus."

Lawrence continued to encourage her followers to stay home to slow the spread of the virus.

She concluded her message by writing: "And for the love of god, self f---ing quarantine or you'll be on my s--- list."

Daniel Dae Kim learned that he tested positive for COVID-19 on Wednesday.
The actor shared his diagnosis in a 10-minute Instagram video on Thursday, explaining that he's been in isolation in his home in Hawaii since last Sunday.
"For the past several weeks I was in New York shooting a role on a TV series where — ironically — I play a doctor who gets recruited to a hospital to help patients during a flu pandemic," Kim said.
He returned home after production on the show was suspended, adding that he was asymptomatic during that time period. Kim quarantined himself in a room at home, but reported tightness in his chest, body aches, and a fever before deciding to get tested.
Although he never went to the hospital, the actor said he was on bed rest for days.
"For all those out there — especially teenagers and millennials — who think this is not serious, please know that it is," Kim warned, adding, "And if you treat this without care, you are potentially endangering the lives of millions of people, including your loved ones."
The actor shared an update on Instagram on Sunday and reported that he felt "practically back to normal" but remains in isolation.
"I am lucky enough to be in the 80% of diagnosed cases that have not required hospitalization," he said, adding, "As of now, I have no symptoms other than a little residual congestion."

Producer Andrew Watt tested positive for the novel coronavirus, according to his Instagram post on March 16.
The 29-year-old, who has worked with artists like Post Malone and Cardi B, said he felt like he got "hit by a bus" before getting tested — reporting a fever, chills, and a dry cough.
The doctor told Watt that he didn't have COVID-19, as the producer hadn't left the country or done anything except travel between his home and the studio. However, his symptoms worsened and he "begged" to be tested.
Although Watt was eventually tested, he described how difficult it was for him to get access to a test even as he showed symptoms. Since the diagnosis, the producer said his fever has gone down but added that he remains on bed rest with an oxygen mask to recover from his pneumonia.
"I am 29 years old. I am a healthy young man and I am going to get through this no matter what. I am going to make a full recovery," he wrote.
Watt continued, "But... there are so many people in my life and in the world that could possibly not get through this due to their age and/or a compromised immune system."

Colton Underwood announced on social media Friday that he tested positive for the novel coronavirus and encouraged his followers to stay home.

"I want to let you guys know, I'm 28. I consider myself pretty healthy. I work out regularly. I eat healthy, and I became symptomatic a few days ago," the former NFL star said in a video shared on Twitter.

He continued: "It's been kicking my a--, just to put it bluntly. Main thing is I can't even walk up a flight of stairs without being out of breath or go to the bathroom without having to sit down because I'm exhausted."

The "Bachelor" alum also said he's staying at fiancée Cassie Randolph's family home. "Unfortunately that means we're all in this together," he said.

Andy Cohen announced Friday that he tested positive for the coronavirus, which causes the disease known as COVID-19.

The host of "Watch What Happens Live" said he wanted to get work done for the show from home, but said he and his team are "putting a pin in that for now" until his condition improves.

"After a few days of self-quarantine, and not feeling great, I have tested positive for Coronavirus," he wrote in the caption of the post. "As much as I felt like I could push through whatever I was feeling to do #WWHL from home, we're putting a pin in that for now so I can focus on getting better."

"I want to thank all the medical professionals who are working tirelessly for all of us, and urge everybody to stay home and take care of themselves."

Aaron Tveit, the lead in Broadway's "Moulin Rouge! The Musical," tested positive for COVID-19, per his Instagram post on Monday. The 36-year-old actor said that he's been in quarantine since Broadway shut down on March 12.

"I consider myself extremely lucky that my symptoms have been very mild - cold like with no fever - as so many are experiencing much more serious symptoms, because this is a very dangerous virus," he wrote.

Tveit added, "One thing I have been experiencing is the loss of taste and smell, which I think is a big sign for people who are otherwise asymptotic."

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prince Charles! I guess he would normally meet lots and lots of different people and staff so might be higher risk to get it.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Camilla has tested negative which is a good thing, as I think she's prone to chest infections, isn't she?

Yes, she used to be a heavy smoker, I think? Not sure if she still is.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Prince Charles being tested positive, I had to roll my eyes when I read some comments why he was tested when frontline NHS staff have not!

FFS!

DK :roll2:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Prince Charles being tested positive, I had to roll my eyes when I read some comments why he was tested when frontline NHS staff have not!

FFS!

DK :roll2:

I think it's like @Snowdrop13 said: he could have been quite the super spreader, infecting thousands...

