shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Princess Beatrice, elder daughter of Prince Andrew and Sarah, Duchess of York, got married in a low key ceremony attended by close family members in one of the chapels in Windsor Castle recently (it might have been earlier today 17 July 2020).

I have yet to see any pictures from the wedding. Just curious if she wore a tiara for the occasion or not, that's all.

DK :))

Its such nice news to wake up to
i read the photos wont be released till tomorrow so as not to over shadow Sir Tom's knighthod
That's good manners
As much as i was looking forward to a royal wedding its probably for the best done this way - i mean good for then really !

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
2020 National Day concert

2020 National Day concert.jpg queen-mathilde-3.jpg queen-mathilde-4.jpg queen-mathilde-5.jpg

You know what is fun about this picture (besides Mathilde's epic level of matching masks to dress)? You can tell she's smiling just by looking at her eyes!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Wondering if the Queen wore this same outfit to her wedding...

Conferred the Honour of Knighthood on Captain Tom Moore at an Investiture at Windsor Castle in Windsor1

conferred the Honour of Knighthood on Captain Tom Moore at an Investiture at Windsor Castle in...jpg conferred the Honour of Knighthood on Captain Tom Moore at an Investiture at Windsor Castle in...jpg

From what I read in some online British newspapers, yes Her Majesty wore the same outfit. She went straight from Beatrice's wedding to the investiture.

I also saw that Princess Beatrice purposely did not release any wedding photos because she did not want to overshadow Sir Tom's big day. Classy move...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
From what I read in some online British newspapers, yes Her Majesty wore the same outfit. She went straight from Beatrice's wedding to the investiture.

I also saw that Princess Beatrice purposely did not release any wedding photos because she did not want to overshadow Sir Tom's big day. Classy move...

Good manners from Bee

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of two wedding photos of Princess Beatrice's wedding released today, and she borrowed her grandmother's tiara that she wore to her own wedding, who in turn borrowed it from Queen Mary, her grandmother.

Beatrice's Wedding.JPG

DK :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its lovelly how Bea wore a vintage dress
it was loaned by the Queen, a Nornan Hartnell creation and adjusticed to fit by the Queen's in house dress maker/ dresser Angela Kelly
And the Queen lent her her tiara that she herself had borrowed from her own grandmother on her wedding day
i would hope that the beautuful bride gets zero flack from anybody over this wedding
She waa indeed all class
Here is HM wearing the dress in 1960 something

And unlike for the then Princess Elizabeth the tiara stayed in one piece for this wedding !
the 21st century bride had already endured so much bad lack in the lead up to her very much scaled down big day

_113510360_gettyimages-558656601.jpg _113516476_gettyimages-613465636.jpg _113502347_hi062516721.jpg
And because i love flowers
Bea's bouquet already lain at the tomb of the unknown warrior

The bouquet was fashioned out of trailing jasmine, pale pink and cream sweet peas, royal porcelain ivory spray roses, pink O'Hara garden roses, pink wax flower, baby pink astilbe and, in keeping with royal tradition, sprigs of myrtle.

The Reverend Canon Anthony Ball laid the bouquet with Toby Wright, the son of the sub-dean of the Chapel Royal, Reverend Paul Wright

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Its lovelly how Bea wore a vintage dress
it was loaned by the Queen, a Nornan Hartnell creation and adjusticed to fit by the Queen's in house dress maker/ dresser Angela Kelly
And the Queen lent her her tiara that she herself had borrowed from her own grandmother on her wedding day
i would hope that the beautuful bride gets zero flack from anybody over this wedding
She waa indeed all class
Here is HM wearing the dress in 1960 something

And unlike for the then Princess Elizabeth the tiara stayed in one piece for this wedding !
the 21st century bride had already endured so much bad lack in the lead up to her very much scaled down big day

_113510360_gettyimages-558656601.jpg _113516476_gettyimages-613465636.jpg _113502347_hi062516721.jpg
And because i love flowers
Bea's bouquet already lain at the tomb of the unknown warrior

The bouquet was fashioned out of trailing jasmine, pale pink and cream sweet peas, royal porcelain ivory spray roses, pink O'Hara garden roses, pink wax flower, baby pink astilbe and, in keeping with royal tradition, sprigs of myrtle.

