shape
carat
color
clarity

Round Brilliant Diamond...is this a good one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zed999

Rough_Rock
Here is a diamond that I am looking at...just need some help to know if the diamond/price is good. I checked it on the cut advisor and it gave the diamond the following score:

Factor Grade
Light Return Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Excellent
Spread
or diameter for weight Very Good
Total Visual Performance 1.2 - Excellent - within TIC range

Here are the particulars of the diamond:

Price $3700

Shape: Round Brilliant

Color: G

Clarity: SI1

Cut: Ideal Cut

Weight: 1.01 ct

Measurements: 6.42-6.48*3.94

Depth: 61.1%

Table Diameter: 57%

Crown Height: 15%

Pavilion Depth: 43%

Issuer: EGL

Any assistance would be great!!!!
9.gif

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
"Looks" good from here. Have you seen it?

Keep in mind:

- Per cents are less accurate than angles with the HCA.
- EGL is generally regarded as less accurate than GIA.
- SI1s are not necessarily eye-clean.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
HCA: I used the formulas Leonid posted for calculating angles from percents and got 1.2 TIC, Ex/Ex/Ex/Vg also. Keep in mind that actual angle measurements on a Sarin may differ slightly from the calculations.

Price looks good too, if the Cert is accurate on color and clarity.

Only draw back is the EGL Cert. Is it EGL USA, preferably LA? EGL tends to not be as strict or consistent in their grading as AGS or GIA. That G could easily be H, or even as low as I. An EGL SI1 could be an AGS/GIA SI2. SI's fall in a tricky area. SI1's tend to be eye clean, but not always. Eye clean SI2's are rarer, but there are some out there.

While worth considering, you should definitely go with an independent appraisal on this diamond. Make purchase contingent on an approved independent appraisal or get a return period to allow for independent verification.
2.gif

zed999

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your help!!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Price looks quite low... I'm a bit worried of G/SI 1 grades... EGL isn't too accurate...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results