I am as grumpy as you, @dk168 , about celebrities getting tested when healthcare workers won't, but in Korea apparently one church leader infected thousands in a day or two, so it's prudent to test people who see thousands of people normally.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Prince Charles is the first person really on my regular radar to get this

im worried about Camila- she was a smoker for years
they both have grandkids to watch grow up
Thank goodness he didn't go home to see his mum and dad
we talked about it just two days ago how they are holed up far from The Queen
hopefully Charles getting it will mean some people who were not taking this serously will now
this has really unnerved me
i pray for a quick recovery and no one catching it from him

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two weeks ago (~3/9) Meghan and Harry were in the UK for their final royal engagements. I wonder if they saw Prince Charles and the family then...

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's like @Snowdrop13 said: he could have been quite the super spreader, infecting thousands...

I am as grumpy as you, @dk168 , about celebrities getting tested when healthcare workers won't, but in Korea apparently one church leader infected thousands in a day or two, so it's prudent to test people who see thousands of people normally.

No, I was not bothered about Prince Charles being tested ahead of front line workers.

I was more bothered about the negative comments why he should be tested ahead of them.

Whether I like it or not, and I am a royalist even if I am not particularly keen on him (the Princess Royal is my favourite after HM, always has been), he is our next head of state!

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NYC is the epicenter.
We need PPEs.
We need ventilators.

I don't worry about the celebrities. They will be OK. If they need ventilators they will get it.

NYC got 400 ventilators.
We need 30,000 ventilators.

Trump is willing to sacrifice thousands and thousands of human life for the economy.

:(

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I was not bothered about Prince Charles being tested ahead of front line workers.

I was more bothered about the negative comments why he should be tested ahead of them.

Whether I like it or not, and I am a royalist even if I am not particularly keen on him (the Princess Royal is my favourite after HM, always has been), he is our next head of state!

Ah, gotcha, @dk168 , I thought you referred to commenters who defended his testing

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, gotcha, @dk168 , I thought you referred to commenters who defended his testing

The negative comments were probably made by the same type of people who asked why the police have 2 in a petrol car and not 2m apart!

I was so tempted to respond in the line that I wish the HCPs could practice safe-distancing of 2m apart, however, they frigging can't!!!

Honestly, some people!

Rant over. I need a chill pill, or just ignore the idiotic, rude, downright offensive comments at times like these!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Prince Charles is surposed to be the next king of my country too
hopefully apart from age he has no other risk factors

@missy i am heart broken about what is happening in your city, and also across the river in NJ
could you get your mum and dad to come to your place and stay for the duration ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The negative comments were probably made by the same type of people who asked why the police have 2 in a petrol car and not 2m apart!

I was so tempted to respond in the line that I wish the HCPs could practice safe-distancing of 2m apart, however, they frigging can't!!!

Honestly, some people!

Rant over. I need a chill pill, or just ignore the idiotic, rude, downright offensive comments at times like these!

its pretty hard to chill right now but i just went outside (its 12.52 am) to call Tibby in - he was just sitting on our driveway under strict instructions to cough into his elbow if the need arose
outside there were no stars tonight but it was calm, there was a cricket or a cicader making a bit of a racket. the night air was slightly cool
NZ is in lock down
my neighbours are asleep
i feel slightly calmer
in my bubble

stay safe DK
stay healthy

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
its pretty hard to chill right now but i just went outside (its 12.52 am) to call Tibby in - he was just sitting on our driveway under strict instructions to cough into his elbow if the need arose
outside there were no stars tonight but it was calm, there was a cricket or a cicader making a bit of a racket. the night air was slightly cool
NZ is in lock down
my neighbours are asleep
i feel slightly calmer
in my bubble

stay safe DK
stay healthy

You too!

We all need to take stock and be grateful for what we have, as there are many who are in much worse situation than us!

We have a roof over our head, food in the house, clothes to keep us warm and dry etc. etc...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prince Charles is surposed to be the next king of my country too
hopefully apart from age he has no other risk factors

@missy i am heart broken about what is happening in your city, and also across the river in NJ
could you get your mum and dad to come to your place and stay for the duration ?

There is no way they can leave their animals and feral outdoor cats. Plus at this point who knows if Greg and I have not been exposed so we cannot risk my elderly parents coming here now anyway. Even if they wanted to. Which they don't so..

I am praying we all get through this.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
You too!

We all need to take stock and be grateful for what we have, as there are many who are in much worse situation than us!

We have a roof over our head, food in the house, clothes to keep us warm and dry etc. etc...

i told the other half no complaing next week if meals start to get a bit odd - im not quite sure how we are going to get out regular supermarket delivery - it might be chicken nuggets and ice cream for a few nights !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results