The Reverend Canon Anthony Ball laid the bouquet with Toby Wright, the son of the sub-dean of the Chapel Royal, Reverend Paul Wright

I think it was fabulous she borrowed some history to start her own. She looked lovely in it.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I love everything about Beatrice's wedding! The dress, the tiara, the flowers, the chapel...flawless! Every happiness to them!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im hoping true to form the bride's mother will leak us some more details

Its unfair to compare this to pre-covid royal weddings, but Bea is now one of my favourite royal brides
As I'm a sentimental old fool she ticks all the boxes for me

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
100 years from now someone like us will look back at these photos and know it was 2020 :(2
But that's a very stylish Queenly mask

Let’s hope that they know for sure that it was 2020 and not, 2020 or 2021 or 2022. Given the difficulties of developing vaccines for certain types of viruses there is unfortunately no guarantee that one can be developed, manufactured and administered to enough people in a short time frame. You are so fortunate in NZ Daisy. We too are fortunate in Australia, but not doing anywhere near as well as NZ.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Let’s hope that they know for sure that it was 2020 and not, 2020 or 2021 or 2022. Given the difficulties of developing vaccines for certain types of viruses there is unfortunately no guarantee that one can be developed, manufactured and administered to enough people in a short time frame. You are so fortunate in NZ Daisy. We too are fortunate in Australia, but not doing anywhere near as well as NZ.

Too true

And indeed we are indeed very fortunate here, i think geography gave us an advantage
I am very worried about you guys over there
its a lesson to us all to remain viligent
I think every country eased off restrictions too soon and (some) people just went back to nornal with not a care in the world
I hope you guys get Victoria and NSW under control again soon

id like to see a Transtasmen travel bubble start with Tazzie

Because its the royal jewles thread

Queen-wearing-Wattle-Brooch.jpg downloadfile-205.jpg The-Queens-Australian-Wattle-Brooch-MUST-USE-PHOTO-CREDIT-high-res-cropped.jpg HAUHCX5FXREDXCXT32MLY7IEOA.jpg 1 New-Zealand-Fern-Brooch.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Two more pictures of Bea released by Buck palace
Some nice detailing visible on her sleeve and im intreged by her shoes
I hope in due course her wedding outfit will be displayed at BP

Screenshot_20200720-140208.png Screenshot_20200720-140148.png

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Touring Devon and Cornwall
30977490-8541169-image-a-4_1595253018159.jpg tour of Devon and Cornwall.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really do not get it why the Duchess of Cornwall favours the design of having a dart across the upper part of her bust, not the most flattering of looks, IMHO.

DK :(2

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
When did brides stop wearing necklases ? :(2

Beatrice isn’t even wearing earrings.

I guess sometimes brides want more focus on other things like the tiara and/or dress, or perhaps they decided that a necklace would make the overall look too ‘busy‘. I think the both of them look great without necklaces although I think Beatrice would have looked good with a small pair of earrings, echoing something of the style/shapes in the tiara or dress detail.

I should confess now..... I have a bias towards earrings. They are essential kit in my view (unless you are swimming/doing sport - then best to take them out in case they get lost or cause injury).

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beatrice isn’t even wearing earrings.

I guess sometimes brides want more focus on other things like the tiara and/or dress, or perhaps they decided that a necklace would make the overall look too ‘busy‘. I think the both of them look great without necklaces although I think Beatrice would have looked good with a small pair of earrings, echoing something of the style/shapes in the tiara or dress detail.

I should confess now..... I have a bias towards earrings. They are essential kit in my view (unless you are swimming/doing sport - then best to take them out in case they get lost or cause injury).

Do we ever see the Quee without earings ?
This reminds me my middle holes are closing over ...i need to do something about it

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Princess Beatrice's dress appeals to me immensely. I loved it at first sight before reading that it was vintage. I agree that everything at the wedding was perfect. It was in very good taste.The flowers were beautiful and plentiful. I hope that she and her husband will be happy.

Edited to add: The Fringe Tiara is not my favorite, but no one could argue that it has been worn by many of the most important British royal brides.

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
QueenElizabethatLawrenceofArabia.jpeg

This is a photo of Queen Elizabeth wearing the gown that she lent to Princess Beatrice when she attended the premiere of "Lawrence of Arabia" in 1962.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results